Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+192
TxGramma
lyndeeloo
simpletwist
bnoles
ETNRedClay
tananarose
Josh
mschaef
Pollinator
kbshark
sanderson
Lemonie
artisticfoodie
nanny
monisa
cricket
pol_bishop25
Lillyz
H_TX_2
Coelli
jazzycat
brainchasm
jmdever
jimmy cee
Turnip
Janas
johnp
JackieB999
audrey.jeanne.roberts
johnsonjlj
CindiLou
Nymiko
barmstr
cyclonegardener
binfordmj
Damon
lonewolfrissy
Hoggar
toledobend
larry
Belle87ad
songstriss
nycquilter
MoneyMan94
Momof5Js
LA Vertical SFG
TheGinPalace
Nicola
NAR56
greatgranny
Windsor.Parker
Pepper
Suzy
hopeless151
J_in_HamiltonON
les1727
memart1
CharlesB
JustMe
westie
CCgirl75
BetsyC
efirvin
Sharonde
jmsieglaff
claudiamedic
cheyannarach
jazzymom
gregrenee88
mmathedrader
kittykat
floyd1440
BackRiver_SFG
crs
kateh
1airdoc
CapeCoddess
Triciasgarden
darci.strutt
kbb964
CarolinaGirl
nilberty
Chopper
tomperrin
TejasTerry
UnderTheBlackWalnut
Yardtigress
squaredeal
ksbmom
PeonyLover
Turan
sfg4uKim
eospete
JK
floridagardengirl
BillOcala
yolos
landarch
Thornesworld
carolyn.g.sullivan
dixie
rod champion
AvaDGardner
plantoid
eflan
RoOsTeR
ericam
Lavender Debs
Dadoo
GWN
morganfam7
curio
Ha-v-v
sfgteachers
DebbieR
quiltbea
Improvisor
petals1973
happycamper
jkahn2eb
genes
littlesapphire
Icemaiden
garden girl
teamhillbilly
llama momma
TryingForGreen
AprilakaCCIL
bettyd_z7_va
laurakay60
The Cat's Other Mother
Dunkinjean
boffer
stripesmom
oxmyx1
unmadecastle
Denese
HouseofWool
Unmutual
robin mcmanus
Mamachibi
Kelejan
TN_GARDENER
GreenBlueberry
littlejo
Weatherkid
southern gardener
westie42
madnicmom
busygirl
Davanna Driggers
moswell
Lindacol
ModernDayBetty
jymarino
FamilyGardening
herblover
kjenkins82
sherryeo
buttaflie143
MasonGarden
middlemamma
donnainzone5
pattipan
Menditha
sarah in the garden
Aub
extremesoccermom
sheslostit
WardinWake
Tril
Nonna.PapaVino
shannon1
CarolynPhillips
michellet
jazzymaddy
dmsandlin
ashort
Smartchick
Furbalsmom
clfraser
camprn
MattieDRFT
staf74
Goosegirl
BackyardBirdGardner
Miss M
nancy
walshevak
dizzygardener
myhouseofBOYS
elliephant
196 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  buttaflie143 5/24/2011, 10:19 pm

A delectable mix romaine, oak leaf, butterhead, and simpson elite lettuce...

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 2011-085

It may be the only one I get to enjoy since the temperature has risen to the mid 90's around here. Sad
buttaflie143
buttaflie143

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  pattipan 5/24/2011, 10:29 pm

Nonna.PapaVino wrote:Beautiful, Pattipan, beautiful! Obviously, you're doing everything right. We LOVE fruit with salad greens...everything from peeled, sliced orange, to mangos. Strawberries? sounds wonderful. Have you posted your salad and salad dressing recipe to the forum?

Thanks, Nonna.P. We love salads with fruit too! Especially with nice tender fresh leafy lettuces and spinach. I posted the recipe under Veggies and Side Dishes in the Recipe section. This is also a good recipe to sneak in some arugula.

pattipan
pattipan
pattipan

Female Posts : 808

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/personal160.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/25/2011, 12:37 pm

Pattipan, you inspired me, so I posted the fruit (mango) green (young lettuce mix) salad with raspberry dressing) I served dinner guests last weekend. One of the guests even suggested he'd like another serving of the salad instead of dessert.
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Empty What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  sherryeo 5/25/2011, 8:01 pm

Whoooohoooo!!! bounce I can finally reply to this thread! I'm eating Oven Baked Zucchini Rounds made with zucchini from my own little garden today! Zucchini slices dipped in milk, then rolled in bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper and baked till golden. Nummmmyyyyy!!! Why does it taste soooo much better than if I'd made it with zucchini from the grocery store? Maybe because I was cooking it within minutes of picking it (and it could have something to do with how proud I am to have grown it myself!).

I can't wait till my tomatoes are ready!
sherryeo
sherryeo

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/25/2011, 8:41 pm

Congratulations, SherryEO; I'm envious at your advanced garden! We're still in a rainy, cold, spring up here in Oregon. What variety are your zucchinis? Long or round? Your treatment of them sounds wondermous! Especially since our zucks are still just large seedlings! Rolling Eyes
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Empty What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  sherryeo 5/25/2011, 8:50 pm

Hi Nonna.PapaVino, They are Black Beauty Zucchini. They grow long and man, do they grow fast! I bought them as transplants and only have 2 plants this year. I'm a newbie at sfgs and started out with only 2 4X4 boxes. I can't wait to add more for a fall garden!!! I'm hooked on this sfgardening, for sure!

Your gardening time will come and I'm sure there are some things that will do better in your climate than in mine. It gets so hot here during the summer - the bad bugs just love the hot weather and my gardens! I know it's hard to be patient, but I hope you have a good gardening year when you are able to plant. I can't wait to hear about your successes when you do have your garden going. Very Happy
sherryeo
sherryeo

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss M 5/25/2011, 10:55 pm

Mom and I split the first Patio tomato that the birds have not gotten today. Even with bird netting, they were finding ways. I finally got the netting right, and we got a tomato!

Unfortunately, it was not as flavorful as we like tomatoes to be, so I won't get another one. But.... I do believe I saw a small Cherokee Purple out there that was just about done... What a Face
Miss M

http://sithrahfarm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjenkins82 5/25/2011, 11:28 pm

Congratulations Sherry and Miss M! My Cherokee Purple only has blossoms so far. Good for you! A little bit jealous but I will be patient. What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 88662
kjenkins82

Back to top Go down

Post  herblover 5/29/2011, 4:06 pm

I picked a bunch of lettuces and spinach and will cut some Swiss chard for dinner.
herblover
herblover

Female Posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post  FamilyGardening 5/29/2011, 5:22 pm

we are having our second salad from the garden tonight....a few differnt lettuce and some spinach Very Happy

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 05_28_11
FamilyGardening
FamilyGardening

Female Posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  sherryeo 6/27/2011, 10:56 pm

I made fried eggplant from the 3 eggplants I harvested this week from my sfgs. They were a bit on the small size, but all 3 together probably equaled one very large supermarket-sized eggplant. Yummmm. I plan to make some refrigerator pickles with some pickles harvested this week.

Anybody else care to join in and tell us what you've been harvesting lately?
sherryeo
sherryeo

Back to top Go down

Post  jymarino 6/27/2011, 11:31 pm

I got one sugar snap pea, a handful of Sweet 100 toms and about 5 small broccoli shoots. I do wish there was some way to preserve the cherry toms since we may not be able to eat them as fast as they become ripe. I guess we'll just have to have more salads!
jymarino

Back to top Go down

Post  ModernDayBetty 6/27/2011, 11:37 pm

I have Romaine Lettuce which I'm not eating and now it might be too late Embarassed I've gotten a couple of sugar snap peas but the real delight has been my raspberries and strawberries. I don't get many strawberries, about 2-3 a day but add that to the handful of raspberries and I'm a happy girl.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Raspbe10

This is about my daily harvest.

PS I had trouble uploading a photo from my computer which I don't normal have a problem with. I had to have photobucket host it for me.... problem?
ModernDayBetty
ModernDayBetty

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindacol 6/28/2011, 3:49 pm

Todays harvest:

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Harves10

The potatoes are Yukon Golds that the plants died before flowering but I am pleased to find healthy looking but small potatoes. This is the harvest from 2 trash cans planted with 6 small seed potatoes.

The spaghetti squash was the largest on the vines (there are many more) and grew fine without a sling.

The pole beans I have just started picking & they got large while I was gone last week.

The cucumber is the 1st I've found in the cucumber/pole bean jungle.

The tomatoes I have been picking for a couple of weeks.

The carrots are the Nantes planted on tax day. They needed to be thinned. Note the tops are around 24 inches but the carrots are oddly shaped.

In front is the largest of the Tromboncino and there are many more on the plant. No slings here either.
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/28/2011, 7:50 pm

Green Ice before picking
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Pict0113

Green Ice and a bit of spinach picked for the first homegrown salad of the year
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Pict0114

Some radishes and cilantro for extra flavor (and a curious kitty checking it all out)
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Pict0115

Had to buy a cuke and some peppers to finish it out, but those will be ready to harvest out of the yard soon enough, and Jericho lettuce seeds are on the way so I can harvest lettuce even in August!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  moswell 6/28/2011, 8:05 pm

At the moment only herbs: tons of parsley and a good amount of Thai basil, thyme, sage, rosemary, etc. My snap pea plants (one square's worth) will give me one last harvest of maybe 10-15 pods I think before I pull it. And I have high hopes: my sungold tomato plant is going like gangbusters, so within a few weeks I should have plenty of ripe tomatoes. I've finally noticed some flower buds on my zucchini, and the buds on my pepper plants are so close to blooming. Smile I should have plenty of great vegetables for my research leave in July!
moswell
moswell

Female Posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 6/28/2011, 9:26 pm

Three kinds of kale mixed, chopped and braised with onion and apple and garnished with crisp bacon. I know, sounded weird to me when I read the recipe, but it was a winner. Got the recipe here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/braised-kale-with-bacon-cider-10000000577156/ PapaVino ate two helpings and, when I asked what he liked about it, said: "Anything with bacon is good."
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

Post  Davanna Driggers 6/28/2011, 9:41 pm

In Lexington SC, we are eating Cucumbers, yellow crook necked squash, zucchini, fresh from our first sfg. We are excited about all organic food, yum! Oh! And tomatoes.
Davanna Driggers
Davanna Driggers

Female Posts : 29

http://www.faithvisionministries.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  busygirl 6/28/2011, 10:04 pm

Grilled zucchini and pesto burgers with fresh mozzarella. Froze the pesto I didn't mix into the burgers.
busygirl
busygirl

Female Posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/28/2011, 10:19 pm

busygirl wrote:Grilled zucchini and pesto burgers with fresh mozzarella. Froze the pesto I didn't mix into the burgers.
oooooooooh yummy!
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  FamilyGardening 7/11/2011, 6:43 pm

yummy broc Very Happy

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 07_08_10

sweet pea's

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 07_06_26

nas.....sp?....cant remember how to spell them....the children and i nibble on them while out in the garden Very Happy picking our salad

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 07_06_27

hugs
rose
FamilyGardening
FamilyGardening

Female Posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 7/11/2011, 7:28 pm

sorry no pic but i've prepared one quart of bush beans and froze 2 qt bags of them also. Pulled all the carrots and ate them last week. Strawberries are coming in again, so they will be ready by Wednesday.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 7/11/2011, 9:24 pm

Made a quiche of mixed kale/chard/endive, smoked cheese, smoked bacon, onion, garlic, eggs (the usual suspects); realized the commercial crust in the 'fridge had suspicious spots on it, so threw it out and used the pie crust recipe from the 1974 Joy of Cooking cookbook. Note to those interested: to add nutrients, flavor and stability to bottom crust, sprinkle it with sunflower seed meats before layering on the bacon, onion/kale mix, cheese, etc. Was fun to harvest the kales/chard/endive mix, and we served the quiche with quickly seared Opal Creek sugar pea pods (pods are a startling yellow!). Delish dish! Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

Post  pattipan 7/11/2011, 11:37 pm

I picked two Ichiban hybrid eggplants yesterday, and tonight we had grilled eggplant pizza...with peppers also from the garden and Vidalia onions (bought those at the store). The pizza sauce was canned from last year's tomatoes. It was sooooo good.

My first two eggplant ever! Even though the lower leaves have buckshot holes from an earlier battle with flea beetles, I was able to stay ahead of them, more fruit and bloom coming on. Large holes were from a Colorado Potato beetle. He had a very short life.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Ichiba10

And my Rosa Bianca eggplant are just about ready to bloom.After trying to grow eggplant for three years in a row and loosing to flea beetles, I am understandably excited! I see an eggplant panini in the not too distant future! What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 211713

Grilled Vegetable Panini (Giada De Laurentiis)

pattipan
pattipan
pattipan

Female Posts : 808

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/personal160.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  westie42 7/12/2011, 12:18 am

Did not get any eggplant started this year and could not find the little Fairy Tale Eggplants anywhere but they are a small striped 52 day and pretty heavy ongoing producer. Can’t wait for my Black Beauty’s and a meal of eggplant parmigiana or Ratatouille. Every day is salad day and getting a few toms and bell peppers now. Made borsch from the garden last weekend but used last years canned toms and carrots to go with beets, cabbage and lots of herbs all fresh. Should have cukes any day and have been eating zucchinis and yellow summer squash regularly with fried onions and garlic. Kale and first picking of green beans are ready for tomorrows table fare. Guess should have added celery stalks too seems like about everything is kicking into high gear now, Finally.
westie42

Male Posts : 512

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next