Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Toplef10Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! I22gcj10Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Toplef10Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! I22gcj10Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Happy 2nd Anniversary Square Foot Gardening Forum!

+13
Josh
LittleGardener
newstart
curio
1airdoc
quiltbea
llama momma
Furbalsmom
lisaphoto
januaryX
camprn
gwennifer
RoOsTeR
17 posters

Go down

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Empty Happy 2nd Anniversary Square Foot Gardening Forum!

Post  RoOsTeR 2/29/2012, 9:51 pm

Happy 2nd anniversary SFG Forum! We have a great group of people here gathered from all over the world all sharing their knowledge and experiences with Square Foot Gardening. If you have ever wondered how the forum came to be here is a little history and how Alan came to create the forum:

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1005-square-foot-gardeners-helping-square-foot-gardeners-the-beginning-of-a-forum

When the forum was created in March of 2010, boffer formed an advisory panel that comprised of Wardinwake, TimWardell, Lavender Debs, and MCKR3441. Behind the scenes, they were able to offer a diverse perspective of creative ideas that eventually shaped the look and feel of the forum as we know it today. Once the forum was established and humming along smoothly, the panel was disbanded, and the Regional Hosts assumed the duties of forum monitors and feedback advisers to the forum's member administrator.

The original group of Regional Hosts: Ander 217, Blackrose, camprn, Shoda, LaFee, Farmer Valerie, Dizzy Gardener, Shannon1, Sir Travers, oahuSFG, Lavender Debs, Tim Wardell, MCKR3441, Old Hippie, Megan, BBG, deserve a big thanks for help shaping our great forum into what it is today.

Thank you to our current group of Regional Hosts: Martha, sfg4uKim, madnicmom, Staf74, Ha-v-v, ashort, PNG_Grandma and Outsideasy, Chopper, Furbalsmom, and our European host Plantoid. You all deserve a big pat on the back for all you do for our great forum. Our hosts write, organize, and maintain all the Rookie Topics, act as our welcoming committee for newcomers, and host the regions all across the country and Europe. They also answer many questions and keep monthly updates for their regions. Thanks again RH Staff Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802

I would also like to thank our forum moderator, camprn. Camprn is currently our sole forum moderator. She is the one who is responsible for keeping our forum safe and family friendly. She helps direct people in the right direction when they need help, or have questions. I am in awe sometimes at how good she is at finding old threads, links, and outstanding information on the web. She is also an exceptional and very knowledgeable gardener who can answer just about anything. Thanks Camp!! Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802

Also a big thank you to some behind the scenes members. First off WardinWake, our Vermiculite Database expert. We don't see him as much on the forums as we'd like, but he plays a key role in maintaining our forum and keeping our vermiculite database up to date. Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802

Gwennifer, thanks for all the time you have put in for organizing a team of volunteers, and working on our new photo gallery. It has been a huge undertaking and I thank you!! Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802

I would also like to thank boffer. He doesn't like to be in the lime light or receive the recognition he deserves, but boffer is a huge part of the reason this forum exists. He's the brains behind the scenes. Almost everything you see here on the forum, boffer has played a key role in getting it up and going. Boffer is our tech guy and genius. Thanks boffer! Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802

Also, thank you to our former members forum administrators, boffer and middlemamma.

Lastly I would like to thank Alan and the foundation for creating the forum so that all of us Sfg'ners have a place to call home.

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Empty Re: Happy 2nd Anniversary Square Foot Gardening Forum!

Post  RoOsTeR 2/29/2012, 9:55 pm

Some statistics for the forum:

Last year:

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 687_8010

Our forum statistics for this year:

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 5120267595

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Empty Re: Happy 2nd Anniversary Square Foot Gardening Forum!

Post  gwennifer 3/1/2012, 12:45 am

Hey Rooster, that was really cool! Neat history lesson. Thanks!

