Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Toplef10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season I22gcj10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Toplef10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season I22gcj10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

5 posters

Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 7:46 am

My housemate and I began a SFG in Lome at the end of Dec 09, and had some good results. We had to travel for work and just returned 2 weeks ago. Now we're starting again -- have planted 2 kinds of radishes, 2 kinds of basil, Brandywine tomatoes, eggplant, dill, chives and India mustard greens. The greens and radishes are already up after about 3 days. Corn and cucumbers will be planted today. The rainy season is starting so that will help cut down just a bit on the heat level.

I'm delighted to see this Africa forum and will tell my SFG colleagues here to check it out!

Debbie
dhhatfield52

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  WardinWake 4/19/2010, 10:41 am

dhhatfield52 wrote:My housemate and I began a SFG in Lome at the end of Dec 09, and had some good results. We had to travel for work and just returned 2 weeks ago. Now we're starting again -- have planted 2 kinds of radishes, 2 kinds of basil, Brandywine tomatoes, eggplant, dill, chives and India mustard greens. The greens and radishes are already up after about 3 days. Corn and cucumbers will be planted today. The rainy season is starting so that will help cut down just a bit on the heat level.

I'm delighted to see this Africa forum and will tell my SFG colleagues here to check it out!

Debbie

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615 Back. Glad to see you made the trip to the states and are now back in Togo. Keep us informed on your gardens progress,

God Bless, Ward.
WardinWake
WardinWake

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 935

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  boffer 4/19/2010, 10:51 am

Hi Debbie,

I thought I recognized the screen name when I helped with the registration problem. Didn't you post a couple times in the old forum? What kind of soil mix did you end up using since peat moss and vermiculite weren't available?
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 11:55 am

boffer wrote:Hi Debbie,

I thought I recognized the screen name when I helped with the registration problem. Didn't you post a couple times in the old forum? What kind of soil mix did you end up using since peat moss and vermiculite weren't available?

Hi Boffer,

Yes, I did reply in the old forum. Thanks for getting me re-registered in the new one. We have only been using our home-made compost. Still haven't found anything like peat moss and vermiculite. But things seem to be growing. I'll be able to monitor the garden better in the next weeks and see how it goes. I'm sure that some things will grow better in June, July, August when the temps drop a bit.
dhhatfield52

Back to top Go down

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 11:56 am

WardinWake wrote:
dhhatfield52 wrote:My housemate and I began a SFG in Lome at the end of Dec 09, and had some good results. We had to travel for work and just returned 2 weeks ago. Now we're starting again -- have planted 2 kinds of radishes, 2 kinds of basil, Brandywine tomatoes, eggplant, dill, chives and India mustard greens. The greens and radishes are already up after about 3 days. Corn and cucumbers will be planted today. The rainy season is starting so that will help cut down just a bit on the heat level.

Debbie

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615 Back. Glad to see you made the trip to the states and are now back in Togo. Keep us informed on your gardens progress,

Will do! Thanks, Debbioe

God Bless, Ward.
dhhatfield52

Back to top Go down

Post  mckr3441 4/19/2010, 11:57 am

WOW! I love this Forum!!! People from all over the world! SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615

It's wonderful to get a world view of gardening experiences. I hope you will post pictures as you progress. We all love pictures.

Welcome to the forums and have fun gardening.

Claire SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Icon_flower
mckr3441
mckr3441

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 765

Back to top Go down

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 5:06 pm

mckr3441 wrote:WOW! I love this Forum!!! People from all over the world! SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615

It's wonderful to get a world view of gardening experiences. I hope you will post pictures as you progress. We all love pictures.

Welcome to the forums and have fun gardening.

Claire SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Icon_flower

I do plan to post some pictures! Just planted some corn, cucumbers, cowpeas and some greens (seeds I picked up in France). If all goes well, they'll all sprout within a week here. Photos to come
dhhatfield52

Back to top Go down

Post  choksaw 4/20/2010, 11:36 pm

excelent welcome to the forums it still amazes me to this day that the inetrnet is so huge that you can meet people from anywhere all over the world i look forward to seeing your garden and watching and learning how gardening is in africa its so awesome to be able to see things in places ive never been. id love to get some seeds from you and see what its like growing food from another country good luck with everything
choksaw
choksaw

Male Posts : 459

Back to top Go down

Post  dhhatfield52 4/21/2010, 6:21 pm

choksaw wrote:excelent welcome to the forums it still amazes me to this day that the inetrnet is so huge that you can meet people from anywhere all over the world i look forward to seeing your garden and watching and learning how gardening is in africa its so awesome to be able to see things in places ive never been. id love to get some seeds from you and see what its like growing food from another country good luck with everything

Hi! Actually, I'm an American living overseas. I've sorry to disappoint you, but the seeds I've planed so far were bought in the US or France. However, I will be investigating others ... I do have a moringa tree and a bread nut tree growing on my property, though not in the SFG. Definitely those weren't from the US or France.

The corn and cukes seems to be popping up now... planted the pre-soaked seeds on Sunday. :-)
dhhatfield52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum