Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  olivia.walter 5/9/2020, 7:40 am

The frost cover blew off at some point (no bueno!), but everything looks good after this mornings 30 degrees! Shocked
olivia.walter
olivia.walter

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  OhioGardener 5/9/2020, 8:11 am

It was 24°F this morning when I got up, just a little lower than the 27°F that was predicted. All of the vegetables in the beds look good so far with the sun warming them up already,.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4534

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 5/9/2020, 8:24 am

Frost Update.
Temp got down to 35* F with no frost that I can see so far. Worked all afternoon yesterday to get everything covered. Going out in the beautiful sunshine this morning and uncover everything and give them a breath of fresh air.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Img_0310

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Img_0311
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/9/2020, 8:29 am

Glad you didn't get down to as cold as we did, Mr B!  Your plants should all do well after the sun warms them up a little.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 5/9/2020, 8:46 am

OhioGardener wrote:Glad you didn't get down to as cold as we did, Mr B!  Your plants should all do well after the sun warms them up a little.
It's up to 38 degrees now with sunshine. Just having coffee now and letting the sun warm everything up a bit then I'll uncover them. I'm sure they're gasping for air.

I didn't cover the Cabbage, Broccoli and cauliflower and haven't check on them yet but I'd say they are ok.
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/9/2020, 5:23 pm

Today's headline...
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 37 Select14

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/12/2020, 5:22 am

Uh, we had 3 days in the high 90's. Shocked The plants were a little stressed, and so was I. The red potatoes, which were blooming, look like they took a hit. I usually don't put up the overhead shade cloth until June, so I'm hoping it stays in the 80's and low 90's for the next few weeks.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/12/2020, 7:18 am

29*F here this morning.  Had to go to work, so opened up the cold frame and removed the sheet from the lettuces...heavy frost everywhere.  Crazy!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8728

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/12/2020, 8:56 am

Supposed to have frost again tonight, and then returning to seasonal weather. So, the tomatoes will be going into the garden on Friday evening. Then a week later the peppers will be going in the garden. Already harvesting kale, chard, spinach, radishes, and lettuce, so it will be nice seeing the tomatoes growing. Very Happy

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/19/2020, 2:08 pm

Two and a half inches of rain so far today, but it is still raining. The plants that were lucky enough to get transplanted into the beds are growing like mad with the warm muggy weather we have been having. The only plants currently under the lights, and waiting to be transplanted are the peppers, and they can wait another week or two without any problems. Then, the first of June I will be starting the cucumber and squash seeds under lights.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/19/2020, 6:09 pm

Wet, I would need a boat to get back there to my legacy beds....water everywhere.  Still raining!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/19/2020, 7:43 pm

Lots of heat coming my way this week with temps in the high 20s Celsius (low to mid 80s F). It's planting time.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily49 5/20/2020, 11:05 am

It's been nuts!  Mother's Day frost and snow, this past weekend 83 deg (shorts) today back in pants and a sweatshirt.
Emily49
Emily49

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/26/2020, 7:56 pm

Summer has hit in full force!  Yesterday, and the day before, it was 87°F, with 85% humidity. Today it decided to top that out at 91°F, with 60% humidity. We were supposed to get a cold front come through with thunderstorms, but it all went north of us. The tomato transplants were a little wilted this evening, and when I checked the soil there was very little moisture to the dept of my index finger. Had to water everything, including the bean seeds that I put in this past weekend. We went from daily rain and cool weather to no rain and hot weather in a matter of days.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  lvanderb 5/26/2020, 9:43 pm

Yes, it got to 33C or 91F here in southwestern Ontario too today. Cooling off this weekend, where, of course, I will get concerned about my tomatoes - 4C is a bit too close to freezing for me. I'll probably cover my jugs...sigh... first it's too hot to plant things, then it will be too cool, lol.
lvanderb
lvanderb

Female Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/27/2020, 2:25 pm

Here in Ottawa, Ontario we are at 34C (91.4F) and it feels like 40C (104F) humidex.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/27/2020, 2:57 pm

Triple digits! Expected 108*F today with 25% humidity. The overhead sun shades went up Monday evening.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 5/27/2020, 3:50 pm

sanderson wrote:Triple digits! Expected 108*F today with 25% humidity.  The overhead sun shades went up Monday evening.
I like it hot but not that hot.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/27/2020, 6:44 pm

Hahaha!  That is HOT!

Here, hot and getting wetter...I have harvested spinach.  That hasn’t happened for years.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 5/28/2020, 5:15 pm

T'was hot today , this early a.m. it was overcast & slightly misty but by 10.00 hrs that had burnt away .   14.00 to 15.30 far to hot for me to play about outside .
 It maxed out at locally @ 24 oC ( 75.2 ) with 18 % humidity & very little breeze , I suspect that in our suntrap garden it was considerably higher  .  Even Alison ....well renound as the sun baby decided it was too hot to do her Bonsai outside .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/28/2020, 6:01 pm

plantoid wrote: It maxed out at locally @ 24 oC ( 75.2 ) with 18 % humidity & very little breeze

In the 2.5 years I was stationed near Oxford, I don't remember humidity ever getting that low.  Shocked

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/28/2020, 11:02 pm

Humid and warm here...not bad.  Gonna get a cold front/cool down which is basically more normal.  76 now, but weekend calls for 60s...
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 5/29/2020, 3:18 pm

Hot ................................ 82 o F in the shade 97 oF where Alison was sitting in the sun doing her bonsai .

I hid away in my insulated mancupboard and turned up some things  so I can turn ballpoint pen bodies up on my metal work  lathe and make some pens for  presents .

I happened to have been given an off cut of olive wood , just enough to make the top half of a pen , it looks fantastic . I had to make the bottom half out of English ash  . 

Alison liked it , Alison claimed it …….. I wonder if she will enjoy the hand made ball pen and propelling pencil in olive wood I'm going to make for her birthday in June .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 5/30/2020, 3:14 pm

Even hotter today 84 oF in the shade of a north facing wall . 88 oF in my well insulated mancupboard . I had to give up and take a siesta after showering at 15.10 … resurfaced at 18.00 hs refreshed and told , " Boy did you snore like a pig or what ". 

I said , "I dunno .......I was asleep  "

Alison recorded 998 oF in full sun at 12.30 hrs , even though there was a decent breeze to move the air about . 

Our TV news says this spring has been the driest & sunniest on record .  Farmers have had to cut grass for silage a month early as the cattle didn't want to eat it due to the low sugar content .  

This leaves the farmers with about seven days of suitable grass to feed the stock , then they will start consuming the silage & maize crops .    Rain might come to the rescue & arrive in five or six days time but I won't be holding my breath .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/2/2020, 3:23 pm

It's even hotter today , real wallflower wilting heat  the dog has taken to staying indoors laid on the hard carbonised bamboo wood kitchen floor to try and keep cool or laying on the concrete yard under the caravan .

He's going for a gentle paddle/swim tomorrow in a cool Welsh mountain stream .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next