Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Toplef10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 I22gcj10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Toplef10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 I22gcj10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by JAM23 Today at 6:59 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 5/6/2024, 3:36 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

California - What are you doing this month?

+20
Turan
keepercjr
sanderson
bigdogrock
Windmere
BeetlesPerSqFt
countrynaturals
Mellen
No_Such_Reality
joy.cheri
CapeCoddess
CotheK
Kelejan
trolleydriver
AtlantaMarie
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Marc Iverson
Yardslave
yolos
Scorpio Rising
24 posters

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Empty Re: California - What are you doing this month?

Post  countrynaturals 1/1/2017, 12:29 pm

What am I doing this month? That would be "not much" to start out. Here's our 10-day forecast:

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Weathe10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Empty Re: California - What are you doing this month?

Post  Mellen 1/2/2017, 7:20 pm

Snow?  You get snow?  Maybe I could move up there?

My last day of work is this coming Thursday (Friday I'm on vacation & Saturday I am officially retired.  My usual graphic for this is Snoopy dancing, but it's not on the list  Razz)

My sister and I are talking of moving out of the Central Valley because of the water situation, and because we would like to live in an area where it RAINS!  I have poked around Red Bluff, but we haven't settled on anywhere. 

We are supposed to have rain here tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday, but we will see.  It usually ends up "Fresno north & Bakersfield south".  Visalia gets missed completely.   Sad
Mellen
Mellen

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/2/2017, 9:18 pm

Mellen wrote:Snow?  You get snow?  Maybe I could move up there?

My last day of work is this coming Thursday (Friday I'm on vacation & Saturday I am officially retired.  My usual graphic for this is Snoopy dancing, but it's not on the list  Razz)

My sister and I are talking of moving out of the Central Valley because of the water situation, and because we would like to live in an area where it RAINS!  I have poked around Red Bluff, but we haven't settled on anywhere. 

We are supposed to have rain here tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday, but we will see.  It usually ends up "Fresno north & Bakersfield south".  Visalia gets missed completely.   Sad
We were supposed to get a little snow, but they've changed it to rain. The farther north you get, the HOTTER it gets. We never expected that when we moved here. Our summers are absolutely brutal. California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 671790
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/3/2017, 2:03 pm

Just a question.  How is the air quality in the Sacramento Valley (No. Valley)?  It gets brutal here in Fresno.  I can't imagine what it is like in Visalia (South).  Actually, the rain is usually north of Merced. Razz

I started walking around the block 4 times at night.  Ken bought a pedometer so I can adjust for my stride.  The air is so "clean" at this time of the year.  Why not go to the gym with my husband?  Well, no fancy clothes, it's free, no "see and be seen" atmosphere, no colds or flu bugs, no mosquitoes at this time of the year and it's quiet.  What prompted me?  I fell getting up from my computer chair Embarassed  and decided to do something about being out of shape.  The pain in my hips and knees is already reduced. Very Happy If Kelejan can walk to town, I can walk, also. Thank you for the inspiration.

Mellen, congrats on retirement! smiles

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/3/2017, 2:15 pm

sanderson wrote:Just a question.  How is the air quality in the Sacramento Valley (No. Valley)?  It gets brutal here in Fresno.  I can't imagine what it is like in Visalia (South).  Actually, the rain is usually north of Merced. Razz

I started walking around the block 4 times at night.  Ken bought a pedometer so I can adjust for my stride.  The air is so "clean" at this time of the year.  Why not go to the gym with my husband?  Well, no fancy clothes, it's free, no "see and be seen" atmosphere, no colds or flu bugs, no mosquitoes at this time of the year and it's quiet.  What prompted me?  I fell getting up from my computer chair Embarassed  and decided to do something about being out of shape.  The pain in my hips and knees is already reduced.  Very Happy  If Kelejan can walk to town, I can walk, also.  Thank you for the inspiration.

Mellen, congrats on retirement! smiles
We're way north of Sacramento and our air quality is always good up here.

Sorry about your fall, Sanderson. Glad you're getting back in shape. Today will be my first day back on the treadmill after my long recovery from probably 2 kidney stones. They really put my shirt in the dirt and almost ruined Christmas, but I'm feeling pretty good, now. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/3/2017, 2:28 pm

Sometime it takes a fall like that (clumsy move with no recovery) to be an inspiration.  I'm glad you are finally feeling better, CN.

Winter is a great time for collecting Starbuck's coffee grounds.  People drink more hot drinks and the other gardeners I have to compete with in my part of town aren't collecting right now.  I have a lot of dancing on the bags to do to break up the pucks. Very Happy  California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Coffee10

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/3/2017, 3:07 pm

sanderson ... I'm really sorry to hear about your fall. Now I am waiting for the video of you dancing on the bags to break up the coffee pucks.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 410-i16.tinypic.com-52mmmc2
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/3/2017, 4:53 pm

Razz

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardslave 1/4/2017, 1:31 pm

Sanderson, sorry to hear of your fall- gravity always wins! Hope you can work out the kinks and get things in order again.
Yardslave
Yardslave

Male Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/4/2017, 1:57 pm

Walk, walk, walk. Well, not last night because it was raining. 0.8" in 24 hours.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 1/6/2017, 6:22 am

Woo-hoo... rain! Glad to hear it!

How are you feeling, Sanderson?

Mellen, today's your last day at work; correct? Congratulations!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellen 1/6/2017, 1:10 pm

AtlantaMarie wrote:Woo-hoo...  rain!  Glad to hear it!

How are you feeling, Sanderson?

Mellen, today's your last day at work; correct?  Congratulations!
Rain is supposed to start here (Visalia) at midnight tonight.  Hopefully this will not again go around us.  

+1 Sanderson:  Hope you are getting along swimmingly (or walkingly?)

Thanks!   Actually, I am on vacation today.  They had a luncheon for me yesterday because my supervisor was going to be gone today.  I told her it would be anti-climactic to hear all that hail & farewell then have to work today.  I'm DONE!   cheers
Mellen
Mellen

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/6/2017, 1:37 pm

FABULOUS! Welcome to retirement, Mellen. California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 3170584802

Grrrr! It deleted my quote. Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/6/2017, 2:52 pm

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 370856013 California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 998388915

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/7/2017, 10:14 am

IT'S SNOWING! Slushy, sloppy stuff, but it is sticking. As soon as it's light enough, I'll try to get some pics. Shocked
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/7/2017, 11:19 am

countrynaturals wrote:IT'S SNOWING! Slushy, sloppy stuff, but it is sticking. As soon as it's light enough, I'll try to get some pics. Shocked
It's still coming down hard, and the temp isn't going up (30 degrees). This is what I saw when I went out to get the newspaper. 

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Snow10

The snowflakes are as large as grape tomatoes. As soon as it reaches its peak, I'll go back out with the camera. It only snows here every 2-3 years, so it's definitely a camera-worthy event.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/7/2017, 1:36 pm

Post this in Holy Snow Batman! Folks won't believe CA gets snow except in the mountains.

Fresno gets snow every 10-20 years!

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  audrey.jeanne.roberts 1/7/2017, 2:16 pm

We get snow about the same, 2-3 years though we have also gotten it a couple years in a row or a couple times during a year.  We're over 1500 ft elevation though, so it's not actually an anomaly like it is in Fresno!
audrey.jeanne.roberts
audrey.jeanne.roberts

http://audreyjeanne-roberts.artistwebsites.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/7/2017, 3:10 pm

audrey.jeanne.roberts wrote:We get snow about the same, 2-3 years though we have also gotten it a couple years in a row or a couple times during a year.  We're over 1500 ft elevation though, so it's not actually an anomaly like it is in Fresno!
We're only about 500', so even when the surrounding mountains get it, we usually don't, and when we do, it doesn't last long.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/7/2017, 3:29 pm

Last one. The show (and the snow) are over. Sad Now we're just looking at 9 straight days of rain (at least). Shocked
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Thermo10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardslave 1/7/2017, 5:29 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Last one. The show (and the snow) are over. Sad Now we're just looking at 9 straight days of rain (at least). Shocked
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Thermo10
My irrigation controls are finally getting a break they so richly deserve!
Yardslave
Yardslave

Male Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellen 1/7/2017, 7:12 pm

It's not going around us.  Whoo hoo!!!    hyper
Mellen
Mellen

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/7/2017, 7:36 pm

I just planted some seeds, found another pear tomato (which I gutted, ate, and saved the seeds), and found my first little boy blossom on my indoor cukes.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/7/2017, 10:00 pm

Mellen wrote:It's not going around us.  Whoo hoo!!!    hyper
hyper

During a break in the rain, I harvested this. California - What are you doing this month? - Page 32 Caulif11

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 1/8/2017, 7:48 am

Wow...... That's gorgeous, Sanderson!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next