Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Toplef10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 I22gcj10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Toplef10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 I22gcj10You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising Today at 12:11 pm

» N & C Midwest: September 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:52 am

» Hurricane
by sanderson 9/14/2024, 5:42 pm

» Spinning Compost Bin-need some ideas
by sanderson 9/12/2024, 2:09 am

» Old Mulch and Closing Beds for Winter
by Scorpio Rising 9/11/2024, 8:23 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 9/11/2024, 8:20 pm

» Pest Damage
by WBIowa 9/8/2024, 2:48 pm

» cabbage moth?
by jemm 9/8/2024, 9:15 am

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 9/5/2024, 6:37 pm

» adding compost yearly
by sanderson 9/5/2024, 2:16 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 9/2/2024, 3:10 pm

» N & C Midwest: August 2024
by OhioGardener 8/31/2024, 8:13 pm

» Article - Create a Seed Library to Share the Extras
by OhioGardener 8/26/2024, 4:09 pm

» Best Tasting Parthenocarpic Cucumber?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 7:07 pm

» Winter Squash Arch
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 8:02 am

» Master Gardeners: Growing Your Own Blueberries
by OhioGardener 8/19/2024, 10:09 am

» Looking for a local source for transplants.... Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:26 am

» Hi, y'all. I'm new to everything in Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:21 am

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 8/14/2024, 5:47 pm

» Hi from N. Georgia
by AtlantaMarie 8/13/2024, 8:57 am

» Hello from Atlanta, Georgia
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:09 am

» growing tomatoes from seed outside
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:05 am

» 15-Minute Garlic Sautéed Eggplant
by Scorpio Rising 8/12/2024, 7:25 pm

» Downsizing Gardens for the Autumn of our lives
by Hollysmac 8/6/2024, 10:37 pm

» Golden Beets
by Scorpio Rising 8/6/2024, 7:03 pm

» Hi all!
by sanderson 8/6/2024, 12:56 am

» DIY Tomato Trellis for Birdie's Tall Raised beds
by sanderson 8/6/2024, 12:48 am

» Got zucchini? Toot your own horn!
by OhioGardener 8/5/2024, 9:17 am

» Compost not hot
by Aintyergrandpaschickenpoo 8/5/2024, 8:29 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by nrstooge 8/1/2024, 6:57 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

+91
sanderson
Marc Iverson
audrey.jeanne.roberts
plantoid
cheyannarach
gregrenee88
Triciasgarden
CapeCoddess
bnoles
CharlesB
southern gardener
greatgranny
llama momma
petals1973
MSJ
sherryeo
Kelejan
busygirl
pelujilla
dizzygardener
staf74
Odd Duck
Nonna.PapaVino
camprn
boog1
westie42
yosoypanadero
Wreanne05
Goosegirl
elliephant
Jay Bird
ashort
dixie
Old Hippie
CindiLou
Blackrose
Megan
walshevak
acara
Furbalsmom
middlemamma
BackyardBirdGardner
kimbertangleknot
FarmerValerie
Smartchick
Aussie Girl
jkdistad
eyeluv2garden
junequilt
Little Thumb
Ha-v-v
Weedless_
Shoda
Dunkinjean
dmpower
Josh
carolintexas
graceypt
herbarium
Kabaju42
trukrebew
alouwomack
Chopper
Dietryin
pattipan
SFGHQSTAFF
kiwirose
PB
johnfromfl
milaneyjane
ColoradoNatureGirl
scoobe
Retired Member 1
auntij
Sapp
LaFee
Amy in Idaho
argardener
SirTravers
Selandra
robbinscabin
ander217
chocolatepop
tessmick
martha
WardinWake
Lavender Debs
timwardell
boffer
jinx
happyfrog
95 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty Re: You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

Post  Megan 3/27/2011, 9:00 am

Thanks Ander, those are all great!
Megan
Megan

Female Posts : 3348

http://novasquarefootgardener.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty Re: You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

Post  FarmerValerie 3/27/2011, 9:01 am

Thanks everyone, I'm now in a peppy mood. I love John Denver, not much better in my book. We all love Arlo though, even go so far as to play Alice's Restaraunt evey Thanksgiving Day, kids think we have lost it......
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

Post  Goosegirl 3/27/2011, 9:03 am

ander217 wrote:"The Garden Song"

Woo Hoo! Another great song to drive Hubby crazy with! I am ashamed to say that I did not learn these songs as a gardening child. Dad and I were always singing Gordon Lightfoot songs instead. Still, singing in the garden can't be beat!

