Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 12:08 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Yesterday at 8:36 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Yesterday at 8:30 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson Yesterday at 5:34 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Yesterday at 5:31 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 11:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 6:34 am

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson 5/10/2024, 6:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 4:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/8/2024, 12:26 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 8:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 8:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 11:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 4:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 8:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/2/2024, 12:24 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 5:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 5:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 4:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 7:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 9:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 11:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 4:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 12:16 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 2:36 pm

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 9:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+57
farmersgranddaughter
countrynaturals
donnainzone5
Scorpio Rising
trolleydriver
Turan
plantoid
has55
Kelejan
SQWIB
yolos
DorothyG
No_Such_Reality
TinySpock
21Actual
LizDTM
brianj555
CrazyArtist
dixie
Abiqua Ike
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Fiz
hammock gal
Sweetmama
SwampTroll
Zmoore
Mimi2
Robbomb116
meatburner
mlpii66
AlwaysHotinFL
JohnKelly
Banned Member
TCgardening
recoush
RC3291
ralitaco
GWN
Ginger Blue
reynajrainwater
p14shooter
herblover
Cajun Cappy
MrBooker
bigdogrock
newbeone
BeetlesPerSqFt
littlejo
MeghanSTL
llama momma
CitizenKate
CapeCoddess
kauairosina
walshevak
Mellen
camprn
RoOsTeR
61 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver 3/4/2017, 7:35 pm

Update ... went to grocery store and realized it is way too cold to go to some outdoor Red Bull event. So stayin' home.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  bigdogrock 3/5/2017, 12:02 am

From a cousin in the far north.
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Spring10
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 3/5/2017, 3:52 pm

Another blistering temperature rise! 13.6 degrees (F) and wind gusts to about 35-40 mph. The skies are blue and thoughts of gardening making me happy.
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/5/2017, 3:54 pm

10 more days of rain. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 3/5/2017, 4:23 pm

50 here already this morning. Expected to hit mid 60's today and I hope that's without wind!

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/5/2017, 5:17 pm

More snow in the offing.  Predictions range from 1"-3" inches this week to around 8", including next weekend.  There was a flurry last night, with an overnight low of 21F.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 3/7/2017, 1:08 pm

Today will be much better with only 40 mph winds instead of the 50 we had yesterday! Very Happy

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 3/7/2017, 3:23 pm

Well here in central British columbia it is -5 celsius  23 F. No wind and no precipitation. Hope that the plants I put in cold frame 2 days ago survive:)
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/7/2017, 4:38 pm

Light flurries this morning, but the forecast has totally changed, with little snow expected this week.  We should be getting a fair amount of rain, however.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/7/2017, 4:50 pm

More rain, then a few days off, then more rain. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/9/2017, 2:24 am

Beautiful sunny warm day today.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Tomorrow the high will be 76* F.  The low tonight is 39*F so I am still covering my early planted tomatoes at night and then uncovering them in the morning.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 3/9/2017, 2:30 am

yolos wrote:Beautiful sunny warm day today.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Tomorrow the high will be 76* F.  The low tonight is 39*F so I am still covering my early planted tomatoes at night and then uncovering them in the morning.

WoW! Happy Early Spring cheers

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 3/9/2017, 3:14 am

Windy since bedtime last night. The howling noise plus the extra loud gusts (between 30 and 45mph) just don't let me sleep well. At least the structures in the garden seem to be holding up so far for this round...last I checked, anyhow. I did a little work in the garden this morning, but the chill and inconvenience of the wind sent me back inside. The electricity went out, but only for an hour, during the day, not in the middle of the laundry, and my wireless router is on a backup battery, so no hardship.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 3/9/2017, 12:48 pm

Wind.
That is all. Crybaby

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/9/2017, 3:30 pm

We're getting a whole week of spring, then back to more rain and cooler temps. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 3/9/2017, 9:53 pm

BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:Windy since bedtime last night. The howling noise plus the extra loud gusts (between 30 and 45mph) just don't let me sleep well. At least the structures in the garden seem to be holding up so far for this round...last I checked, anyhow. I did a little work in the garden this morning, but the chill and inconvenience of the wind sent me back inside. The electricity went out, but only for an hour, during the day, not in the middle of the laundry, and my wireless router is on a backup battery, so no hardship.

We're having the same, with the addition of snow tomorrow, and then deep freeze for the weekend.
Mad grumble grumble Mad
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/9/2017, 10:13 pm

Poor Suz in No. Cal. Sad   Central CA sunny and delightful.  In the 70's for the next 10 days.  Coles/brassicas are bolting.  Today I am up to 6 bees and 1 black bumble bee working the flowers.  A few days ago it was 1 bee, then 2 bees.  Almost passed out when I saw three bees, now 6 plus the bumble.  How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 Bees_o10

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21562

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 3/9/2017, 11:09 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:
BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:Windy since bedtime last night. The howling noise plus the extra loud gusts (between 30 and 45mph) just don't let me sleep well. At least the structures in the garden seem to be holding up so far for this round...last I checked, anyhow. I did a little work in the garden this morning, but the chill and inconvenience of the wind sent me back inside. The electricity went out, but only for an hour, during the day, not in the middle of the laundry, and my wireless router is on a backup battery, so no hardship.

We're having the same, with the addition of snow tomorrow, and then deep freeze for the weekend.
Mad grumble grumble Mad
The wind chucked a large twig at the kitchen window (startling, but no damage) ...and tossed the gas grill.
I *think* it also knocked down a tree in the back neighbor's cow pasture (you know how it is when you know something has changed but haven't been paying enough attention to know *when*.) How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 3868 It looks like it might have blocked in a cow and her calf at the end of a section of fenced in pasture but I can't tell for sure through the bushes and trees between here and there - I can't tell if she could have wandered in after the fact and just be a little confused how to navigate back out... she tried to moo her head off for awhile, but they look uninjured and I don't have contact info for the farm so I guess I'll just try to keep an eye on things.
My hometown got hurricane force winds: lots of power outages and the roof blew off my old middle school. Shocked

Starting tomorrow morning it will be below freezing for a solid week. Ugh, my poor blooming crocuses. I've covered things up in the garden again, and put 'rafters' diagonal across the bed I sowed, to try to keep the plastic up and a little away from the seedlings. Hopefully I have it taut enough that the snowfall won't smoosh it down.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 3/10/2017, 1:06 am

BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:
CapeCoddess wrote:

Mad grumble grumble Mad
The wind chucked a large twig at the kitchen window (startling, but no damage) ...and tossed the gas grill.
I *think* it also knocked down a tree in the back neighbor's cow pasture (you know how it is when you know something has changed but haven't been paying enough attention to know *when*.) How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 10 3868 It looks like it might have blocked in a cow and her calf at the end of a section of fenced in pasture but I can't tell for sure through the bushes and trees between here and there - I can't tell if she could have wandered in after the fact and just be a little confused how to navigate back out... she tried to moo her head off for awhile, but they look uninjured and I don't have contact info for the farm so I guess I'll just try to keep an eye on things.
My hometown got hurricane force winds: lots of power outages and the roof blew off my old middle school. Shocked

Starting tomorrow morning it will be below freezing for a solid week. Ugh, my poor blooming crocuses. I've covered things up in the garden again, and put 'rafters' diagonal across the bed I sowed, to try to keep the plastic up and a little away from the seedlings. Hopefully I have it taut enough that the snowfall won't smoosh it down.

Ugh! I can deal with just about anything but wind. I've had brand new grills tossed around and totally demolished. I feel your pain No

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/10/2017, 1:49 am

Those of you on the East Coast, in the Midwest, and upper South might want to follow www.weatherbell.com.

Part of it is free, so just scroll down to get the latest commentary (on the left).  One thing I particularly like about this site is that Mr. Bastardi readily admits to his mistakes.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 3/11/2017, 3:50 pm

Oh joy, another cold weekend! Woke up to 4 degrees (F) with a steady 20-25 mph wind with gusts that howl. Here it is at 11 AM, almost 9 degrees (F), bright sunny, and still the wind. 
But, I have a roaring wood stove, excellent hot coffee, and no place to go. I am tucked in and warm, enjoying a day off.
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/11/2017, 4:56 pm

Perfect here for a few days. 75 and sunny today. sunny
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 3/11/2017, 7:20 pm

We actually got some much needed overnight rain last night. Overcast and cool today.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  CitizenKate 3/11/2017, 7:24 pm

Last month, we had March.

This month, we have February.
CitizenKate
CitizenKate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 3/11/2017, 7:54 pm

For the first time this week I did not wake to fresh snow. I have hopes that I can start weeding etc within a week.  Fingers crossed.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next