Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Toplef10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 I22gcj10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» So glad I watered...
by Emily49 Today at 8:31 pm

» Rogue strawberries
by Emily49 Today at 8:29 pm

» Friday Rookie Topic: Carrots
by Emily49 Today at 8:26 pm

» TD Painting
by mbrobb Today at 7:38 pm

» new eastern redbud looks like it might need attention
by bkrieb Today at 5:44 pm

» N&C Midwest—June 2020
by OhioGardener Today at 5:40 pm

» Experimental Asparagus Bed
by plantoid Today at 4:09 pm

» Eddie Willers 1st rookie mistake, what to do?
by Eddie Willers Today at 1:29 pm

» 2020 SFG in Brooks, GA
by yolos Today at 12:29 pm

» frustration
by Yardslave Today at 12:29 pm

» Oh, TURD...
by mollyhespra Today at 8:45 am

» TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing April, May, June, 2020
by lvanderb Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» What to plant now for Zone 10
by dstack Yesterday at 8:09 pm

» Be a couch potato or grow your own potatoes?
by Emily49 Yesterday at 1:05 pm

» mix of lettuce in one square
by OhioGardener 6/2/2020, 7:54 pm

» Any Strange and Wonderful Visitors? Photos please!
by OhioGardener 6/2/2020, 7:41 pm

» Stroke - Country Naturals
by Kelejan 6/2/2020, 7:37 pm

» Just about got enough seeds sown & seedlings transplanted
by Emily49 6/2/2020, 7:33 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by Scorpio Rising 6/2/2020, 6:32 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by plantoid 6/2/2020, 3:17 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by sanderson 6/2/2020, 5:07 am

» Tomato disease help
by OldCrow 6/1/2020, 7:07 pm

» New England, June 2020
by Scorpio Rising 6/1/2020, 4:47 pm

» Mail order tomato plants
by Scorpio Rising 6/1/2020, 12:40 pm

» N&C Midwest: May 2020
by Scorpio Rising 6/1/2020, 12:37 pm

» Cheerleaders needed, please. This is daunting.
by OldCrow 6/1/2020, 9:27 am

» The SFG Journey- Harvesting compost from rows
by has55 5/31/2020, 1:57 am

» The SFG Journey- preparing Hoops on SFG Beds for future shade cloth
by has55 5/31/2020, 1:37 am

» Panic Buying due to Cornavirus Pandemic
by yolos 5/31/2020, 1:00 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

California - What are you doing this month?

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

Go down

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Empty Re: California - What are you doing this month?

Post  countrynaturals on 3/10/2020, 9:55 am

We have 4 perfect gardening days coming before the next rain, so I'll be spending it seed-starting and building up the soil levels in the Salad Bar. It doesn't sound like much, but I let things get out of control, so I'm really playing catch up. Embarassed I have some kale plants that want to be in the ground, now, so I may have to up-pot them while I'm getting their beds ready.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5670

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Empty Re: California - What are you doing this month?

Post  sanderson on 4/4/2020, 5:03 am

Planted 10 Snow Fairy tomatoes, 5 eggplants and 12 peppers in 2 beds.  Nine indeterminate tomatoes went in the BTE strips.  Sungold and paste went into buckets and pots.  Dragon Tongues and bush Blue Lake beans have been direct sown.  Tomorrow the cucumbers, cantaloupe, winter squash and some of the flowers will be planted. Oh, and I planted 12 strawberry plants this year. I haven't grown strawberries since I started in 2013.

It's supposed to rain for 3 days starting Saturday night, so I will have to get out the pre-cut plastic sheets for the beds in case it rains hard.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Seedli22

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Seedli24

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Seedli23

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 19042

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 4/4/2020, 8:08 am

Good job, S. I'm waiting for 2 more cold, nasty, rainy days, then it will be my turn. bounce
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos on 4/4/2020, 12:37 pm

You have been busy.  Looking good.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 3926

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 4/4/2020, 2:02 pm

@Sanderson wrote:Planted 10 Snow Fairy tomatoes, 5 eggplants and 12 peppers in 2 beds.  Nine indeterminate tomatoes went in the BTE strips.  Sungold and paste went into buckets and pots.  Dragon Tongues and bush Blue Lake beans have been direct sown.  Tomorrow the cucumbers, cantaloupe, winter squash and some of the flowers will be planted. Oh, and I planted 12 strawberry plants this year. I haven't grown strawberries since I started in 2013.