You deserve some major kudos yourself for taking over the admin job! Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802 (That's rootbeer in those mugs, right?)
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 3/1/2012, 7:46 am

I gotta slow down. Thanks for taking the time to put this together and sharing! NR You do a great job! THANKS for that!!! Very Happy

Last edited by camprn on 3/1/2012, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  januaryX 3/1/2012, 11:01 am

Thank you to volunteers past and present. The stats show impressive gains. Keep up the good work.
januaryX
januaryX

Back to top Go down

Post  lisaphoto 3/1/2012, 1:07 pm

I must have joined right after it started, but it already seemed to be a very happening forum
lisaphoto
lisaphoto

Female Posts : 361

http://www.MomentsToRememberPhotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom 3/1/2012, 1:13 pm

Thank you NR for taking the time to put all these statistics together, it is interesting to see the changes from the end of the first year.

A special thank you for taking on the job of admin.
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 3/1/2012, 3:09 pm

Thank you Rooster for sharing that info.
Thank you Mel for Square Foot Gardening and this forum and the volunteers. In addition to learning to grow my own veggies I've also learned about backyard composting and vermicomposting too.
All three aspects are very rewarding. It's all good! Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 3170584802
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 3/1/2012, 3:17 pm

Thank you everyone who contributed to this site. I just love it and visit it on a daily basis. I love having a place to come that deals specifically with SFG and where pictures can be shared and discussed.

Thank you!
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  1airdoc 3/1/2012, 3:26 pm

Thanks to all who share their experience and ideas here. I would have been discouraged last year with my first SFG attempt, but some wise suggestions kept me going, and resurrected my garden. Now I'm enthusiastically entering year 2 with my SFG, thanks to the forum.

Happy Birthday!
1airdoc
1airdoc

Male Posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! Empty Thank you

Post  curio 3/1/2012, 5:00 pm

Thank you to all who have been answering my many questions since I joined. This has quickly become one of my favorite "go to" places for answers in the short time I've been here.

So much KNOWLEDGE in such a compact area!!
curio
curio

Location : Maritime Pacific Northwest zone 8A/B with ugly heat scale

Back to top Go down

Post  newstart 3/1/2012, 5:04 pm

Happy anniversary.. Love this place lots of great information and people. look forward to much more
newstart
newstart

Female Posts : 335

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGardener 3/1/2012, 6:21 pm

Agreed with all of the above. Plus, when others say something that doesn't seem quite right, now I can say: "Listen, there are expert Smile gardeners, whose experience taught them this..." whatever. - Wow! if every Net-forum was as ripe with information incldg. pictures, and friendly Wink in sharing... what a different world this would be. You are all Smile the best!
LittleGardener
LittleGardener

Female Posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh 3/1/2012, 8:20 pm

WOW the worm tube post got the most views!

It's great to be here!!
Josh
Josh

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 741

http://greenesgardenthings.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 3/2/2012, 4:09 am

Josh wrote:WOW the worm tube post got the most views!

It's great to be here!!
Congrats Josh. Worms rule

Happy 2nd Anniversary  Square Foot Gardening Forum! 582897

yes thank you all for your very hard work. I love this place, we can say what we feel as long as we respect each other. We don't always agree on everything but if we did would we need a forum? You have all helped me so much and I look forward to hearing about your gardening adventures.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  Theresa 3/2/2012, 5:51 am

Congratulations to everyone for a 2nd year of creating a great forum where SFGers could get together from around the world and help each other, share their experiences and show off their gardens!
Thanks nKedrOoStEr for all you do!
Theresa

FOUNDER SFG forum 2009

certified SFG instructor

Female Posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post  PNG_Grandma 3/2/2012, 1:21 pm

Thanks so much from both of us...that would be Outsideasy, and me! Without this SFG Forum our Apollo Garden would not have had such success! Thanks to all of you behind the scenes, and everyone else too! Amazing bunch of folks who just like to get their hands dirty!!
happy hi
PNG_Grandma
PNG_Grandma

Female Posts : 297
Location : Modesto CA, Central Valley, USDA Zone 9b, Sunset 14, AHS Heat Zone 8, whew!

Back to top Go down

Post  Luci Dawson 3/2/2012, 7:30 pm

Although I may not always have time to comment, I do visit the Forum every day. And I've learned so much from all of you generous folks and those who keep things going behind the scenes!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Luci Dawson
Luci Dawson

Female Posts : 267

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down