Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Toplef10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 I22gcj10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Toplef10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 I22gcj10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Today at 3:09 am

» N & C Midwest: October 2024
by OhioGardener 10/16/2024, 6:18 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 10/11/2024, 5:31 pm

» Confirm what this is
by sanderson 10/11/2024, 2:51 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 10/10/2024, 5:47 pm

» Harlequin Beetles?
by sanderson 10/7/2024, 3:08 pm

» Preserving A Bumper Tomato Harvest with Freezing vs Canning
by sanderson 10/7/2024, 3:05 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 10/6/2024, 4:20 pm

» Greetings from Southeastern Wisconsin
by OhioGardener 10/6/2024, 12:05 pm

» N & C Midwest: September 2024
by OhioGardener 9/30/2024, 4:13 pm

» The SFG Journey-Biowash
by OhioGardener 9/29/2024, 8:33 am

» Fall is For Garlic Planting
by Scorpio Rising 9/28/2024, 12:19 am

» source for chemical-free lanscape fabric
by Woodsong 9/19/2024, 10:51 am

» Hurricane
by sanderson 9/14/2024, 5:42 pm

» Spinning Compost Bin-need some ideas
by sanderson 9/12/2024, 2:09 am

» Old Mulch and Closing Beds for Winter
by Scorpio Rising 9/11/2024, 8:23 pm

» Pest Damage
by WBIowa 9/8/2024, 2:48 pm

» cabbage moth?
by jemm 9/8/2024, 9:15 am

» adding compost yearly
by sanderson 9/5/2024, 2:16 am

» N & C Midwest: August 2024
by OhioGardener 8/31/2024, 8:13 pm

» Article - Create a Seed Library to Share the Extras
by OhioGardener 8/26/2024, 4:09 pm

» Best Tasting Parthenocarpic Cucumber?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 7:07 pm

» Winter Squash Arch
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 8:02 am

» Master Gardeners: Growing Your Own Blueberries
by OhioGardener 8/19/2024, 10:09 am

» Looking for a local source for transplants.... Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:26 am

» Hi, y'all. I'm new to everything in Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:21 am

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 8/14/2024, 5:47 pm

» Hi from N. Georgia
by AtlantaMarie 8/13/2024, 8:57 am

» Hello from Atlanta, Georgia
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:09 am

» growing tomatoes from seed outside
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:05 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

+91
sanderson
Marc Iverson
audrey.jeanne.roberts
plantoid
cheyannarach
gregrenee88
Triciasgarden
CapeCoddess
bnoles
CharlesB
southern gardener
greatgranny
llama momma
petals1973
MSJ
sherryeo
Kelejan
busygirl
pelujilla
dizzygardener
staf74
Odd Duck
Nonna.PapaVino
camprn
boog1
westie42
yosoypanadero
Wreanne05
Goosegirl
elliephant
Jay Bird
ashort
dixie
Old Hippie
CindiLou
Blackrose
Megan
walshevak
acara
Furbalsmom
middlemamma
BackyardBirdGardner
kimbertangleknot
FarmerValerie
Smartchick
Aussie Girl
jkdistad
eyeluv2garden
junequilt
Little Thumb
Ha-v-v
Weedless_
Shoda
Dunkinjean
dmpower
Josh
carolintexas
graceypt
herbarium
Kabaju42
trukrebew
alouwomack
Chopper
Dietryin
pattipan
SFGHQSTAFF
kiwirose
PB
johnfromfl
milaneyjane
ColoradoNatureGirl
scoobe
Retired Member 1
auntij
Sapp
LaFee
Amy in Idaho
argardener
SirTravers
Selandra
robbinscabin
ander217
chocolatepop
tessmick
martha
WardinWake
Lavender Debs
timwardell
boffer
jinx
happyfrog
95 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Empty Re: You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

Post  johnfromfl 5/23/2010, 11:25 am

....if you throw out all other gardening books but keep the SFG book series.

(Ya might need to keep a few old gardening books just for reference.)
johnfromfl
johnfromfl

Male Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Empty Re: You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

Post  boffer 5/23/2010, 11:38 am

You get excited when your wife brings home a twelve pack...........of flowers or veggies and not beer!
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7370

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  carolintexas 5/23/2010, 7:11 pm

you sit in your chair in the garden, watching over your baby plants AND have a laptop with you so you can read the forums at the same time.
carolintexas

Female Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  PB 5/23/2010, 8:07 pm

My husband knows he wont have to go to a jewelry store, or clothing store for my anniversary or birthday. He won't be embarassed asking a sales lady for the right size. All my gifts will come from a garden center somewhere out there! Where men can still shop like real men!! You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_lol
PB
PB

Female Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Empty https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/general-sfg-talk-f5/you-might-be-a-sfg-er-if-you---t231.htm

Post  Dunkinjean 5/23/2010, 9:14 pm

If you fall asleep thinking about your SFG, dream about your SFG and wake up thinking about your SFG.

Dunkinjean
Dunkinjean
Dunkinjean

Female Posts : 694

http://2jean@excite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfromfl 5/24/2010, 9:28 am

.....If you are watching TV or a movie and spot a SFG...You yell out "SFG" to one you just viewed to get everyones attention.
johnfromfl
johnfromfl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoda 5/24/2010, 12:09 pm

... rather build another box then get your tempermental dishwasher fixed.
Shoda
Shoda

Female Posts : 439

http://www.buzztools.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weedless_ 5/24/2010, 12:29 pm

... wake up an hour early, so that you can go plant a few seeds before you start your normal day ...
Weedless_
Weedless_

Female Posts : 233

http://www.eatalready.com

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfromfl 5/25/2010, 8:53 am

........wonder if you should have planted the bloomed rose bushes that are in large pots into a stacked SFG.
johnfromfl
johnfromfl

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Empty you might be a sfg er if you

Post  kiwirose 5/25/2010, 9:46 am

are worried that WW3 is going to erupt at your family dinner table tonight because the kid wants to eat more than his share of the sugar snap peas You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_exclaim and mom (me) won't give the kid some of hers You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_lol
kiwirose

Female Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post  LaFee 5/25/2010, 2:20 pm

go running out into the middle of a torrential downpour with 1/2" hail (with an umbrella...I'm crazy, but I'm not STUPID!) to find the torn fleece you put in the garbage because you get teary thinking that all your little plants could be smashed to a pulp by the hail. You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 926169

(Mission accomplished...shoes full of water and pants dripping across the kitchen...but the plants are safe) You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 832433
LaFee

Female Posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post  timwardell 5/25/2010, 3:04 pm

LaFee wrote:go running out into the middle of a torrential downpour with 1/2" hail (with an umbrella...I'm crazy, but I'm not STUPID!) to find the torn fleece you put in the garbage because you get teary thinking that all your little plants could be smashed to a pulp by the hail. You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 926169

(Mission accomplished...shoes full of water and pants dripping across the kitchen...but the plants are safe) You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 832433
Nice save. When it comes to the garden, you gotta' do what you've gotta' do. Very Happy
timwardell
timwardell

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 778

http://www.timwardell.com/gardening/

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfromfl 5/25/2010, 6:38 pm

I was in Wally World today....looking at the Hobby Farm Magazine and saw what looked like a SFG and almost yelled out "SFG". Now for sure I know I am hooked on SFG.
johnfromfl
johnfromfl

Back to top Go down

Post  martha 5/25/2010, 9:25 pm

johnfromfl wrote:.....If you are watching TV or a movie and spot a SFG...You yell out "SFG" to one you just viewed to get everyones attention.

Well, how cool is that? What shows/movies?
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2173

Back to top Go down

Post  PB 5/25/2010, 9:33 pm

If while you are working on your SFG you are comtemplating what you will post about your adventures in SFGing today!!

Instead of telling hubby about the garden today. It has turned into I did -fill in the blank- in the SFG today.
PB
PB

Back to top Go down

Post  happyfrog 5/26/2010, 9:14 am

. . .start making a list of all your gardening friends and see if they'd be interested in splitting a seed order - consisting of ONE seed packet each of 75+ different varieties - it'll be a win-win for everyone! We all get to grow a wide variety of produce/fruits w/o much cash outlay. . .and no worries about seed storage. Smile
happyfrog

Female Posts : 625

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfromfl 5/26/2010, 5:26 pm

....Talk to several people you meet and they think SFG a good Idea.

This happened to me today. I convinced two people to try SFG.
johnfromfl
johnfromfl

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh 5/29/2010, 8:27 am

Posting this one for my dad

You might be a SFGer if:

You tell your wife your going out to work in the garden…

But instead you go to the SFG TT, just to hang out and have
a good time with your SFG buddies, cause you don’t really have any work to do in your SFG.
You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Ttcheckers
Josh
Josh

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 741

http://greenesgardenthings.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v 5/29/2010, 8:34 am

Ahhhh!! So good to see folks having a good time in the garden :-D

That TT is growing so nicely as well, I can see your Dad in my mind mixing MM in the box from the before pics. All of you have done a nice job, a true family team effort, I love team work.

Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1119
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  Kabaju42 5/29/2010, 11:09 am

kiwirose wrote:are worried that WW3 is going to erupt at your family dinner table tonight because the kid wants to eat more than his share of the sugar snap peas You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_exclaim and mom (me) won't give the kid some of hers You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_lol

Kids fighting to eat more veggies? That's gotta be from an SFG instead of wally's world. You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_lol
Kabaju42
Kabaju42

Male Posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post  PB 5/29/2010, 10:20 pm

You might be an SFG'er if for years you wanted flowers, but didn't have time for them because of trying to keep your traditional garden happy. Now with SFG.... I have time for You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower flowers!!! Woo-Hoo!! You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Icon_flower
PB
PB

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/29/2010, 10:45 pm

you kill time wandering among your table tops looking for weeds to pull, dressed in a suit and tie, while waiting on your wife to finish dressing.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7370

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v 5/29/2010, 10:53 pm

you kill time wandering among your table tops looking for weeds to pull,
dressed in a suit and tie, while waiting on your wife to finish
dressing.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 Lol lolololol how is it I can picture this ? lolololololol Oh maybe because I can picture my husband waiting for me lolololol He might not be in the garden but he is always ready before me Smile

Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1119
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  Kabaju42 5/30/2010, 10:11 pm

boffer wrote:you kill time wandering among your table tops looking for weeds to pull, dressed in a suit and tie, while waiting on your wife to finish dressing.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 4 889526

I was actually about to do that this morning, but I wound up talking to the neighbor instead.
Kabaju42
Kabaju42

Back to top Go down

Post  Kabaju42 5/30/2010, 11:05 pm

... If you spend most of your free time inside looking out the kitchen window to look at the garden.

... If you've seriously considered taking out said window and putting in a glass door instead for quicker access to the garden. Hey it can't be that hard can it?
Kabaju42
Kabaju42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next