TC
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3424

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 3/27/2011, 9:08 am

Thanks again Ander, nothing like a lesson in "politics" and solving the worlds problems acording to Arlo. So let's all solve the worlds problems square by square, box by box..... Of course we could always do it Jimmie Buffets way too, if you don't know what I mean by that you are too young to find out.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  Megan 3/27/2011, 9:16 am

You know you're a square foot gardener when.... you wake up halfway looking forward to unloading a pickup truck full of snow-covered lumber for your SFG beds. Halfway looking forward to. Maybe in a couple hours... after a nap and some hot popovers.....
Megan
Megan

Female Posts : 3348

http://novasquarefootgardener.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty Died and went to Hippie Heaven!!!

Post  Old Hippie 3/27/2011, 11:19 am

Oh what a great way to wake up.........singing, gardening with Pete Seeger AND Arlo Guthrie, and my first cup of coffee. lol! Gotta go dig out my tie died skirt and hippie beads. For a while I wasn't sure if I had died and gone to Hippie Heaven or been caught in a time warp. I have to post that to my facebook page. In all my collection of Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie music I have never heard either of those before. And who besides Arlo could take a 2 1/2 minute song and make a 9 minute one out of it. Oh my goodness those take me back.

And the minute I heard the first line....inch by inch....row by row....I started wondering how we could change that for SFG. LOL!

Gwynn (once a hippie, always a hippie)
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Female Posts : 1156

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 3/27/2011, 11:35 am

So Gwenn, do tell, do you celebrate Thanksgiving Day by playing Alice's Restaraunt during dinner?
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 3/27/2011, 11:44 am

not necessarily during dinner.......but we do play it, A LOT. My husband can play it on the guitar as well, but neither of us have learned Arlo's monologue. LOL!

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When...

Post  Goosegirl 3/27/2011, 3:14 pm

Old Hippie wrote:not necessarily during dinner.......but we do play it, A LOT. My husband can play it on the guitar as well, but neither of us have learned Arlo's monologue. LOL!

Gwynn

No "27 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one"?

TC

PS - Searching for my tie-dyes!

Last edited by Goosegirl on 3/27/2011, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added post-script)
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 3/27/2011, 3:17 pm

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 262465 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 418730 lol! You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 641297 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 53366 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 889526

When our kids ask us what we got upon our return from our latest trip to town we reply "Nothing, we had to pay $50 and pick up the trash". When it's gardening time I tell them to go get the "Implements of distruction"....
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  milaneyjane 3/27/2011, 3:19 pm

You tell the kids to let your hubby know that your would LOVE a rainbarrel for Mother's Day, and tell them where he should go to get it Wink And suggest cattle panels as a second choice if they can't manage that.
milaneyjane
milaneyjane

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 3/27/2011, 3:20 pm

FarmerValerie wrote:You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 262465 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 418730 lol! You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 641297 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 53366 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 889526

When our kids ask us what we got upon our return from our latest trip to town we reply "Nothing, we had to pay $50 and pick up the trash". When it's gardening time I tell them to go get the "Implements of distruction"....

"It's a MOVEMENT!"

TC

PS - Are we going to have to start an 'Arlo' thread?!

Last edited by Goosegirl on 3/27/2011, 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bad speeeeeeling, then PS)
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 3/27/2011, 3:25 pm

OH, boy are we gonna be in trouble. I did start a music to garden by complete with lyrics of 2 songs.

You know you are a SFG when you no longer need your "Implements of Distruction" for growing. (shovels and rakes and implements of destruction)
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 3/27/2011, 3:27 pm

Goosegirl wrote:
FarmerValerie wrote:You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 262465 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 418730 lol! You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 641297 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 53366 You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 889526

"It's a MOVEMENT!"

TC

PS - Are we going to have to start an 'Arlo' thread?!

We are members of the SFG Movement! LOL! and yes, our tools are called also "implements of destruction." Yeahhhh, Arlo. I am all for an Arlo thread.

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty You know you're a SFG when

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 3/27/2011, 4:29 pm

.....when you salvage the pallets from the fencing parts delivery, and disassemble them to build another raised bed.
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1435

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 3/28/2011, 7:57 am

Okay, you guys have really gotten to me. You know you're an SFG'er when you wake up singing 'Homegrown Tomatoes' interspersed with choruses of 'Cheeseburger In Paradise' - no offense intended to any of you veggiesaurs, but as an equal-opportunity eater that coda 'I like mine with lettuce and tomato' is ringing in my ears!

TC

Last edited by Goosegirl on 3/28/2011, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling - it is still dark outside!)
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackrose 3/28/2011, 8:33 am

Your DH is telling you all about the new house his brother just bought, but you completely tuned him out after he mentioned all the bricks his brother is removing from around garden beds. All you're thinking about is "I wonder how many bricks there are and if he's willing to give them to me, because I could make a wicked SFG with those!".
Blackrose
Blackrose

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 3/28/2011, 9:06 am

or convert the brother into building his own sfg Very Happy

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4370

Back to top Go down

Post  ashort 3/28/2011, 9:50 am

Goosegirl wrote:Okay, you guys have really gotten to me. You know you're an SFG'er when you wake up singing 'Homegrown Tomatoes' interspersed with choruses of 'Cheeseburger In Paradise' - no offense intended to any of you veggiesaurs, but as an equal-opportunity eater that coda 'I like mine with lettuce and tomato' is ringing in my ears!

TC

Now if we could just grow some limes and agauva(sp?) to make some too-kill-ya...

~Blew out my flip-flop, stepped on a pop-top....
ashort
ashort

Male Posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 3/28/2011, 9:54 am

ashort wrote:
Goosegirl wrote:Okay, you guys have really gotten to me. You know you're an SFG'er when you wake up singing 'Homegrown Tomatoes' interspersed with choruses of 'Cheeseburger In Paradise' - no offense intended to any of you veggiesaurs, but as an equal-opportunity eater that coda 'I like mine with lettuce and tomato' is ringing in my ears!

TC

Now if we could just grow some limes and agauva(sp?) to make some too-kill-ya...

~Blew out my flip-flop, stepped on a pop-top....

I used to have a GORGEOUS agave, but I managed to kill it by overwatering - dang them desert plants! Guess I'll just have to stick to "Jose Cuervo, you are a friend of mine...."
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 Empty You know you're a SFG when

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 3/28/2011, 12:59 pm

Ashort, sure you can grow limes in Texas. I've been growing one for the past five years here in Western Oregon. Yes, it's in a pot, and, yes, we do bring it in to the sunroom every winter, but it's generous with fruits....for its size; besides, it looks great throughout the summer on the deck. Agava...another story. Aren't y'all close enough to Mexico to solve your liquid agava requirements rather easily? I remember seeing the blue agava fields in Mexico, and those suckers grow BIG. Don't think they'd fit in a SFG.
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1435

Back to top Go down

Post  Odd Duck 3/28/2011, 6:41 pm

ander217 wrote:"The Garden Song" is my favorite gardening song.

John Denver version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FkaN0HQgs&NR=1

"You know you're a SFG'er if"... you find yourself changing the words to the above song to "inch by inch, grid by grid".

You gotta love singing fruits and veggies! This brightened my day, thanks Ander!
Odd Duck

Female Posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  staf74 4/5/2011, 10:29 am

at the behest of FarmerVal and Goosegirl.....my contribution is as follows....

You know you are a SFG'nr when...

"you reach weaning point from container starts to Mel's Mix. The emotional bond formed becomes so great that you place them on your bedside table for their last night just to be close to them..."

Guilty as charged !
staf74
staf74

Male Posts : 544

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/5/2011, 10:36 am

Awesome. When you mentioned that you had them by your bed, I was like.... Shocked ...now, you know you can't pollenate flowers by sleeping with them? You're HUMAN!!

It completely slipped my mind that the comment needs to go in here....lol.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2710

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 4/5/2011, 10:43 am

BackyardBirdGardner wrote:Awesome. When you mentioned that you had them by your bed, I was like.... Shocked ...now, you know you can't pollenate flowers by sleeping with them? You're HUMAN!!

It completely slipped my mind that the comment needs to go in here....lol.

You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 262465 And YOU gave ME grief over my hemheroid comment???!!! BBG, you are SO warped. You Know You're a Square Foot Gardener When... - Page 8 262465 Ain't it fun?

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next