Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Toplef10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season I22gcj10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Toplef10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season I22gcj10SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tomatoes not having growth
by Scorpio Rising Today at 6:46 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Today at 6:31 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Today at 6:29 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:34 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:44 pm

» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Dealing with Critters in Garden
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/18/2024, 8:53 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 5/18/2024, 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

5 posters

Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 7:46 am

My housemate and I began a SFG in Lome at the end of Dec 09, and had some good results. We had to travel for work and just returned 2 weeks ago. Now we're starting again -- have planted 2 kinds of radishes, 2 kinds of basil, Brandywine tomatoes, eggplant, dill, chives and India mustard greens. The greens and radishes are already up after about 3 days. Corn and cucumbers will be planted today. The rainy season is starting so that will help cut down just a bit on the heat level.

I'm delighted to see this Africa forum and will tell my SFG colleagues here to check it out!

Debbie
avatar
dhhatfield52

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-04-19
Location : Togolese Republic, Africa

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  WardinWake 4/19/2010, 10:41 am

dhhatfield52 wrote:My housemate and I began a SFG in Lome at the end of Dec 09, and had some good results. We had to travel for work and just returned 2 weeks ago. Now we're starting again -- have planted 2 kinds of radishes, 2 kinds of basil, Brandywine tomatoes, eggplant, dill, chives and India mustard greens. The greens and radishes are already up after about 3 days. Corn and cucumbers will be planted today. The rainy season is starting so that will help cut down just a bit on the heat level.

I'm delighted to see this Africa forum and will tell my SFG colleagues here to check it out!

Debbie

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615 Back. Glad to see you made the trip to the states and are now back in Togo. Keep us informed on your gardens progress,

God Bless, Ward.
WardinWake
WardinWake

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 935
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 74
Location : Wake, VA

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  boffer 4/19/2010, 10:51 am

Hi Debbie,

I thought I recognized the screen name when I helped with the registration problem. Didn't you post a couple times in the old forum? What kind of soil mix did you end up using since peat moss and vermiculite weren't available?
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 71
Location : yelm, wa, usa

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 11:55 am

boffer wrote:Hi Debbie,

I thought I recognized the screen name when I helped with the registration problem. Didn't you post a couple times in the old forum? What kind of soil mix did you end up using since peat moss and vermiculite weren't available?

Hi Boffer,

Yes, I did reply in the old forum. Thanks for getting me re-registered in the new one. We have only been using our home-made compost. Still haven't found anything like peat moss and vermiculite. But things seem to be growing. I'll be able to monitor the garden better in the next weeks and see how it goes. I'm sure that some things will grow better in June, July, August when the temps drop a bit.
avatar
dhhatfield52

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-04-19
Location : Togolese Republic, Africa

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 11:56 am

WardinWake wrote:
dhhatfield52 wrote:My housemate and I began a SFG in Lome at the end of Dec 09, and had some good results. We had to travel for work and just returned 2 weeks ago. Now we're starting again -- have planted 2 kinds of radishes, 2 kinds of basil, Brandywine tomatoes, eggplant, dill, chives and India mustard greens. The greens and radishes are already up after about 3 days. Corn and cucumbers will be planted today. The rainy season is starting so that will help cut down just a bit on the heat level.

I'm delighted to see this Africa forum and will tell my SFG colleagues here to check it out!

Debbie

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615 Back. Glad to see you made the trip to the states and are now back in Togo. Keep us informed on your gardens progress,

Will do! Thanks, Debbioe

God Bless, Ward.
avatar
dhhatfield52

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-04-19
Location : Togolese Republic, Africa

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  mckr3441 4/19/2010, 11:57 am

WOW! I love this Forum!!! People from all over the world! SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615

It's wonderful to get a world view of gardening experiences. I hope you will post pictures as you progress. We all love pictures.

Welcome to the forums and have fun gardening.

Claire SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Icon_flower
mckr3441
mckr3441

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 765
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 84
Location : Cleveland Heights, Ohio (5b)

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  dhhatfield52 4/19/2010, 5:06 pm

mckr3441 wrote:WOW! I love this Forum!!! People from all over the world! SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season 396615

It's wonderful to get a world view of gardening experiences. I hope you will post pictures as you progress. We all love pictures.

Welcome to the forums and have fun gardening.

Claire SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Icon_flower


I do plan to post some pictures! Just planted some corn, cucumbers, cowpeas and some greens (seeds I picked up in France). If all goes well, they'll all sprout within a week here. Photos to come
avatar
dhhatfield52

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-04-19
Location : Togolese Republic, Africa

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  choksaw 4/20/2010, 11:36 pm

excelent welcome to the forums it still amazes me to this day that the inetrnet is so huge that you can meet people from anywhere all over the world i look forward to seeing your garden and watching and learning how gardening is in africa its so awesome to be able to see things in places ive never been. id love to get some seeds from you and see what its like growing food from another country good luck with everything
choksaw
choksaw

Male Posts : 459
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 49
Location : New Port Richey FL.

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  dhhatfield52 4/21/2010, 6:21 pm

choksaw wrote:excelent welcome to the forums it still amazes me to this day that the inetrnet is so huge that you can meet people from anywhere all over the world i look forward to seeing your garden and watching and learning how gardening is in africa its so awesome to be able to see things in places ive never been. id love to get some seeds from you and see what its like growing food from another country good luck with everything

Hi! Actually, I'm an American living overseas. I've sorry to disappoint you, but the seeds I've planed so far were bought in the US or France. However, I will be investigating others ... I do have a moringa tree and a bread nut tree growing on my property, though not in the SFG. Definitely those weren't from the US or France.

The corn and cukes seems to be popping up now... planted the pre-soaked seeds on Sunday. :-)
avatar
dhhatfield52

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-04-19
Location : Togolese Republic, Africa

Back to top Go down

SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season Empty Re: SFG in Togo, beginning of rainy season

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum