Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by arussman Today at 6:08 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Today at 11:23 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Today at 10:48 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Today at 1:57 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by ralitaco 4/29/2024, 9:47 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+57
farmersgranddaughter
countrynaturals
donnainzone5
Scorpio Rising
trolleydriver
Turan
plantoid
has55
Kelejan
SQWIB
yolos
DorothyG
No_Such_Reality
TinySpock
21Actual
LizDTM
brianj555
CrazyArtist
dixie
Abiqua Ike
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Fiz
hammock gal
Sweetmama
SwampTroll
Zmoore
Mimi2
Robbomb116
meatburner
mlpii66
AlwaysHotinFL
JohnKelly
Banned Member
TCgardening
recoush
RC3291
ralitaco
GWN
Ginger Blue
reynajrainwater
p14shooter
herblover
Cajun Cappy
MrBooker
bigdogrock
newbeone
BeetlesPerSqFt
littlejo
MeghanSTL
llama momma
CitizenKate
CapeCoddess
kauairosina
walshevak
Mellen
camprn
RoOsTeR
61 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  yolos 10/29/2017, 9:09 pm

Just turned the heat on down here.  I will have to get my garlic planted this week.  The low tonight will be 33*F.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver 10/29/2017, 10:43 pm

yolos wrote:Just turned the heat on down here.  I will have to get my garlic planted this week.  The low tonight will be 33*F.
Wow 33F.  Our low way up here in Ottawa, Canada is expected to be 39F tonight but Monday night's low is going to be 28F.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 10/30/2017, 8:14 am

Rain, 4.2 inches, 10.668 cm last night. Now the wind is starting, a bad combination for trees. I stayed home form work today.
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 10/30/2017, 9:14 am

Wind finally stopped howling sometime last night... Woke up to 32 degrees & clear.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 10/30/2017, 11:19 am

It's taking me a long time to get going today, since I was up most of the night. The storm didn't get bad around here until almost midnight. We got just over 3 inches of rain, and the wind started to blow like crazy. Power went out for about 5 minutes, and came back on before going out until about 5am. Both the cat and dog were restless all night, just couldn't settle down, and we all kept each other up. And then, there was the big THUMP! When it was light enough this morning, I looked outside, and sadly, one of the big hemlocks is down, and it looks like it took out the pear tree, too. I haven't had the heart to go out for a closer inspection yet. I need more coffee. Lots more.

The good news is...nothing hit the house. okay

P.S. I just realized, if you look at my avatar, you can see the hemlock at the left of the pic. pale

Last edited by hammock gal on 10/30/2017, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : P.S.)
hammock gal
hammock gal

Female Posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 10/30/2017, 11:35 am

Hammock Gal - sending you hugs and virtual coffee... sorry to hear about your trees, especially the pear, but happy to hear to hear your house didn't get thumped.

The rain finally stopped this morning. I think I was on the outer edge of the storm, I got only 3.46". Since the creek isn't running too high, I think the rain mostly sunk in rather than running off. The bag of compost I threw in front of the garden gate to act as a sand bag to divert/slow the water the runs down the driveway into the garden worked! My main path mulch is still on the main path, not washed to end of the garden! It stayed above freezing, and I'm glad: I took my frost covers off in advance because they aren't set up to be secured against wind yet. But I really haven't gotten severe wind. Biggest gust I've seen on the meter this morning was 20mph.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 10/30/2017, 12:57 pm

BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:Hammock Gal - sending you hugs and virtual coffee... sorry to hear about your trees, especially the pear, but happy to hear to hear your house didn't get thumped.

The rain finally stopped this morning. I think I was on the outer edge of the storm, I got only 3.46". Since the creek isn't running too high, I think the rain mostly sunk in rather than running off. The bag of compost I threw in front of the garden gate to act as a sand bag to divert/slow the water the runs down the driveway into the garden worked! My main path mulch is still on the main path, not washed to end of the garden! It stayed above freezing, and I'm glad: I took my frost covers off in advance because they aren't set up to be secured against wind yet. But I really haven't gotten severe wind. Biggest gust I've seen on the meter this morning was 20mph.

Thanks for the hugs and coffee, Beetles! Glad to hear you fared better than I did. Glad your compost diversion kept the rain out of your garage and into the garden instead. These fall storms can get really nasty, can't they? Sounds like the wind in your neck of the woods wasn't too bad. I thought we were going to escape the worst of the storm altogether. The bad part was supposed to start around 8pm, so I waited, and it had rained all day, but as far as the wind, there was barely anything. But then, around midnight, it started to howl, and there was thunder and lightning...the works. In the storm we had a couple of weeks ago, we had 5.9 inches of rain, so with the ground that saturated, I was surprised that the hemlock snapped instead of coming out by its roots. It's sad to see the pear go, but it never produced fruit in the almost 20 years that I've lived here. It doesn't get enough sun, but it did have lovely flowers every spring. Ah well. The pear at least will make good firewood. The sun is shining, I guess it's time to bite the bullet and go take a closer look at the damage. Shocked
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Empty Worse than I thought

Post  hammock gal 10/30/2017, 3:30 pm

On closer inspection, it's not my hemlock, it's my neighbor's pine tree. BIG pine tree. I called my insurance agent and she said this is a "gray area", that the neighbor isn't actually responsible, since no damage was done, other than his great big tree landing in my yard, and suggested that I talk to the neighbor and see if they might be willing to pay half. Really? I don't even know this neighbor, so I'm thinking my chances are slim to none. Rats! Evil or Very Mad
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 10/30/2017, 6:36 pm

With the rain over the past two days we have smashed the old annual rainfall record for Ottawa. Some areas of the city are flooded, trees down and there have been power outages. It's been a nasty weather year and I can hardly wait to see what winter will bring.

Pictures and video at this link.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-shatters-annual-rainfall-record-1.4378281
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 10/30/2017, 7:29 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
yolos wrote:Just turned the heat on down here.  I will have to get my garlic planted this week.  The low tonight will be 33*F.
Wow 33F.  Our low way up here in Ottawa, Canada is expected to be 39F tonight but Monday night's low is going to be 28F.
Yea, we usually get a real low temp about now, then it warms up.  High today was in the mid sixties.  Tomorrow it will be in the seventies.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 10/30/2017, 7:42 pm

Wow, HG, and Beetles!  We had wind and stuff but nothing like you!  Glad your house is OK!  Yeah, it isn’t really a gray area.  What falls on your area is yours, likewise, you should have a talk.  Because you can’t really take the base out without their permission.  That would be up to them.  

Cold, wet and rainy here.  Blustery!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8719

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/31/2017, 11:40 am

80 today, 70 tomorrow, 60 Thursday, then winter. (39 low Thursday night Sad.) Cold and rainy 5 of the last 7 days of the 10-day forecast. It has been a glorious 2nd summer, but now it's coming to an end. Sad Sad Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 11/3/2017, 9:55 am

It's getting colder ... overnight lows for the next six days are 27F, 36F, 55F, 27F and then way down to 21F, 25F.  Also more rain for the next four days. I am sure my garlic must have either floated away or rotted in all this rain that we have had since I planted it.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Empty Beautiful here

Post  LizDTM 11/3/2017, 12:11 pm

This is what we survive the Phoenix summer for. It was 79 in my front yard / 84 in the back yesterday with overnight lows of 60. Oh yeah. I took down the shade cloth that has entombed my patio since May. Moved plants out from under the patio cover to catch full sun. Will be able to reclaim my patio for my own use by Monday. Love it!
LizDTM
LizDTM

Female Posts : 30

http://www.thewritingreader.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 11/4/2017, 10:37 am

10:30 a.m. and the sun is shining brightly but do not be fooled. The temperature is only 3C (37F). There is more rain on the way and also the possibility of snow flurries. And I still have a lot of garden work to do.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 11/4/2017, 5:09 pm

Just finished some yard work including filling my hardware cloth compost bin. It was quite cool outside and then all of a sudden a really cold wind came up and brought with it some very light snow flurries.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 11/4/2017, 9:33 pm

We have 14 inches of fresh clean snow. It cleared a bit this afternoon and is now in the teens. Naturally I have not gotten all my fall cleanup done, but the garlic is planted and the bed for peas next spring is all ready.
I am hoping for another warm snap in which to get more done.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 11/4/2017, 10:17 pm

I'm smiling how we all view the weather differently. Hot summer folks are enjoying being able to work outside for more than 10 minutes. Northern folks are trying to do as much as possible before the snow settles in. Very Happy

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21552

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 11/5/2017, 5:05 pm

Rain/showers 7 of the next 10 days. It's starting out to be as wet as last year, which is a whole lot better than the drought, but a happy medium would be nice. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 11/6/2017, 8:38 am

VERY foggy this morning.... Mid-60's
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 11/6/2017, 8:45 am

I better get moving with my garden cleanup and winter preparations. Our temperatures are going to be plummeting. For example, this coming Friday we are expecting a Hi of 25F (-4C) and a Lo of 10F (-12C).  Brrrrrrrr!

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Cold-Freezinglg
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 11/6/2017, 10:16 am

trolleydriver wrote:I better get moving with my garden cleanup and winter preparations. Our temperatures are going to be plummeting. For example, this coming Friday we are expecting a Hi of 25F (-4C) and a Lo of 10F (-12C).  Brrrrrrrr!

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Cold-Freezinglg
Not that bad here, but it was 35 when I got up this morning. Fire in the woodstove. It's nice and sunny at least, so I will be able to go out and check later, when it warms up, but I think it's safe to say the summer garden is done for this year. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 Empty Beautiful in Gilbert, AZ

Post  LizDTM 11/6/2017, 4:37 pm

Looks like the high here is going to be low 80s. Currently 84 in my back yard and 78 in my front yard. Overnight low about 56. Fantastic!

I was in Flagstaff Saturday night. It was 43 at 11 pm. I almost died from cold.  Very Happy The drive back was spectacular.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 38191598832_fde531ca12_zSunset Point, Arizona by Liz Shaw, on Flickr

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 29 26447326489_b6db50537f_zSunset Point, Arizona by Liz Shaw, on Flickr

Glad to be home and resting today!
LizDTM
LizDTM

Female Posts : 30

http://www.thewritingreader.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 11/6/2017, 6:34 pm

Seasonably cold...had a ton of rain. And tornadic activity in the area.  We are OK here though.  SErious drop in temps from Sunday, which probably spawned the big storms....
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8719

Back to top Go down

Post  brianj555 11/7/2017, 8:10 pm

Very Happy Low 65 - High 80.  Sooo glad I followed you guy’s advice and made it through that weird lite frost a couple weeks ago.  Had five new baby tomatoes pop out today.
brianj555
brianj555

Male Posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next