Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Toplef10I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . I22gcj10I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Toplef10I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . I22gcj10I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . .

+9
sanderson
Scorpio Rising
CapeCoddess
RoOsTeR
Kelejan
AtlantaMarie
yolos
BeetlesPerSqFt
countrynaturals
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Empty I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . .

Post  countrynaturals 2/5/2017, 11:28 am

GO FALCONS! Twisted Evil
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Empty Re: I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . .

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 2/5/2017, 11:50 am

I saw an American Kestrel swoop and wheel over the road yesterday, and then land on a power/telephone line. It was very beautiful. Wikipedia says they are the most common falcon in North America.

Pennsylvania has other falcons, too. There's even a cam, though it's early yet - no nesting behavior or eggs yet:
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/falcon/

(Yes, I know. I'm not living under a rock, just vacationing there.)
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Empty Re: I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . .

Post  yolos 2/5/2017, 11:53 am

countrynaturals wrote:GO FALCONS! Twisted Evil

+1   okay  Except maybe not now that I think of it a little further.  We had Falcon season tickets (on the 45 yard line, 14 rows back) for 42 years but gave them up last year because the cost of tickets are skyrocketing since they started building the new stadium.  So all of us who got pushed out of the stadium due to increasing ticket prices next year are kind of rooting for the Patriots.

Beetles are you being facetious or are you not aware that the Falcons are an NFL football team located in Atlanta GA.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/5/2017, 12:00 pm

BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:I saw an American Kestrel swoop and wheel over the road yesterday, and then land on a power/telephone line. It was very beautiful. Wikipedia says they are the most common falcon in North America.

Pennsylvania has other falcons, too. There's even a cam, though it's early yet - no nesting behavior or eggs yet:
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/falcon/

(Yes, I know. I'm not living under a rock, just vacationing there.)
Aren't they little guys? I think I saw one once. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 2/5/2017, 12:05 pm

yolos wrote:Beetles are you being facetious or are you not aware that the Falcons are an NFL football team located in Atlanta GA.
Facetious - hence the "(Yes, I know. I'm not living under a rock, just vacationing there.)"
With their reddish, bluish, and white coloring, the American kestrel is a very patriotic-looking falcon. Wink

Yes, CN - they are tiny little raptors! Among other things, they eat grasshoppers! Can't imagine a Red-tail hawk bothering with grasshoppers.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/5/2017, 12:07 pm

yolos wrote:

+1   okay  Except maybe not now that I think of it a little further.  We had Falcon season tickets (on the 45 yard line, 14 rows back) for 42 years but gave them up last year because the cost of tickets are skyrocketing since they started building the new stadium.  So all of us who got pushed out of the stadium due to increasing ticket prices next year are kind of rooting for the Patriots.
We were in Atlanta in '96 and took our step-grandson to a Braves game. We had free tickets and a free parking voucher. It still cost us $80, just for refreshments. affraid Shameful! Evil or Very Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 2/5/2017, 12:58 pm

But, yolos, you can get a seat at the new stadium "starting at just $500!"

Uh-huh.... Key word here is "starting....."

But, yes, Go Falcons!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 2/5/2017, 1:19 pm

yolos wrote:

Beetles are you being facetious or are you not aware that the Falcons are an NFL football team located in Atlanta GA.

IMO. yolos, I think that supporters such as yourselves should be able to purchase the same tickets at the last price you paid as long as you keep buying those tickets.  If the likes of you had not faithfully supported your team all those years, they would not be able to have a new stadium.  For new season ticket holders, by all means raise the price as they will know what they are letting themselves in for.

In addition, I bet there is not one new sports stadium that goes it alone, the local taxpayers generally contribute by reducing the stadium taxes thereby increasing the burden of the locals.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 2/5/2017, 1:25 pm

@yolos I can totally understand being disgruntled about increased ticket prices, but I don't think I could ever root for the Pats lol. Belicheck makes me I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 671790 and Brady? I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 3787310120

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 2/5/2017, 1:53 pm

We never minded paying a little more each season for tickets.  Costs do go up.  But with the new stadium, for the same seating we had every year, the Personal Seating Allowance for season ticket holders (not including the cost of tickets) started out at $10,000 per ticket.  I think they eventually reduced it to about $5,000 per seat (not including the cost of the tickets).  That is highway robbery especially for the long time season ticket holders.  This will be the third stadium the Falcons have played in since I moved here in 1975.  The pomposity of professional sports in incredible.  The regular folks just want to see a good game, we don't need all the extra amenities they are building into the new stadiums.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 2/5/2017, 2:27 pm

KNOCK. KNOCK.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/5/2017, 3:47 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:KNOCK. KNOCK.
Uh, who's there?
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 2/5/2017, 4:46 pm

Tom Brady

Crybaby

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 2/5/2017, 5:36 pm

This thread makes me darn funny
You may as well dance, Falcon fans... It beats crying...
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/5/2017, 6:11 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:
Tom Brady

Crybaby
Tom who? Twisted Evil
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 2/5/2017, 8:05 pm

Great thread!  Lol, that cockatoo has rhythm!  And I am a huge kestrel fan, I see them on my daily commute all the time!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8712

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 2/6/2017, 12:10 am

That cockatoo is so cute Razz

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 2/6/2017, 2:05 am

Talk about pulling one out of thin air.  Nail biting game at the end.   
Contrats Patriots.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 2/6/2017, 8:57 am

I thought the half time show was excellent. I'm not the hugest Gaga fan, but she really is a great performer.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/6/2017, 12:05 pm

Didn't watch the halftime show. I wanted Atlanta to win, but I'm thrilled for Tom Brady and his mother and also Howie Long and his son, Chris. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 2/7/2017, 5:15 am

I'm not into sports, but the kids and I were seated near the bar TV at Old Spaghetti Factory and noticed that the score was something like 3 to 21. What a turn around.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 2/7/2017, 6:28 am

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . Animat10
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 2/7/2017, 7:47 am

sanderson wrote:I'm not into sports, but the kids and I were seated near the bar TV at Old Spaghetti Factory and noticed that the score was something like 3 to 21.  What a turn around.

LOL. I was rooting for the Falcons, but think I would have rather been at the Old Spaghetti Factory
than watching the sb. I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . 3170584802

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 2/7/2017, 7:55 am

Uhm. Hooray, Patriots!  Oh my goodness what a comeback!
I was worried, but I had seen them do it before.
Oh yeah, not a huge  American football fan here.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

I know we aren't supposed to be controversial here, but . . . WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 2/7/2017, 9:27 am

Oh! Just SO disgusted. Unfortunately, typical Falcons. And the excuse that they "just ran out of gas." Really?

Okay, end of rant.

It was a great comeback by the Patriots.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next