Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Senseless Banter... - Page 23 Toplef10Senseless Banter... - Page 23 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 I22gcj10Senseless Banter... - Page 23 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Senseless Banter... - Page 23 Toplef10Senseless Banter... - Page 23 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 I22gcj10Senseless Banter... - Page 23 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 9/5/2024, 6:37 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 9/5/2024, 2:01 pm

» adding compost yearly
by sanderson 9/5/2024, 2:16 am

» N & C Midwest: September 2024
by Scorpio Rising 9/4/2024, 9:30 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 9/2/2024, 3:10 pm

» N & C Midwest: August 2024
by OhioGardener 8/31/2024, 8:13 pm

» Spinning Compost Bin-need some ideas
by middlemamma 8/30/2024, 2:04 am

» Article - Create a Seed Library to Share the Extras
by OhioGardener 8/26/2024, 4:09 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 8/23/2024, 8:13 pm

» Best Tasting Parthenocarpic Cucumber?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 7:07 pm

» Pest Damage
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 11:24 am

» Winter Squash Arch
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 8:02 am

» Master Gardeners: Growing Your Own Blueberries
by OhioGardener 8/19/2024, 10:09 am

» Looking for a local source for transplants.... Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:26 am

» Hi, y'all. I'm new to everything in Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:21 am

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 8/14/2024, 5:47 pm

» Hi from N. Georgia
by AtlantaMarie 8/13/2024, 8:57 am

» Hello from Atlanta, Georgia
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:09 am

» growing tomatoes from seed outside
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:05 am

» 15-Minute Garlic Sautéed Eggplant
by Scorpio Rising 8/12/2024, 7:25 pm

» Downsizing Gardens for the Autumn of our lives
by Hollysmac 8/6/2024, 10:37 pm

» Golden Beets
by Scorpio Rising 8/6/2024, 7:03 pm

» Hi all!
by sanderson 8/6/2024, 12:56 am

» DIY Tomato Trellis for Birdie's Tall Raised beds
by sanderson 8/6/2024, 12:48 am

» Got zucchini? Toot your own horn!
by OhioGardener 8/5/2024, 9:17 am

» Compost not hot
by Aintyergrandpaschickenpoo 8/5/2024, 8:29 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by nrstooge 8/1/2024, 6:57 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:38 pm

» Vertical Zucchini
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:34 pm

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Senseless Banter...

+87
levans313
mschaef
TexasTracy
Dunkinjean
Josh
sanderson
Pepper
bnoles
Lillyz
Windmere
jazzycat
brainchasm
audrey.jeanne.roberts
JackieB999
has55
yolos
CapeCoddess
songstriss
donnainzone5
greatgranny
gregrenee88
jfkelly001
Yus
jillintx
memart1
crs
darci.strutt
westie
Turan
Triciasgarden
CindiLou
hruten
cheyannarach
Daniel9999
Nonna.PapaVino
JennAndCompany
SwampCatNana
ericam
brenda g
KDeus
AvaDGardner
givvmistamps
boog1
FamilyGardening
GWN
curio
Windsor.Parker
floyd1440
Too Tall Tomatoes
shannon1
Kate888
EatYourVeggies
wncsohn
minervalong
AranMC
littlesapphire
UnderTheBlackWalnut
januaryX
SQFTBIX
herbarium
gwennifer
LittleGardener
genes
Ha-v-v
sherryeo
Chopper
jkahn2eb
dixie
Lindacol
ashort
Kelejan
Wapner
Goosegirl
madnicmom
Luci Dawson
BackyardBirdGardner
Furbalsmom
plantoid
southern gardener
martha
camprn
boffer
WardinWake
newstart
walshevak
llama momma
RoOsTeR
91 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 Empty Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Turan 5/27/2012, 3:17 pm

SwampCatNana wrote:Finally, good news! I was assigned my community garden plot yesterday! I've been waiting for it since last spring.
Did a lot of haggling because I had been skipped over early this spring; and practically had to threaten them to get a plot.
I'll have a BIG project just clearing it. Seems no one has worked it in years! I have weeds almost waist high, found there were strawberry(bearing berries) plants under some of that foliage! Trying to clear at least that area so the plants can breathe.
There are so many stones and pieces of brick, well, mostly full and half bricks, I may have to screen the soil before I can work it.
Then they tell me some inspectors will be coming by on June 23rd! "Will you be able to get something planted by then?" AARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Well, back to work. Want to at least get the berry plants uncovered and the perimeter determined. Wish me luck.
Lee

At least you will have the strawberrys and hte weeds knocked down. And much much more if time allows. Wishing you luck!
Save the bricks they can come in very handy. Too bad they did not let you have it last fall so you could prep the bed , seeing as no one else was using it. O welllllllll........

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2618

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 5/28/2012, 9:07 am

BUGS and another 90 degree day Shocked it's not even June and I'm a little tired of them both already. Got bit by a little red ant and noticed it drew trickling blood down my wrist. That never happened before. I must be allergic as there is quite an itchy welt from it this morning. What's with the gnats, so many of them this morning biting my already itchy poisoned ivy ears. Lets just top this off with the two biggest mosquito bites on my back end too. Veggie and flower beds watered and burlap covered. Not a fun morning at least I'm done outdoors. Going to think of those who really suffered on this Memorial Day. But I'm definitely staying inside. Senseless Banter... - Page 23 3170584802
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4914

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampCatNana 5/28/2012, 11:39 am

Turan wrote:
SwampCatNana wrote:Finally, good news! I was assigned my community garden plot yesterday! I've been waiting for it since last spring.
Did a lot of haggling because I had been skipped over early this spring; and practically had to threaten them to get a plot.
I'll have a BIG project just clearing it. Seems no one has worked it in years! I have weeds almost waist high, found there were strawberry(bearing berries) plants under some of that foliage! Trying to clear at least that area so the plants can breathe.
There are so many stones and pieces of brick, well, mostly full and half bricks, I may have to screen the soil before I can work it.
Then they tell me some inspectors will be coming by on June 23rd! "Will you be able to get something planted by then?" AARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Well, back to work. Want to at least get the berry plants uncovered and the perimeter determined. Wish me luck.
Lee

At least you will have the strawberrys and hte weeds knocked down. And much much more if time allows. Wishing you luck!
Save the bricks they can come in very handy. Too bad they did not let you have it last fall so you could prep the bed , seeing as no one else was using it. O welllllllll........

UPDATE: Went back in the afternoon and the bricks were gone. At least they were kind enough to leave me the half bricks and pieces! Evil or Very Mad
Sent email to garden coordinator --- she is not happy about it either!
Lee

SwampCatNana wrote:
Turan wrote:
Lee

UPDATE: Went back in the afternoon and the bricks were gone. At least they were kind enough to leave me the half bricks and pieces! Evil or Very Mad

llama momma - bites on your butt? How did they get there? :scratch: lol!
Lee
SwampCatNana
SwampCatNana

Female Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 5/28/2012, 11:45 am

SwampCatNana wrote:
SwampCatNana wrote:
Turan wrote:
Lee

llama momma - bites on your butt? How did they get there? :scratch: lol!
Lee

SwampcatN -- they didn't have the nerve to come around the front of me so they went around the back and went right through my thin worn out shorts! Ouch!
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampCatNana 5/28/2012, 11:59 am

llama momma -
SwampcatN -- they didn't have the nerve to come around the front of me so they went around the back and went right through my thin worn out shorts! Ouch!
funny post

happy hi
SwampCatNana
SwampCatNana

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampCatNana 5/28/2012, 1:22 pm

llama momma - here's a solution for those thin shorts!

"Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away." hyper

Make sure it's a BACK pocket! okay

Read more: http://www.aimlessdirection.com/2008/17-tips-to-make-your-life-easier/#ixzz1wBZZ5q4o
Lee
SwampCatNana
SwampCatNana

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 5/28/2012, 2:30 pm

I will have to try that because the mosquitos are active when the sun comes up and I'm out there trying to beat the heat.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampCatNana 5/28/2012, 4:42 pm

llama momma wrote:I will have to try that because the mosquitos are active when the sun comes up and I'm out there trying to beat the heat.

I would "rough it up" a bit before putting in my pocket.
SwampCatNana
SwampCatNana

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 5/29/2012, 9:32 pm

Good by to a man who ALWAYS made me smile! Thanks for the great music Doc! Farewell!

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14134

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 5/31/2012, 8:06 pm

They are getting so BIG!

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  westie 5/31/2012, 8:18 pm

Very cute Eagle post camprn. I live just a half hour south of there and have visited the Trout Hatchery where the cam has been many times. Curiously don’t Eagles have such strong sibling rivalry that only one chick usually survives. Looks like they will soon be out of the nest.
westie
westie

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 5/31/2012, 8:39 pm

Holy mackerel they have gotten BIG
I keep meaning to check up on them, but have just been so busy lately I keep forgetting. Thanks for the update camp Senseless Banter... - Page 23 3170584802

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 Empty ER's and full moons

Post  boog1 6/5/2012, 1:11 pm

So the wifee had at take her dad to the er last night they were put on a waiting list 35 people long. Shocked Shocked 7 hours later they got to see a nurse. He'll live, so fair warning avoid er's during the full moon phase Wink
boog1
boog1

Male Posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/5/2012, 7:03 pm

LOL, Boog!

today's senseless banter... The Venus transit 6/5/12. There wont be another for 105 years.
http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/venus_transit/index.html

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/7/2012, 10:58 pm

We have another skunk...My wife just went out and saw one just laying there with one of the cats eating one of our chickens eggs. I heard my wife outside yelling and spooking off the skunk before I could figure out what was going on. Evil or Very Mad

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 6/7/2012, 11:28 pm

Your cat's a friend of the local skunk? Never heard of such. Last Saturday, we had our own adventure with a skunk. PapaVino has been using a live trap to attempt to catch the squirrel who's been doing damage in the woodshed. Our neighbor dog, who often comes up to visit while her folks are at work, was barking her fool head off at the woodshed. I went to investigate, and saw PapaV had caught a skunk. Nikia (dog) started toward it and it stomped and sprayed....all over the wood piled on the side of the woodshed. Fortunately, neither Nikia or I got hit, but our house/yard as of today still has an odor of Pepe le Pew. Ah, the joys of living in the country, what?
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1435

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindacol 6/7/2012, 11:40 pm

You guys will appreciate this. We have a dumpster instead of trash cans. Trash cans blow away and all the neighborhood dogs get into them.

Anyway. the day before pickup, yesterday, as usual I finish filling it up by cleaning the goat pens (manure). I have way too much for me to use and can't find people who want to come get it. This morning, it is half empty. Someone took it out of the dumpster. I don't mind - they can have all they want. But I have to lift it into the dumpster by hand and it sure would be easier to fill containers and hand it to them.
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/8/2012, 8:49 am

Lindacol wrote:You guys will appreciate this. We have a dumpster instead of trash cans. Trash cans blow away and all the neighborhood dogs get into them.

Anyway. the day before pickup, yesterday, as usual I finish filling it up by cleaning the goat pens (manure). I have way too much for me to use and can't find people who want to come get it. This morning, it is half empty. Someone took it out of the dumpster. I don't mind - they can have all they want. But I have to lift it into the dumpster by hand and it sure would be easier to fill containers and hand it to them.

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 889526 Senseless Banter... - Page 23 889526 Senseless Banter... - Page 23 889526

Put out a sign: Leave empty containers for goat poo - no questions asked!

You could even put some rocks out there with a sign: Weights for empty containers!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3424

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/9/2012, 1:19 pm

*SIGH* We are so incredibly dry here along the front range in Colorado. Even the high country is dry and way down on snow pack. This is an arid environment, but I haven't seen things this dry in probably 10 years. And now we have another wildfire kicking up along the foothills...

http://kdvr.com/2012/06/09/new-wildfire-burning-in-larimer-county/

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 6/9/2012, 2:09 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:*SIGH* We are so incredibly dry here along the front range in Colorado. Even the high country is dry and way down on snow pack. This is an arid environment, but I haven't seen things this dry in probably 10 years. And now we have another wildfire kicking up along the foothills...

[url=http://kdvr.com/2012/06/09/new-wildfire-burning-in-larimer-county/
http://kdvr.com/2012/06/09/new-wildfire-burning-in-larimer-county/[/quote[/url]]

That stinks, I'll wish some rains your way!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/9/2012, 2:24 pm

Thanks! But don't wish all your rain away though. I need you guys in SD to get good rains also. I'm banking on your rains right now for the hay we're going to have to get from up there this year. Our first cutting of alfalfa was yesterday and it's truly pathetic. We'll be lucky to get another...

Just now:

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 IMG_20120609_121716

you can see smoke from the fire in the background. Evil or Very Mad

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 6/9/2012, 2:32 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:

Thanks! But don't wish all your rain away though. I need you guys in SD to get good rains also. I'm banking on your rains right now for the hay we're going to have to get from up there this year. Our first cutting of alfalfa was yesterday and it's truly pathetic. We'll be lucky to get another...

Just now:

you can see smoke from the fire in the background. Evil or Very Mad

Don't worry, I'm not that generous, haha, I love the rain, it seems every time it rains everything shoots up several inches (Senseless Banter... - Page 23 3170584802 heres to hoping all the moisture they got from the hail will shoot everything up too,lol). I know all about those fires and we have been lucky for quite awile, hope they can quickly contain it!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2035

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/10/2012, 8:19 am

So yesterday when I posted this:

The fire was only about 50 acres.

Here is about the same view this morning:

Senseless Banter... - Page 23 IMG_20120610_061240

The fire has gotten really bad. The winds keep shifting and not helping matters much. The smoke is really bad around here this morning.

http://kdvr.com/2012/06/09/new-wildfire-burning-in-larimer-county/

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/10/2012, 8:22 am

Shocked well, crap, crap, crap! I hope no one in the family is asthmatic... Is it coming your way? Hang in there Brother!

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/10/2012, 9:12 am

No asthma thank goodness! They are saying this morning the fire is over 5000 acres...and it's windy Evil or Very Mad

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next