Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by cyclonegardener Yesterday at 8:56 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:38 pm

» Vertical Zucchini
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:34 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 7/23/2024, 8:25 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by Scorpio Rising 7/22/2024, 1:33 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 7/20/2024, 11:02 am

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

» Hi from Lapeer Michigan
by Scorpio Rising 7/18/2024, 10:49 am

» Mel's Mix
by OhioGardener 7/16/2024, 1:40 pm

» Baker Creek Heirloom Whole Seed Catalog Pre-Order
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 4:00 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 1:01 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 7/9/2024, 2:23 pm

» Wasabi Radish
by markqz 7/8/2024, 10:14 pm

» Check out your local (seed) library !
by OhioGardener 7/8/2024, 11:45 am

» YIKES! I'm hosting uninvited guests in my squash...
by tappingmom 7/3/2024, 9:43 am

» Baked Eggplant
by OhioGardener 7/2/2024, 7:45 am

» N&C Midwest—June 2024
by nrstooge 7/1/2024, 7:48 am

» Epic Gardening "Master Class on Square Food Gardening"
by sanderson 6/26/2024, 10:03 pm

» Growing Tomatoes in 6" of soil?
by sanderson 6/25/2024, 4:21 pm

» Frequency/amount to water
by OhioGardener 6/22/2024, 5:34 pm

» Rhubarb Tom Collins
by DonP 6/19/2024, 2:10 pm

» Change email address
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 2:00 am

» Howdy from San Diego, CA
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 12:49 am

» Getting Started
by Turan 6/18/2024, 12:58 pm

» Turan's Garden Western Mountains and Plains
by Scorpio Rising 6/18/2024, 11:49 am

» Question about replenishing squares after harvest
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 6/17/2024, 12:14 am

» My NWA garden
by Guinevere 6/13/2024, 11:13 am

» creating grids
by plantoid 6/13/2024, 6:42 am

» SFG jOURNEY-What's Hiding in your organic fertilizer
by has55 6/13/2024, 12:40 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

+19
JocyMc
plantoid
donnainzone5
johnp
Lillyz
efirvin
Triciasgarden
llama momma
mschaef
yolos
camprn
landarch
ryan
walshevak
Turan
Goosegirl
msmare
cheyannarach
RoOsTeR
23 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  RoOsTeR 6/10/2013, 7:38 am

Uh ok. We are supposed to hit 97° today No

FireShot Pro Screen Capture

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  donnainzone5 6/10/2013, 11:41 am

Here in Bend, our temps were 85/43 yesterday. The low temp this morning apparently was 36F. It wasn't supposed to get quite that chilly.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2667

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 6/10/2013, 8:58 pm

Toasty today! 103 F and it sure does feel like it. Went out earlier to take a look at the sfg and the zucchini was really wilted (its in a raised bed by itself).
Lillyz
Lillyz

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 6/12/2013, 12:30 am

Sunny and nice in the mornings followed by amazing thunderstorms in the late afternoon. I am telling myself this will be excellent for sprouting corn and beans.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2624

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Empty Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  donnainzone5 6/12/2013, 10:53 am

65/33 yesterday.  It froze earlier this morning, as evidenced by frost on the neighborhood rooftops.

Anticipating the possibility and not yet having planted them, I moved the tomatoes into the garage last night.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 6/12/2013, 3:08 pm

Glad you didn't plant them yet
Very Happy

I have some cukes squash and pumpkins that I direct sowed a few weeks ago that are off to a good start but no tomatoes and peppers yet.  It's been very rainy here so it's nice I haven't had to water!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 6/12/2013, 11:08 pm

Not sure what the temp was today I think it was in the 90s.  It felt cooler than yesterday and the day before.  Real high winds for the the past couple of days too.  Yesterday you could see the smoke and smell it too from the fire that is burning in the the Royal Gorge/Canon City area.  Very rugged terrain there.  There is also a fire burning in the Black Forest area near Colorado Springs.  The wind is making that one very unpredictable.  I think I heard it somewhere that fires make their own weather.  I guess its true.  Say a prayer for the firefighters, they have a difficult job ahead of them.
Lillyz
Lillyz

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/29/2013, 9:36 am

Well we got rain last night. Almost 2 inches worth in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately it was also accompanied by hail varying in size from pea, up to golf ball. Lots of shrapnel in the garden this morning, but the damage does look recoverable. Just another set back in this very slow season so far Embarassed

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/29/2013, 9:49 am

Evil or Very Mad Well that stinks Rooster. Did any of that moisture sink in?

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14168

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/29/2013, 10:36 am

camprn wrote:Evil or Very Mad Well that stinks Rooster. Did any of that moisture sink in?

It did come in a couple of different rounds. The first round was about a half inch, so it softened things up before the big one rolled in about 45 minutes later. I'm pretty lucky. Some areas very close to here received extensive damage from high winds and hail. I'm sure their gardens being the least of their worries. So I'm not complaining...much Razz

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Hudd 6/29/2013, 1:06 pm

Lots of sheet lightning in the metro-Denver area last night also.  Just had very little, small sized hail in Lakewood, no garden damage.  Hope yours recovers quickly Rooster. Had about an inch here, also very quickly. Sounds like more can be coming the next several days, so "No Whammies!"
Hudd
Hudd

Male Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 6/29/2013, 8:52 pm

Cooler today. Just a little bit of wind. Looks like there are storms to the east.. Smelled like rain last night, but I think it was virga. I gotta go buy some more compost, watering 1x a day is not doing it. Plants are wilting by the middle of the day.
Lillyz
Lillyz

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/29/2013, 9:03 pm

A few inches of mulch would be good after you lay down the compost. When you see the plants wilting that is a sign it's hot and they are going into survival mode for sure, but as long as they are bouncing back in the evening all is well. Good luck. What a Face 

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 6/29/2013, 9:15 pm

camprn wrote: A few inches of mulch would  be good after you lay down the compost. When you see the plants wilting that is a sign it's hot and they are going into survival mode for sure, but as long as they are bouncing back in the evening all is well. Good luck. What a Face 

Thanks Camp will do that.
Lillyz
Lillyz

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 6/30/2013, 7:08 pm

We are going to be in the lower 90s for the next few day and than cooling back into the upper 80s. I hope that my peas can stand the heat they just started to bloom:affraid:
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/1/2013, 12:48 pm

97F here yesterday, 99 predicted for today. So far, everything is growing spectacularly!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 7/11/2013, 9:21 pm

We hit 100 today Evil or Very Mad It's almost 7:30 pm and still in the 90's. BLAH!!

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 8 Screen10

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 7/11/2013, 9:41 pm

Raining here Very Happy , sorry Rooster!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 7/11/2013, 10:35 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:We hit 100 today Evil or Very Mad It's almost 7:30 pm and still in the 90's. BLAH!!

BLARGH!

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 7/14/2013, 3:06 pm

Raining here again today, I should have known it was going to since I told the kids I was going to take them to the beach today, lol.  We have had great weather this summer for moisture, I hope it keeps up and we don't dry up and get the fires we have had the past several years.
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 7/14/2013, 3:34 pm

It was very hot yesterday.  We were bucking bales.  When we were stacking them into the barn a lovely cool wind came up.  It was from the east and pushing clouds with it.  I wondered if we were going to get rain but none fell.  I think they were the empties from Cheyannarach Laughing

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2624

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 7/14/2013, 8:21 pm

We must have hogged it all, it's supposed to rain more this evening but all the clouds went away!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 7/22/2013, 8:05 am

HOT! HOT! HOT!  What a Face

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/22/2013, 10:53 am

SWELTERING! But with 50+ degree swings between night and day.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  grownsunshine 7/22/2013, 1:11 pm

high 80's, low 90's. early am clouds. got a bit of rain the other day...a bit odd for So Cal summer.
grownsunshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next