Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Toplef10Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions I22gcj10Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Toplef10Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions I22gcj10Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Questions, Questions, Questions . . . Always Questions

4 posters

Go down

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Empty Questions, Questions, Questions . . . Always Questions

Post  rabbithutch 6/4/2014, 3:29 pm

Limiting myself to 2 in this post:

1) What causes lower leaves on tomato plants to turn yellow and die?  I'm getting a few lower stems without flowers or fruit turning yellow along with their leaves on both my Sweet 100 cherry tomato and my Celebrity which are planted in adjoining squares.

2) What kind of Neem oil do you (you who use it) buy and where do you source it?  I'm thinking that I want to get some in; but when I searched Amazon and eBay and the wider web, I found a very confusing set of products in different formulations and sizes and widely divergent pricing.
rabbithutch
rabbithutch

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Empty Questions, Questions...

Post  GloriaG 6/4/2014, 5:59 pm

Hi rabbithutch,

Without a picture it's really hard to tell - however, we've been experiencing some really hot and humid weather in central TX recently.  Exactly the right weather for bacterial spot and fungus growth. 

Can you post a picture of the plants?  

I'm not partial to any specific brand when I'm using un-blended neem oil, just that it's 100% Neem Oil and "cold pressed".   I believe the one I have now is from Dyna-Gro.  But there are other good ones out there. 

Hope this helps.
Gloria
GloriaG

Female Posts : 440

http://www.laketrailstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Empty Re: Questions, Questions, Questions . . . Always Questions

Post  camprn 6/4/2014, 6:33 pm

rabbithutch wrote:Limiting myself to 2 in this post:

1) What causes lower leaves on tomato plants to turn yellow and die?  I'm getting a few lower stems without flowers or fruit turning yellow along with their leaves on both my Sweet 100 cherry tomato and my Celebrity which are planted in adjoining squares.
Lower leaves and stems of many plants naturally just expire, their usefulness and ability to photosynthesis wanes over time so the plant sloughs them off. Also the lower leaves and stems may simply become unhealthy for the same reason and then are at risk of becoming infected with disease because they are not healthy. These should be pruned off.
rabbithutch wrote:2) What kind of Neem oil do you (you who use it) buy and where do you source it?  I'm thinking that I want to get some in; but when I searched Amazon and eBay and the wider web, I found a very confusing set of products in different formulations and sizes and widely divergent pricing.
I don't use Neem.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Empty Re: Questions, Questions, Questions . . . Always Questions

Post  sanderson 6/5/2014, 2:27 am

Any Neem oil that is 100%, cold-pressed and from India. Can be kept in the refrigerated until needed. Dilute per directions and add a drop or 2 of soap as a surfactant. I looked on eBay and there are many available.
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions Empty Pics of Yellowing Tomato Plant Leaves

Post  rabbithutch 6/5/2014, 11:55 am

Is this natural, or do I have a problem that needs attention?  If the latter, what is the condition I need to treat and what is the treatment?

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions 5jun2010

Questions, Questions, Questions . . .  Always Questions 5jun2011
rabbithutch
rabbithutch

Male Posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down