Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Mid-South:  December 2017 Toplef10Mid-South:  December 2017 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Mid-South:  December 2017 I22gcj10Mid-South:  December 2017 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Mid-South:  December 2017 Toplef10Mid-South:  December 2017 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Mid-South:  December 2017 I22gcj10Mid-South:  December 2017 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The SFG Journey-Johnson Su Bioreactor for composting, No turning
by sanderson Today at 1:28 am

» Wood Chips-->Pine
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:19 pm

» Linseed Oil
by yolos 9/22/2021, 6:43 pm

» What are these fruits?
by bijan 9/22/2021, 2:50 pm

» What kind of fruit is this? Persimmon
by bijan 9/22/2021, 8:31 am

» California's Drought
by Kelejan 9/22/2021, 12:33 am

» Is this golden rod which the golden rod honey comes from?
by markqz 9/21/2021, 11:53 pm

» Message from Sanderson
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 2:43 pm

» California - What are you doing this month?
by Yardslave 9/21/2021, 2:23 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 9/21/2021, 8:55 am

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing July to December 2021
by Kelejan 9/21/2021, 8:05 am

» N&C Midwest—September 2021
by MrBooker 9/21/2021, 5:57 am

» Hi from Lillington, NC
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 1:29 am

» OhioGardener SFG
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 1:25 am

» My name is boffer, and I'm a juicer.
by sanderson 9/21/2021, 1:23 am

» Why five sources for your compost? One explanation.
by OhioGardener 9/20/2021, 10:06 am

» 2021 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by OhioGardener 9/18/2021, 8:19 pm

» Patio Tomatoes at the Kitchen Door
by OhioGardener 9/16/2021, 8:05 pm

» Help identify seeds
by OhioGardener 9/16/2021, 7:59 pm

» Mulch question
by MrBooker 9/16/2021, 6:37 am

» Fallen Apples
by Kelejan 9/16/2021, 3:48 am

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 9/14/2021, 11:28 pm

» Organic Management of Fall Garden Pests
by OhioGardener 9/14/2021, 8:38 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 9/12/2021, 11:54 am

» Chick N Poo Compost
by OhioGardener 9/9/2021, 4:59 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by donnainzone5 9/9/2021, 12:41 pm

» Composting information
by Bart 9/9/2021, 11:13 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 9/7/2021, 7:19 pm

» What's everyone planting?
by sanderson 9/7/2021, 1:24 pm

» Worm On Tomato?
by sanderson 9/7/2021, 1:21 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Mid-South: December 2017

4 posters

Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Mid-South: December 2017

Post  AtlantaMarie 12/3/2017, 6:22 am

Well, the end of the year is upon us... But that doesn't mean the gardening comes to a complete halt!

For those who have nicer weather right now, take advantage & get the beds cleaned up & ready for next season. With all the sales going on, you may find items to build protection from those dratted cabbage moths, etc. And it's certainly a good time to build up your supply of leaves for the compost pile!

I'm going to be sowing some indoor carrots & lettuce to keep me going through the winter. And microgreens is something I've been wanting to try!

What are ways YOU can keep your garden going during the winter months?
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5503
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  CapeCoddess 12/5/2017, 4:20 pm

Garlic grows great indoors. I've put a clove or 2 into potted house plants in years past. Can't remember if I actually got a head of garlic from any of them but I know I used the greens a lot.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6824
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 65
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  AtlantaMarie 12/6/2017, 6:14 am

Hmmmmm..... May have to try that....... Thanks, CC!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5503
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  yolos 12/7/2017, 3:17 pm

Chance of snow flurries-  lots o lots o  I doubt it.  But we will have freeze on and off this week.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 71
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  brianj555 12/7/2017, 6:50 pm

@yolos wrote:Chance of snow flurries-  lots o lots o  I doubt it.  But we will have freeze on and off this week.
Yeah yolos.  I have relatives coming in from Atlanta tonight. I was checking their weather this morning. Is weather underground still calling for some snow up there?
brianj555
brianj555

Male Posts : 444
Join date : 2017-08-22
Location : Zone 9 - Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  yolos 12/8/2017, 12:27 am

@brianj555 wrote:
@yolos wrote:Chance of snow flurries-  lots o lots o  I doubt it.  But we will have freeze on and off this week.
Yeah yolos.  I have relatives coming in from Atlanta tonight. I was checking their weather this morning. Is weather underground still calling for some snow up there?
This morning they were predicting chance of snow flurries but they are not predicting it now. But 100% chance of rain almost all day.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 71
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  yolos 12/8/2017, 2:17 pm

@yolos wrote:
@brianj555 wrote:
@yolos wrote:Chance of snow flurries-  lots o lots o  I doubt it.  But we will have freeze on and off this week.
Yeah yolos.  I have relatives coming in from Atlanta tonight. I was checking their weather this morning. Is weather underground still calling for some snow up there?
This morning they were predicting chance of snow flurries but they are not predicting it now. But 100% chance of rain almost all day.
Well we did get a few snow flakes mixed in with the rain.  But only for about 15 minutes.  I bet Atlanta Marie got a bit more snow than me because she is north of Atlanta and I am south of Atlanta.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 71
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  brianj555 12/9/2017, 7:29 pm

@yolos wrote:
@yolos wrote:
@brianj555 wrote:
@yolos wrote:Chance of snow flurries-  lots o lots o  I doubt it.  But we will have freeze on and off this week.
Yeah yolos.  I have relatives coming in from Atlanta tonight. I was checking their weather this morning. Is weather underground still calling for some snow up there?
This morning they were predicting chance of snow flurries but they are not predicting it now. But 100% chance of rain almost all day.
Well we did get a few snow flakes mixed in with the rain.  But only for about 15 minutes.  I bet Atlanta Marie got a bit more snow than me because she is north of Atlanta and I am south of Atlanta.
We got about an inch here.  5 miles north of the gulf. Areas not far from me got 4-5 “.
brianj555
brianj555

Male Posts : 444
Join date : 2017-08-22
Location : Zone 9 - Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  AtlantaMarie 12/13/2017, 8:24 am

We were in Calhoun, GA & got 6" or so. My mom got about 8 in Blairsville (N GA mountains).
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5503
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Mid-South:  December 2017 Empty Re: Mid-South: December 2017

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum