Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Today at 3:09 am

» N & C Midwest: October 2024
by OhioGardener 10/16/2024, 6:18 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 10/11/2024, 5:31 pm

» Confirm what this is
by sanderson 10/11/2024, 2:51 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 10/10/2024, 5:47 pm

» Harlequin Beetles?
by sanderson 10/7/2024, 3:08 pm

» Preserving A Bumper Tomato Harvest with Freezing vs Canning
by sanderson 10/7/2024, 3:05 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 10/6/2024, 4:20 pm

» Greetings from Southeastern Wisconsin
by OhioGardener 10/6/2024, 12:05 pm

» N & C Midwest: September 2024
by OhioGardener 9/30/2024, 4:13 pm

» The SFG Journey-Biowash
by OhioGardener 9/29/2024, 8:33 am

» Fall is For Garlic Planting
by Scorpio Rising 9/28/2024, 12:19 am

» source for chemical-free lanscape fabric
by Woodsong 9/19/2024, 10:51 am

» Hurricane
by sanderson 9/14/2024, 5:42 pm

» Spinning Compost Bin-need some ideas
by sanderson 9/12/2024, 2:09 am

» Old Mulch and Closing Beds for Winter
by Scorpio Rising 9/11/2024, 8:23 pm

» Pest Damage
by WBIowa 9/8/2024, 2:48 pm

» cabbage moth?
by jemm 9/8/2024, 9:15 am

» adding compost yearly
by sanderson 9/5/2024, 2:16 am

» N & C Midwest: August 2024
by OhioGardener 8/31/2024, 8:13 pm

» Article - Create a Seed Library to Share the Extras
by OhioGardener 8/26/2024, 4:09 pm

» Best Tasting Parthenocarpic Cucumber?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 7:07 pm

» Winter Squash Arch
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 8:02 am

» Master Gardeners: Growing Your Own Blueberries
by OhioGardener 8/19/2024, 10:09 am

» Looking for a local source for transplants.... Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:26 am

» Hi, y'all. I'm new to everything in Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:21 am

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 8/14/2024, 5:47 pm

» Hi from N. Georgia
by AtlantaMarie 8/13/2024, 8:57 am

» Hello from Atlanta, Georgia
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:09 am

» growing tomatoes from seed outside
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:05 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+64
CapeCoddess
suseine
DorothyG
OhioGardener
Dunkinjean
ispinwool
Windsor.Parker
BlackjackWidow
farmersgranddaughter
Ellen62
meatburner
SQWIB
yolos
Turan
aliceingardenland
countrynaturals
Scorpio Rising
sanderson
plantoid
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
BeetlesPerSqFt
LizDTM
stealthmayhem
ColleenW
brianj555
dixie
bigdogrock
VJ72584
No_Such_Reality
Greenbeard
citizenz
SwampTroll
Fiz
hammock gal
Mimi2
greatgranny
walshevak
Robbomb116
donnainzone5
camprn
Judy McConnell
GloriaG
RC3291
AlwaysHotinFL
Banned Member
GWN
Mellen
dstack
Ginger Blue
herblover
MrBooker
newbeone
reynajrainwater
AtlantaMarie
Cajun Cappy
CitizenKate
audrey.jeanne.roberts
kauairosina
trolleydriver
momvet
NAR56
Kelejan
llama momma
68 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  trolleydriver 7/19/2017, 5:00 pm

We are having some SFG beets with our evening meal. Photos are in the Third Year SFG in Canada thread.

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t21190p400-third-year-sfg-in-canada#270119

I've also been eating Snow and Sugar Snap Peas.  They never make it into the house. Mrs TD does not mind since she is not all that keen on veggies from the garden.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5388

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Fiz 7/20/2017, 8:33 pm

trolleydriver wrote:Mrs TD does not mind since she is not all that keen on veggies from the garden.

Why is that, you figure? I feel like my wife is the same way but not sure yet, lol. Sometimes I think she's just humoring me. Laughing
Fiz
Fiz

Male Posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 7/20/2017, 8:51 pm

Fiz wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:Mrs TD does not mind since she is not all that keen on veggies from the garden.

Why is that, you figure? I feel like my wife is the same way but not sure yet, lol. Sometimes I think she's just humoring me. Laughing
A few reasons.

1. She has trouble digesting greens.

2. She sees my veggie gardening as being just my hobby rather than something to put food on the table. 

3. The veggie garden produces too much at one time. She does not want to spend time with the excess so it's up to me to do the canning and prep for long term storage.

In fairness she does like the strawberries, tomatoes, peppers and yellow wax bush beans. But things like kale, chard, lettuce, peas, kohlrabi, pak choi, garlic, etc. she can do without.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5388

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 7/20/2017, 10:13 pm

Found a cucumber in the BTE. Yummy! Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5697

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 7/21/2017, 6:47 am

Robbomb116 wrote:Sliced these babies in half and grilled them.  I thought they were really good, wife thought they were kinda bland. Neither of us have had eggplant much.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 20170752

If you grow the egg plants ( aubergines) to  about four inches or longer  you can make a very nice starter course or light lunch with them .

Simply slice to 3/8 thick  ( 10 mm ) from top to tail , soak in strong brine for 10 min , dry on a kitchen towel .
 Meanwhile beat up a couple of eggs season with a couple of twists of black pepper 7 a pinch of salt. dip the dried slices in the beaten egg and then trail the egg wet slices into a plate of seasoned flour  one spoon of plain flour one spoon of corn flour . Now fry them in a little butter  getting each side golden brown .
Three slices is plenty for each person .

To turn this into a decent sized lunch , add two thin slices of beefsteak toms sprinkled with a little salt , a slice or two of ham & a few chunks of feta or any other light cheese.

I have had theses for breakfast too , but they were spread with a little honey or a proper marmalade that has bits of thin  peel in it

plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4091

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 7/21/2017, 1:21 pm

The first tomato!!!  hyper   It was yummy. I don't see any others with any color on them yet, but now I'm confident that it's just a matter of time. I also found a cuke that's about 3 1/2 inches long on the right, and another teeny weeny one, with flower still attached, to the left. My SFG is very jungly, so it's hard to see through all the vines and leaves and tendrils to see what's hiding in there. I still don't see any zucchinis. But I'm ever hopeful. Very Happy

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Dscn0726What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Dscn0725
hammock gal
hammock gal

Female Posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiz 7/21/2017, 7:53 pm

Hey hammock gal, we can have a cucumber race. I have one about that size as well. :-p

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6316

As for what I ate today, I also had a single ripe tomato, so a salad was made with it and some baby butterhead lettuce I picked a couple of days ago. This is from the plants I'm growing at the co-working office I work at, not from home, although I have two of the same type of tomato at home that will be ripe this weekend.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6317
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6318
Fiz
Fiz

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 7/21/2017, 8:15 pm

Fiz wrote:Hey hammock gal, we can have a cucumber race. I have one about that size as well. :-p

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6316

As for what I ate today, I also had a single ripe tomato, so a salad was made with it and some baby butterhead lettuce I picked a couple of days ago. This is from the plants I'm growing at the co-working office I work at, not from home, although I have two of the same type of tomato at home that will be ripe this weekend.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6317
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6318

Ohhhh, that tomato is making my mouth water! drooling  There really is nothing like a tomato fresh from your own garden, still warm from the sun. I see so many green ones on my vines, it's such a tease! Soon, soon...I keep telling myself.

Hey, I'm ready for that cucumber race! I've never grown them before, and I'm surprised at how prickly they are. I have a feeling there are going to be lots of them eventually. I'm hoping for enough to make some bread and butter pickles. See you at the finish line. hyper
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 7/23/2017, 11:13 am

The first fig of the season!  rahrah All the trees are loaded this year. Hopefully we'll get enough for Katie to can some. Her tree in Cottonwood was huge and produced buckets of figs. These trees are all babies from that one and doing their best, but still have a long way to go. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiz 7/23/2017, 5:50 pm

Here's an update for our cucumber race hammock gal. Had a growth spurt on my end, lol. PS, what type of cucumber are you growing? This is likely a very unscientific race, haha.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6319
Fiz
Fiz

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/23/2017, 6:56 pm

Still munching on asparagus, snow & sugar snap peas while gardening. Put some frozen strawberries in my breakfast fruit salad.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/25/2017, 12:37 am

Cantaloupe, cucumber and tomato on this hot evening.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21619

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 7/25/2017, 7:41 am

Just come in from 10 min  collecting broad beans as the crop is at its peak for freezing .
So this evening I & I alone will have at least 15 or so  slightly salted lightly  boiled 3/4 " ( 19 mm ) dia broad beans .

Oiled up after draining with a bit if butter & a couple of twists of the black peppercorn grinder .

Wink I don't care what or how much other veg & meat is on my plate  along side the broad beans . The beans will get eaten first   , YUM YUM ! Laughing
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4091

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/25/2017, 4:21 pm

Yum!

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21619

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/25/2017, 8:18 pm

Random ground cherry.  Have ripe tomatoes and peppers, but need Deep Woods OFF! To go out there...mosquito heaven.Evil or Very Mad
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8823

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 7/27/2017, 3:51 pm

Fiz wrote:Here's an update for our cucumber race hammock gal. Had a growth spurt on my end, lol. PS, what type of cucumber are you growing? This is likely a very unscientific race, haha.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Img_6319

I've been away from the garden for a few days, so it was a surprise this morning when I went out and found this. They are Sugar Crunch Hybrids, and the seed packet says they should be picked when they are 4-5 inches long. This one got away from me while I was away! I haven't tasted it yet, but will have it in salad for dinner. How's yours doing?
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Dscn0727What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Dscn0728
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Empty What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  newbeone 7/28/2017, 11:34 am

A salad with the first store bought tomatoes of the season, From the garden I used Malabar spinach. small chard leaves, Perilia leaves it's a Korean green, a little lemon balm and part of my last Armenian cucumber. It's Hot down here now and the Spring garden is just about gone now but it's been a good one and Fall is not far off.
newbeone
newbeone

Male Posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampTroll 7/28/2017, 7:29 pm

My pea pods have started to come in and boy are they DELICIOUS!!!

My tomatoes are coming along nicely, but they are not fully ripe just yet.

Just hoping that my corn comes in and I got some ears.   Doesn't look like it so far.
SwampTroll
SwampTroll

Male Posts : 141

http://literate-troll.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/28/2017, 10:55 pm

It is fun hearing from everyone!  Here it is  with stuff just hitting,although we had a wet cool spring, so lots of late or not happening stuff/\\

Ground cherries today out of hand.  And cherry maters, Sungold.  They cannot be beat.  So sweet!

Random unknown heirloom tomato from Judy, oblong, paste type orange in color.  I ate it with salt and pepper.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeard 7/29/2017, 12:03 am

had the first cherry tomatoes, one of my green peppers that jumped off the plant today.. and a few potatoes as i pulled them.
Greenbeard
Greenbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  No_Such_Reality 7/30/2017, 12:09 am

I haven't had one of my Marzano style tomatoes, but the skunks and opposums have had about a dozen so far...
No_Such_Reality

Male Posts : 665

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 7/30/2017, 12:16 pm

The tomatoes are rolling in! It may be a small, slow roll, but it's a roll. Very Happy From left to right, Stupice, a small, Czechoslovakian tomato, followed by the flea market "cherry" tomatoes, which are more grape than cherry. Oh yum! Stupice is supposed to be a very early tomato, but it's almost Aug., so it hasn't been early for me.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Stupic10
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/30/2017, 1:30 pm

cheers yea!!! Finally! Someone in NE has ripe tomatoes! I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see the day. Wink
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/31/2017, 8:07 pm

More sungolds, a Detroit Red beet accidentally pulled when weeding grass (grrr), jalapeño peppers, mini peppers (!) and a small bell pepper.  Cukes still just starting their journey up the trellis.....hmmmm

Will be eating mini peppers and maters!  And a beet!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/1/2017, 11:57 am

Figs and blackberries for breakfast. YUMMY! Zucchini bread later, then chilled cuke for dinner. (#$%^ chickens got the tomato. No)

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 16 Zuke-c10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next