Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

+19
JocyMc
plantoid
donnainzone5
johnp
Lillyz
efirvin
Triciasgarden
llama momma
mschaef
yolos
camprn
landarch
ryan
walshevak
Turan
Goosegirl
msmare
cheyannarach
RoOsTeR
23 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  Turan 9/27/2012, 12:01 am

Super dry here too. Got some clouds today but no rain and no real chance of rain for 10 more days. Since the early frosts it has mellowed out. I am trying to get the garden cleaned up but still harvesting broccoli and raab and bok choi and chard and tomatoes.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  landarch 9/28/2012, 12:33 am

I heard Trail Ridge Road in RMNP was closed due to snow today...winter is coming.
landarch
landarch

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 9/28/2012, 7:10 pm

landarch wrote:I heard Trail Ridge Road in RMNP was closed due to snow today...winter is coming.

RMNP?

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 9/28/2012, 8:32 pm

Rocky Mountain National Park.
Yes, the high country has gotten some snow. That's a beautiful thing. We need all the snow pack we can get this year.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/5/2012, 12:33 pm

It's raining, it's snowing (ugh).
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 10/5/2012, 1:43 pm

We totally bypassed our first frost, and went right into our first freeze and light dusting of snow! tongue

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 10/5/2012, 9:43 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:We totally bypassed our first frost, and went right into our first freeze and light dusting of snow! tongue
Well that's poopy! Evil or Very Mad

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/6/2012, 12:41 am

8 inches as of now and still snowing... All the tomatoes and peppers in the plant inn have gave up... Sad day at my house.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 10/6/2012, 10:28 am

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 10/6/2012, 1:06 pm

Wow, 8 inches already! We could be in for a doozy this year.
I think we've hit our hi of 36, and having light flurries. Cool It's all good. I love living in an area that experiences all seasons geek

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 10/6/2012, 3:38 pm

We had the clouds and they warned us of snow but we only got a small flurry. It went down to 20F last night. Everything in the greenhouse froze but I had already picked all the green tomatoes etc. We desperately need the snow/rain/moisture of some sort.

Turan
Turan

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/7/2012, 12:30 am

We made the weather channel, ended up with 9.5 inches. I still have lettuce, peas, and cabbage in the plant inn so that's nice. Rooster I wish I lived in an area with 4 seasons, we have 2 winter and summer (okay okay, it's not that bad!) I love it here, I am a lifer Very Happy
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 10/8/2012, 10:18 am

Turan wrote:We had the clouds and they warned us of snow but we only got a small flurry. It went down to 20F last night. Everything in the greenhouse froze but I had already picked all the green tomatoes etc. We desperately need the snow/rain/moisture of some sort.

We only had a couple of flurries too. Mostly just cold and menacing clouds Rolling Eyes I woke to 27° this morning, but it's clear, sunny and supposed to hit 70°. tongue

cheyannarach wrote:We made the weather channel, ended up with 9.5 inches. I still have lettuce, peas, and cabbage in the plant inn so that's nice. Rooster I wish I lived in an area with 4 seasons, we have 2 winter and summer (okay okay, it's not that bad!) I love it here, I am a lifer Very Happy

You do live in some pretty rough country there in South Dakota, however I've seen the pictures you've posted of your area and it's beautiful! I know you'd never leave that Very Happy

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/9/2012, 9:10 am

Yeah, I love it here but the long winters can wear on a person. This morning I got up for work and went outside to about an inch of snow and frosted windshield, I need to start looking outside when I get up to know if I need to start the car or not.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 10/9/2012, 9:29 am

WoW! You got another inch on top of what you got already? You're in for a doozy Cheyanne What a Face
I hope we get lot's of snow here this winter. We need the moisture so bad.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/18/2012, 10:52 am

Yeah, I think we are in for it this year Rooster. I'll take it, I love snow but I hate whe it's just plain cold without snow... Today we are trying not to blow away, it's Trampoline relocation weather. 60 + MPH winds, pretty nasty and a fire started this morning so that's not good at all.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 10/18/2012, 12:15 pm

Agreed on snow and cold. Cold with no snow isn't good for me either lol. We went thru trampoline relocation yesterday and more expected today. Blah! Sorry to hear of yet another fire.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/20/2012, 10:33 am

The wind blew my firewood stand over (a huge metal thing filled with firewood) at work, lol, It's gonna take 3 men and a boy to pick it back up. The wind left us, must have wanted to give you a visit. I think the fires are done, I know 20 people were evacuated but I don't think any homes were lost.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 10/20/2012, 1:51 pm

That wind almost took my cold frame away, or at least the lid. We got a smattering of rain last night. I am hoping that means the fire restrictions might be lifted.

Turan
Turan

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/21/2012, 2:45 pm

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 2 43549 Turan, glad your cold frame made it. Our fire bans were lifted about a week ago.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 10/23/2012, 1:33 pm

There is snow on the ground and the compost pile is 135*F lol!

Turan
Turan

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/24/2012, 2:22 pm

cheers Yay on the compost!

It's snowing at my house and raining in town, lol. School was cancelled today because a transformer caught on fire and half the town was out of electricity this morning. Feels like a snow day to me though lots o
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 10/24/2012, 6:09 pm

its snowed more this morning and was a good 20 degrees when I got my son off the bus at 310 this afternoon. lots o affraid its cold!!!!
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 10/25/2012, 3:00 pm

Burrrrrr, that's a lot colder than it is here.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 10/26/2012, 10:19 pm

We've had about 6" of snow the last couple of days and into the 20' at night.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next