Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Peat Pots and Peat Pellets
by GreenScienx_Sug Today at 5:50 am

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Scorpio Rising 6/2/2020, 6:32 pm

Hot here.  Kinda windy, overall nice but more summery than the month calls for!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8682

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  RJARPCGP 7/23/2020, 8:40 pm

About 15 minutes ago, had a blaze-colored sky! Then I decided to check the current weather data and found out about a good-sized T-storm that's expected to miss us to the southeast.
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post  dalepres 7/25/2020, 1:13 am

It is HOT.  We've had the driest June, and are on track for the driest July, on record.  We've been well over 100 degrees real temperature most days for the past 3 weeks.  I can only get a couple hours outside in the early morning or late evening.

I don't know of there's science to it or not but my observations are that the very hottest summers seem to be followed by the very coldest winters so I'm expecting a cold winter, too.
dalepres
dalepres

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/25/2020, 11:30 am

We are enjoying some mild July weather right now. After 3 days of rain, which left 3.25" of water, the temps have cooled down for a while. To be back up in the mid-90's by Monday, though.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4460

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/25/2020, 12:23 pm

Dry and warm here, we have entered a drought according to the Ag world.  We did have one good rain, but it’s very spotty; nothing widespread.  

It has been a good year to be in quarantine and have an in-ground pool however!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/16/2020, 6:20 am

It's August.  What else did I expect?  Fresno is in the center, the "boot" shaped county. No, not global warming, just a normal, miserable heat wave.
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 Drough30

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21487

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/16/2020, 9:48 am

Saw that on the news this morning, Sanderson. Meanwhile here in the Midwest we have a cold front moving in, and fall is in the air.  The summer vegetable plants are starting to show their tiredness, and some of the of the beds are getting ready for fall planting.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4460

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/17/2020, 8:15 pm

Yes, a cooling off a bit here...80ish all week highs.  60s at night.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 8/21/2020, 1:26 pm

The last two days resembled late-September, if not October!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/21/2020, 1:48 pm

Let's see.  thinking  Air quality in the Red Zone, temps in the low 100s, smoky, visibility 1.5 miles, but a good UV Index of only 3.

PS: Ignore the weather monitor - it's been screwy for a while.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 38 Empty How's the weather ?

Post  plantoid 8/21/2020, 7:20 pm

Here in the UK especially in South Wales  it is atrocious we have SSW's coming in from the Bay of Biscay being pushed to the European coasts  by the tail end of your USA storms of five days ago. 
Four inches of stair rod rain hit us in a few hours .. . Its managed to blast its way under the garage's electric roller door that has a soft rubber seal on the bottom .  It's the first time I know of that this has happened in 15 years . 

All three of my climbing bean tripods , which are sunk 20 inches into the soil and only five feet above the soil have been bent over & collapsed by the storms in the last few days .   They've came up erect when assisted by me.   To solve the problem I've had to put a seven foot stake of 1 & 1/4 " dia. thick walled aluminium tube  inside the tripods , getting it down some 24 inches deep & zip tying one leg of the tripods to these strengthening stakes .

Alison's Bonsai suffered a few hits of smashed pots when small  potted up trees got blown off the plant staging rack . 

Temperature wise it feels like mid October , happily the weathermen say it's going to get a bit warmer & less windy ... hope so , as we must have 30 or more pounds of 2.5 inch dia plus very green tomatoes and 10 or more of semi ripe yellow & red cherry tomatoes in the glasshouse , plus twenty or so outdoor plants out in the front flowerbeds that have barley coloured up from green .

Luckily the grape vines have still managed to hold onto the black grapes out on the front bungalow wall , they've lost a few leaves but not quite enough to give the grapes enough ripening sunshine .. so it looks like tomorrow I'll be leaf picking for a few hours in between showers . .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/22/2020, 6:18 am

My goodness, Plantoid. I hope your weather smooths out for you.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 8/22/2020, 7:50 am

GoodNESS!

Here it's cloudy mixed with thunderstorms. Temps have cooled down quite a bit, thankfully. Those of us with asthma & breathing issues are struggling with the humidity even with the cool down, but it's better.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 8/23/2020, 3:03 pm

Today has been a lot less windy only a couple of very very light showers , managed to get a lot of weeding done , feed the glasshouse toms and cleaned up a lot of fallen acorns & oak leaves dropped by the storms .  I even managed to cut both dry lawns before it started spitting rain and then give both lawns a treatment of feed & weed granules .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/25/2020, 10:56 am

plantoid wrote:Today has been a lot less windy only a couple of very very light showers , managed to get a lot of weeding done , feed the glasshouse toms and cleaned up a lot of fallen acorns & oak leaves dropped by the storms .  I even managed to cut both dry lawns before it started spitting rain and then give both lawns a treatment of feed & weed granules .
That’s good news, plantoid!  You needed a break!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 8/25/2020, 5:09 pm

T.C. Laura! No

Laura was the name of my home economics teacher!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 10/21/2020, 6:44 pm

Warning, unusual brutal cold spell ahead for Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin! affraid

Record lows highly likely!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 11/4/2020, 3:47 pm

Nice Fall weather, but still poor air quality from the Creek Fire. I've started to long process of washing the ash off of plants and trees with Dr. Bronner's Liquid peppermint soap, and washing down the house with Dawn.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 11/19/2020, 6:09 am

Gorgeous!  Quite chilly in the morning - around freezing.  Not a cloud in the sky the last 2 days.  Nice & breezy.  Was very comfortable in the afternoons.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 11/19/2020, 7:49 am

Was a tad windy two days ago here in the UK ,  pleased it blew the remaining leaves & acorns off the big oaks at the end of our property . A few years ago I thought we'd had a record amount of acorns .
 Well this year has exceeded even that , so far I've filled three 20 kg dog feed sacks with acorns & still have loads more to remove . 

Today it's a cool damp slightly chilly 7 oC , with the prospect of many short sharp cold rain showers and the possibility of an air frost tonight .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 11/19/2020, 8:01 pm

Welcome to "Novemberuary" 19, 2020! pale
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 11/19/2020, 11:17 pm

RJARPCGP wrote:Welcome to "Novemberuary" 19, 2020! pale
I love this!!!!!!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 11/21/2020, 8:01 pm

Not SFG, but the tulip bulbs I'd ordered months ago arrived a week ago.  The ground is frozen solid.  I'm trying to figure out whether and how they can be salvaged.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 11/23/2020, 5:38 pm

donnainzone5 wrote:Not SFG, but the tulip bulbs I'd ordered months ago arrived a week ago.  The ground is frozen solid.  I'm trying to figure out whether and how they can be salvaged.
 Can you  cover the ground where you want them to go with three or more layers of thick cardboard or a tarp lifted off th ground on quart sized  soda bottle stand off's the get an air layer warmed by the deeper ground's heat and or the sun for a couple of days to get it thawed enough for planting ?
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 12/3/2020, 8:51 pm

We still got more mild weather ahead. It doesn't look like it will be cold like December, 2017 was! That was a super cold December!

Even with snow in the forecast, but snow, especially wet snow, means the opposite of a super cold December, means the temps are borderline.

Looks like 2-to-4 inches of snow in some days from now.
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next