Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Today at 11:26 am

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Today at 11:19 am

» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker Today at 6:57 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Seedling Identification
by markqz Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 9:50 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie Yesterday at 1:13 am

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:49 am

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/15/2024, 9:26 am

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising 4/8/2024, 11:40 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by Turan 4/7/2024, 11:41 am

» Tomato Cages Redux
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/5/2024, 10:30 pm

» Testing Compost for Persistent Herbicide
by OhioGardener 4/5/2024, 4:08 pm

» SFG Journey: Table top garden bed.
by OhioGardener 4/4/2024, 2:58 pm

» Hey Y'all from 9B
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:24 pm

» Hi from San Diego's North County zone 10a
by sanderson 4/4/2024, 1:09 pm

» Long Time Square Foot Gardener
by Scorpio Rising 4/4/2024, 7:50 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by OhioGardener 4/1/2024, 6:05 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  RJARPCGP 10/25/2019, 10:02 pm

I hope these blackouts are just very temporary ones, otherwise, I'm going to suspect an Enron-like corruption, or if that wasn't all because of Enron, an early-2000s-like utility power crisis! Evil or Very Mad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_electricity_crisis#Involvement_of_Enron
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 10/25/2019, 10:15 pm

RJARPCGP wrote:I hope these blackouts are just very temporary ones, otherwise, I'm going to suspect an Enron-like corruption, or if it wasn't all because of Enron, an early-2000s-like utility power crisis! Evil or Very Mad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_electricity_crisis#Involvement_of_Enron
Corruption, greed, incompetence -- take your pick -- or maybe it's all 3. All I know is that we're gonna be out $700 for a generator we shouldn't need. Ya know how many seeds that would buy? get that pesky wabbi
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/25/2019, 10:19 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
RJARPCGP wrote:I hope these blackouts are just very temporary ones, otherwise, I'm going to suspect an Enron-like corruption, or if it wasn't all because of Enron, an early-2000s-like utility power crisis! Evil or Very Mad

Corruption, greed, incompetence -- take your pick -- or maybe it's all 3. All I know is that we're gonna be out $700 for a generator we shouldn't need. Ya know how many seeds that would buy? get that pesky wabbi
I wish I have $700! I need to redo my PC stuff, for goodness sakes! I almost can't get squat for $200-something. Evil or Very Mad
Then I would be beyond needing to worry about a money-shortage when building a Ryzen system! hyper
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/26/2019, 11:06 am

RJARPCGP wrote:I wish I have $700! I need to redo my PC stuff, for goodness sakes! I almost can't get squat for $200-something. Evil or Very Mad
Then I would be beyond needing to worry about a money-shortage when building a Ryzen system! hyper
I had to look up "Ryzen". Now I WANT ONE! Crybaby

This new wind storm is supposed to be the worst of the entire season. They're tossing out terms like "gale force" and even "hurricane force" winds. It's making me nervous for our trees and plants, and if a fire should start under these conditions, it could be a total disaster. hiding
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/26/2019, 1:47 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
RJARPCGP wrote:I wish I have $700! I need to redo my PC stuff, for goodness sakes! I almost can't get squat for $200-something. Evil or Very Mad
I had to look up "Ryzen". Now I WANT ONE! Crybaby

This new wind storm is supposed to be the worst of the entire season. They're tossing out terms like "gale force" and even "hurricane force" winds. It's making me nervous for our trees and plants, and if a fire should start under these conditions, it could be a total disaster. hiding
Vermont has a problem with trees too close to power lines! But I never heard of the utility companies orchestrating an early-2000s-California-like power crisis. A simple fix, is to cut back a ton of trees, FFS!

And the Ryzen series has been around since sometime in 2017, IIRC, after the FX series, which got a reputation for being meh, performance-wise which the first FX-series chips, unrelated to the the ones of the previous decade, (not to get confused with Athlon 64 FX of 2003-2006, which got a bad reputation for being majorly expensive!) came out in 2011, with the first refresh models, coming out in 2012, then it was from 2012 to 2017.
The AMD FX 4xxx-8xxx series from 2011 to 2017, was considered the processor-malaise-era for some people, but, in my eyes, it was because Intel had a malaise era, too, with Intel caught cheaping out in 2012 and 2013, with their "Ivy Bridge"-generation Core i series processors. The "Haswell"-generation processors were better, (2013-2015) but Intel still wanted a lot of $ just for 4-core-8-thread processors! The same for Intel's "Skylake"-generation processors! (2015-2016) (maybe 2017) Intel still wanted too much for 6-core-12-thread processors to be affordable to a lot of people!
I honestly feel like it wasn't until 2018, when AMD seemingly lit a fire under Intel's buttox, with their Ryzen series!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/27/2019, 12:52 am

Power's out, generator's on, wind's blowing. Gonna be a long, nervous night. hiding
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 10/27/2019, 9:21 am

Tropical Storm Olga dumped a little over 1.25" of much needed rain yesterday through last night. All of the raised beds, except the one with cold frame, are planted in cover crops and ready for winter, so the rain was most welcome.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4505

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/27/2019, 2:36 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Power's out, generator's on, wind's blowing. Gonna be a long, nervous night. hiding
No damage. The wind didn't blow nearly as hard as predicted, but the power is still off, and will be until at least tomorrow, with more wind coming on Tuesday.

PG&E's incompetence is already affecting CA's economy. Major companies are threatening to leave the state because of our "unstable power grid."  Evil or Very Mad  Small companies could face bankruptcy, if they're already hanging on by a thread, and then forced to close their doors for a couple of days every couple of weeks. Evil or Very Mad What about hourly employees, living from paycheck to paycheck. If they can't work, they don't get paid and can't feed their families. Evil or Very Mad Then there's the old people, sick people, and poor people who can't afford and don't know how to use a generator.  Evil or Very Mad Bob says it's like living in a 3rd world country. Evil or Very Mad Please forgive the rant, but I AM PI**ED! Evil or Very Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/27/2019, 5:24 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:Power's out, generator's on, wind's blowing. Gonna be a long, nervous night. hiding
No damage. The wind didn't blow nearly as hard as predicted, but the power is still off, and will be until at least tomorrow, with more wind coming on Tuesday.

PG&E's incompetence is already affecting CA's economy. Major companies are threatening to leave the state because of our "unstable power grid."  Evil or Very Mad  Small companies could face bankruptcy, if they're already hanging on by a thread, and then forced to close their doors for a couple of days every couple of weeks. Evil or Very Mad What about hourly employees, living from paycheck to paycheck. If they can't work, they don't get paid and can't feed their families. Evil or Very Mad Then there's the old people, sick people, and poor people who can't afford and don't know how to use a generator.  Evil or Very Mad  Bob says it's like living in a 3rd world country. Evil or Very Mad Please forgive the rant, but I AM PI**ED! Evil or Very Mad
Just watched the news and some of Northern CA did get those 80mph gusts. We just got lucky up here. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 43549
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 10/27/2019, 6:21 pm

You were lucky, from what I read of the wind forecasts.

Meanwhile, we're getting rather frigid, with nighttime/early morning temps the next couple of days forecast to be 8 - 15 F.  And it's still October!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/27/2019, 6:24 pm

donnainzone5 wrote:You were lucky, from what I read of the wind forecasts.
Except for the power outages. Now they're saying it could last until Wednesday! How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 671790
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/27/2019, 9:42 pm

Meanwhile, we're getting rather frigid, with nighttime/early morning temps the next couple of days forecast to be 8 - 15 F.  And it's still October!
Sounds like your region, turned into zone 3a or similar! Shocked Your October is completely un zone-5-like!
Albeit USDA zones, IIRC, define the average night-time low temps in the winter, usually January.
Normal if it were January, but, it's only October!

Now, your region is just like the norm for the dead-of-winter! Shocked
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 27 Empty Pretty day post-Olga

Post  LilBittyBean 10/27/2019, 11:04 pm

Today was beautiful and clear. Second day in a row of cleanup in the aftermath of TS Olga, which served us up some 60+ mph winds around 4am Saturday. We lost part of a fence, lost some roofing tiles, and spent hours collecting lots and lots of oak limbs. Plenty of those limbs landed on my SFG. Quite a few of my poor plants are squashed!
LilBittyBean
LilBittyBean

Female Posts : 95

http://www.southernplanteater.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/28/2019, 1:40 am

RJARPCGP wrote:

Sounds like your region, turned into zone 3a or similar! Shocked Your October is completely un zone-5-like!
Albeit USDA zones, IIRC, define the average night-time low temps in the winter, usually January.
Normal if it were January, but, it's only October!

Now, your region is just like the norm for the dead-of-winter! Shocked
If it actually was forecasted to drop to the zeroes! But even with +10s or +1s, (F) that's more like October in a zone 4a region or similar.
It will feel like living in a chunk of the Alberta province in Canada! Shocked
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 10/28/2019, 12:25 pm

In my part of Central Oregon, experienced gardeners generally select plants hardy to Zones 4-5.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/29/2019, 8:00 pm

countrynaturals wrote:

PG&E's incompetence is already affecting CA's economy. Major companies are threatening to leave the state because of our "unstable power grid."  Evil or Very Mad  Small companies could face bankruptcy, if they're already hanging on by a thread, and then forced to close their doors for a couple of days every couple of weeks. Evil or Very Mad What about hourly employees, living from paycheck to paycheck. If they can't work, they don't get paid and can't feed their families. Evil or Very Mad Then there's the old people, sick people, and poor people who can't afford and don't know how to use a generator.  Evil or Very Mad  Bob says it's like living in a 3rd world country. Evil or Very Mad Please forgive the rant, but I AM PI**ED! Evil or Very Mad
I can now hear many fire alarm control panels buzzing (with some, bleeping) now, with a "power trouble" being reported. Twisted Evil
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/30/2019, 12:06 am

YIKES! FIRST TIME EVER "EXTREME RED FLAG WARNING" FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! Santa Ana winds coming in at 11pm, tonight. Wind speeds up to 80mph. Supposed to go on all day, tomorrow, too. NOT GOOD! hiding
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/30/2019, 5:32 pm

Power's back on and our 10-day is good all the way through the first week in November. YEE-HAH! happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/30/2019, 7:21 pm

Both in southern California and Vermont, they are required to trim many trees! Evil or Very Mad
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 10/30/2019, 10:11 pm

Cold and wet here, but business as usual.  

Prayers for you guys getting the fires..and aftermath.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8703

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 11/1/2019, 3:08 pm

We got another 1.5" of rain yesterday, and the weather service says that the drought is now officially over for this year.  It got down to 25ºF last night, so any annuals that were still out are done for the year. Planning next year's garden now...

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 11/4/2019, 4:03 am

Bitty Bean, I'm so sorry for your damage. Sad

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21531

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 11/4/2019, 10:14 am

OhioGardener wrote: Planning next year's garden now...
Aren't we always? Razz
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 11/6/2019, 11:00 am

Weather's set to hold all the way 'til the middle of the month. cheers  (After that it will be time to start getting concerned about our lack of rain. bounce )
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 11/6/2019, 7:19 pm

This is our weather headline for tonight through the weekend:  "Arctic blast to bring 'major cold air' to Midwest, Northeast, setting up 'measurable snow' chances."

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next