Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) Toplef10So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) I22gcj10So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) Toplef10So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) I22gcj10So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

So. West Desert ~ Indoor starts! If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :)

4 posters

Go down

So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) Empty So. West Desert ~ Indoor starts! If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :)

Post  brainchasm 2/13/2015, 6:51 pm

Southwestern Desert gardeners, I've been remiss!  I haven't been gently chiding you all about winter gardens, and spring seedlings.

I blame the girlfriend (ah, l'amore!).

In any case, a week or two ago I started my warm weather plants, so I'm hoping you're at least thinking about it this weekend!

Tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, sweet & hot peppers, and so much more can be started indoors under a good strong light or a south-facing window...and since it looks like we may be done with the true cold weather, having strong plants ready to go out March 1 could definitely help us have a nice productive Spring season. Smile

So get out there, get into your MM, amend if necessary, clear out the palm tree detritus, and let's show the other regions that "desert" just means "we grow the crap out of heat-loving annuals"!

Last edited by camprn on 2/14/2015, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expanded title)

I think my sunflower plant can take me in a fair fight...it's taller than me, and it keeps giving me dirty looks. Shocked
brainchasm
brainchasm

Male Posts : 481

Back to top Go down

So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) Empty Re: So. West Desert ~ Indoor starts! If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :)

Post  Kelejan 2/13/2015, 8:24 pm

I will think about it when I get rid of this cold. For several days the snow is off the garden and normally I would be out their working like a beaver. Mad
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) Empty Re: So. West Desert ~ Indoor starts! If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :)

Post  sanderson 2/14/2015, 1:28 am

Brainchasm,  I consider myself an honorary desert dweller.  "we grow the crap out of heat-loving annuals"!  rofl   Started my seed cups Monday and the Baker order should be in tomorrow, Saturday.  The bok choy sprouted yesterday and the Basrawya tomatoes today.

Kellejan,  I had a plain old cold a couple? weeks ago.  Just have to ride it out and hope one doesn't get a secondary infection, like sinus or ear infection, or bronchitis.  This is the first time I didn't get any secondary infections in decades.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21487

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  duhh 2/14/2015, 2:04 pm

I usually start my tomatoes(should do peppers and tomatillos then too) around Thanksgiving and my squash and such mid January here in southern Az. I'm planting them all today!
duhh
duhh

Female Posts : 378

http://duhhworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  brainchasm 2/14/2015, 2:07 pm

duhh wrote:I usually start my tomatoes(should do peppers and tomatillos then too) around Thanksgiving and my squash and such mid January here in southern Az. I'm planting them all today!
Brave!  I hope for the best for you!

We're 80degF today, and 81degF tomorrow, then seventies for two weeks, but the evening lows still can touch 40s.

I just potted up some tomatoes, my cucumbers, the bell peppers, the hot peppers, and my crenshaw melons. Smile
So. West  Desert ~ Indoor starts!  If you haven't yet, get...STARTED! :) 16529962405_759701ca12_b

I think my sunflower plant can take me in a fair fight...it's taller than me, and it keeps giving me dirty looks. Shocked
brainchasm
brainchasm

Male Posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post  duhh 2/14/2015, 2:42 pm

those seedlings are looking happy! Our weather here has and is going to be 80's/50's so I'm good to go. All my starts have pretty much stayed outside for the past couple of weeks and are doing well.
duhh
duhh

Female Posts : 378

http://duhhworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down