Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? Toplef10Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? I22gcj10Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? Toplef10Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? I22gcj10Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by cyclonegardener Yesterday at 8:56 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:38 pm

» Vertical Zucchini
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:34 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 7/23/2024, 8:25 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by Scorpio Rising 7/22/2024, 1:33 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 7/20/2024, 11:02 am

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

» Hi from Lapeer Michigan
by Scorpio Rising 7/18/2024, 10:49 am

» Mel's Mix
by OhioGardener 7/16/2024, 1:40 pm

» Baker Creek Heirloom Whole Seed Catalog Pre-Order
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 4:00 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 1:01 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 7/9/2024, 2:23 pm

» Wasabi Radish
by markqz 7/8/2024, 10:14 pm

» Check out your local (seed) library !
by OhioGardener 7/8/2024, 11:45 am

» YIKES! I'm hosting uninvited guests in my squash...
by tappingmom 7/3/2024, 9:43 am

» Baked Eggplant
by OhioGardener 7/2/2024, 7:45 am

» N&C Midwest—June 2024
by nrstooge 7/1/2024, 7:48 am

» Epic Gardening "Master Class on Square Food Gardening"
by sanderson 6/26/2024, 10:03 pm

» Growing Tomatoes in 6" of soil?
by sanderson 6/25/2024, 4:21 pm

» Frequency/amount to water
by OhioGardener 6/22/2024, 5:34 pm

» Rhubarb Tom Collins
by DonP 6/19/2024, 2:10 pm

» Change email address
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 2:00 am

» Howdy from San Diego, CA
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 12:49 am

» Getting Started
by Turan 6/18/2024, 12:58 pm

» Turan's Garden Western Mountains and Plains
by Scorpio Rising 6/18/2024, 11:49 am

» Question about replenishing squares after harvest
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 6/17/2024, 12:14 am

» My NWA garden
by Guinevere 6/13/2024, 11:13 am

» creating grids
by plantoid 6/13/2024, 6:42 am

» SFG jOURNEY-What's Hiding in your organic fertilizer
by has55 6/13/2024, 12:40 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken??

3 posters

Go down

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? Empty Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken??

Post  Laurie Lou 2/13/2012, 5:16 pm

I think (perhaps only wishfully) that it should be possible to use orange marmalade as the base for orange chicken sauce. Have any of you tried using your own canned fruits in sauces or marinades?
Laurie Lou
Laurie Lou

Female Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? Empty Re: Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken??

Post  PeonyLover 2/13/2012, 6:41 pm

Absolutely. I mix it with Thai chili sauce and pour it over chicken-Yum! Here is a simple recipe for orange chicken. If your want it like restaurant kind bread and fry the chunks of chicken before putting sauce on.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons honey mustard (or Dijon)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions

Cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
Over medium heat, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons honey mustard in a frying pan. Add the cut up chicken.
Let it cook (it won’t take very long) while you’re mixing up the sauce, stirring around a little bit so all of the pieces are evenly cooked.
Combine the rest of the ingredients together.
Add this to the cooked chicken. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken even with the lid on. If it’s not thick enough for you, remove the lid and let some liquid evaporate.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
PeonyLover
PeonyLover

Female Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? Empty Sides for Marmalade Orange Chicken Recipe

Post  Laurie Lou 2/14/2012, 11:19 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick recipe reply! I grew up eating beans, peas, corn and an occasional zucchini--accompanied by a potato dish (unless it was soup and then we had saltines). What are some of the side dishes that you serve with this? I have been trying to find seeds for snow peas or bok choy or nappa cabbage and any of the other huge array of Asian veggies, but I am having no luck. Any suggestions of where to shop? Hee, hee, this is going to be way too fun for me to finally have friends who also like to garden.
Laurie Lou
Laurie Lou

Female Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken?? Empty Re: Orange marmalade for Orange Chicken??

Post  Lindacol 2/14/2012, 11:49 pm

Laurie Lou wrote:Wow, thanks for the quick recipe reply! I grew up eating beans, peas, corn and an occasional zucchini--accompanied by a potato dish (unless it was soup and then we had saltines). What are some of the side dishes that you serve with this? I have been trying to find seeds for snow peas or bok choy or nappa cabbage and any of the other huge array of Asian veggies, but I am having no luck. Any suggestions of where to shop? Hee, hee, this is going to be way too fun for me to finally have friends who also like to garden.

Home Depot has Asian vegetable seeds(my local store had them in stock yesterday):

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?keyword=asian+vegetables&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  PeonyLover 2/22/2012, 1:56 pm

Laurie lou,
Your welcome! I have been learning to cook Asian food over this past year. I'm certainly no expert, but we don't need to order out anymore and more importantly I know whats in it. lol We like our Orange Chicken with Vegetable Potstickers, Jasmine rice, and Miso soup (I use a mix for this) but here are the recipes I use. The Potstickers take a little practice and my first batch was not pretty, but tasted great. Also make the whole batch and freeze the ones you don't use (before cooking) that way you have them on hand (I cook them the same way from frozen just let them steam longer). The nice thing about the potstickers is you really can use any greens you want I've used broccoli greens, beet greens and all types of cabbage. It's a great way to not waste any of the plant and when you mix in the sweetness of the carrots and the onion (I've also used all types) you can get some great flavors and nutrition.

Potstickers:
Ingredients:
1 red onion , sliced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
1 cup white cabbage , shredded
1 cup carrot , shredded
1 cup chopped garlic sprouts or 1 cup chives
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 package wonton skins , also called gyoza
salt
canola oil
Directions:
1. In a wok or large sauté pan, add a little oil and sauté onions and ginger.
2. Add the mushrooms and stir.
3. Add the cabbage, carrots and chives.
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper and red pepper (optional)
5. When mixture is soft, place in colander to drain.
6. Add the sesame oil and cilantro when mixture is cooled.
7. Using the gyoza skins, make half moon dumplings keeping the bottom flat.
8. In a hot non-stick pan, coat with oil and place dumplings.
9. When bottom gets brown, add 1/4 cup of water and immediately cover.
10. Carefully watch the dumplings and completely evaporate the water so that the bottom
gets crispy again and sticks to the pot.
11. Serve hot with soy sauce and vinegar for dipping

Sunomono (cucumber salad)
Ingredients:
2 medium cucumbers, or 1 large English cucumber
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions:
1.Peel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise; scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Using a food processor or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
2.Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve. Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.

PeonyLover
PeonyLover

Female Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down