I checked your 10-day, and you have 2 nights in the low to mid 40s. I thought we had to wait for all 50s before putting out the maters, etc. What gives, Girlfriend? geek
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 4/6/2020, 4:06 pm

Embarassed Embarassed  I took a gamble and planted ALL of the starts.  The tomatoes do have a touch of purple today, but should recover later this week.  Starting Wednesday, the temps should be good.  We received a full inch of rain yesterday which is needed in this area. bounce

The next thing I have to do is lightly sprinkle some more Sluggo PLUS around the starts. Besides the usually sow bugs and earwigs, the slugs will come out with all this moisture.

sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 4/8/2020, 4:46 pm

Moved a ton of compost, to raise the soil level in one wing of the Salad Bar, then planted kale and Sugar Snap peas in it. Put my shirt in the dirt. I give up! California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 43549 sawing logs
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 4/8/2020, 5:51 pm

I know how big your salad bar is so you must be exhausted!

I have 95% of everything planted or sowed.  It's been rather chilly, windy and wet with the 1.2" of rain we have received.  So, last night, I got out the rain covers for the two beds planted with tomato, eggplant and pepper.  I have been wondering where some of the large binder clips went.  I forgot that some were clipped to the various labeled plastic covers. Embarassed
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Rain_c10
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 Rain_c11

Some of the red potatoes in 5-gallon buckets just popped up today.  When summer is underway, I will wrap them, and the other buckets, with aluminum foil to keep the MM cool.

sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 4/21/2020, 1:30 pm

Transplanting tomato starts into planter bags. California - What are you doing this month? - Page 41 43549
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardslave on 4/23/2020, 10:52 am

I've been acclimating my seedlings for transplanting later (hopefully) this week. Doing a tree Kale pruning so I can get to the veggie beds easier. The Kale jumped the beds and hit the ground running after the winter rains gave them a boost. They spread out like a giant octopus. There's so much Kale, I've been giving my friends a tall garbage full bag every week so they can juice it. They will take all I can give them, but I personally can't stomach the green goo  No
Yardslave
Yardslave

Male Posts : 435

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener on 4/23/2020, 12:35 pm

@Yardslave wrote:There's so much Kale, I've been giving my friends a tall garbage full bag every week so they can juice it. They will take all I can give them, but I personally can't stomach the green goo  No

I give a lot of Kale to neighbors for juicing - I'd rather eat the Kale than just the juice - and, then they give me back pulp for my compost tumbler. The Kale always outgrows what the two of us can eat, so I don't mind sharing it with them.

Never plant without a bucket of compost at your side.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 4/28/2020, 2:52 pm

The plants are finally growing vigorously with the warm/hot weather.  Some of the beans failed to sprout, probably because of the rainy cool period we got, so replacements are soaking on the counter.

We have been working on replacing a 2'x3' bed built in April 2013.  As with any project, there is a glitch.  A PVC fitting has been leaking underground where the bed was.  That fixed, today will be filling and tamping the hole, leveling the ground, and moving 12"x12" pavers from the old compost bin area to this area as a foundation against invasive roots.

Some of the trellises need repairing, the support paracord strung for June sunshade, drip lines checked for leaks or plugs and the EZ Straw with Tack applied as mulch.

sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 4/28/2020, 3:40 pm

Getting further and further behind -- that's what I'm doing! frustration The a/c is on for the first time, and I'm stuck in the house, watching the thermostat hit 90 for the first time this year.

I did get a lot done on the balcony this morning, planting onions and pulling weeds, so the day isn't a total waste. happy dance
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum