Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 Toplef10Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 I22gcj10Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 Toplef10Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 I22gcj10Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener Today at 8:05 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:08 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 Yesterday at 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:34 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:31 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid Tue May 14, 2024 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson Sun May 12, 2024 2:34 am

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson Fri May 10, 2024 2:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Thu May 09, 2024 12:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener Tue May 07, 2024 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Mon May 06, 2024 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Sun May 05, 2024 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Sat May 04, 2024 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising Wed May 01, 2024 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Wed May 01, 2024 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST

+13
littlejo
jpatti
quiltbea
EatYourVeggies
Furbalsmom
AranMC
tomperrin
RoOsTeR
camprn
Mamachibi
Chopper
GWN
sfg4uKim
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 Empty Re: Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST

Post  plantoid Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 pm

I've played for a few hours learning how to use MS excel and word to get these sheets for my seed planners/cropping.
I got the finished product and took it to office world where they printed out 20 for me on some thick paper. As the years progressed i noticed it could be better and the picture in the link are the latest version

To get all my seeds down and in the right order with the right informationneded for sowing etc i also used an Excel sheet
this ended up with three work books for veg , flowers & herbs i printed these lists as A4 in alphabetical order , heat sealed them ,then hand wrote the info on the planner which is A3 size

The latest sheets are printed at home on our variable sized paper printer , done on A3 ) We purchased it when our five year old colour laser printer was going to cost an arm and a leg to put four new toners in it.

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 Plannersampveg006

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 Plannersampveg005

Any one want a copy to play with..... drop me a PM

The best thing about this way is that i only have to adjust things onn the seed lists when they have run out and I've purchased new seds . Once I have the master planner to my liking I'll save it & my seed list on the cloud storage bank offered by my antivirus supplier .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4097

Back to top Go down

Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST - Page 2 Empty Re: Organizing your PLANTING / HARVEST

Post  CindiLou Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 am

littlejo wrote:Thanks Kim
I think I will order this, glad it is spiral bound. Wish the SFG book was spiral bound too. I'm going to look for other good or gardening books to order, to maybe get to the free shipping limit on Amazon.
Jo

You can go to an office shop and they will bind your books! I have done it with ANSFG and the old one and several others. On the list to do Monday with my new ones. Costs me about $3 a book at most.
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejo Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 am

Thanks for reminding me of that! I remember someone mentioning the binding and was going to and then had another senior moment.

I just looked at your temp and mine and its colder here! We are finally having some winter here. All my fruit trees and flowering pears are already blooming. Prob. will lose the fruit this yr.
Jo
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemonie Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Ok, hats off to all of you very organized nerds! praise I can see why your gardens do so well. cheers

Now, this free spirit is not nearly as organized. jocolor
I print out my garden plan layout, start seeds indoors (and some winter sowing outside this year) around Valentine's weekend, look outside and say to myself "hmmm, I think spring will be early this year," plant all brassicas/herbs/onions/garlic with extra to share with family if the plants survive (or force them into "extra spots"). Smile I do write the date I started the seeds on my plant markers and then pencil in the expected harvest date on my kitchen calendar.

About early/mid April, I start everything else in the garden from seed and cover most w/ milk jugs or plastic till mid May-ish.
afro
Lemonie
Lemonie

Female Posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 am

Lemonie wrote:Ok, hats off to all of you very organized nerds! praise I can see why your gardens do so well. cheers

Now, this free spirit is not nearly as organized. jocolor
I print out my garden plan layout, start seeds indoors (and some winter sowing outside this year) around Valentine's weekend, look outside and say to myself "hmmm, I think spring will be early this year," plant all brassicas/herbs/onions/garlic with extra to share with family if the plants survive (or force them into "extra spots"). Smile I do write the date I started the seeds on my plant markers and then pencil in the expected harvest date on my kitchen calendar.

About early/mid April, I start everything else in the garden from seed and cover most w/ milk jugs or plastic till mid May-ish.
afro

Nerds INDEED ! Laughing Laughing take a look at Billy Gates Laughing Laughing Nerd indeed Laughing Wink

Having a bit of fun and also being partly serious ... Does you haphazard unplanned method give you a succession of a wide variety of fresh food daily the whole year round or do you get your harvests a bit like lumpy watery custard ?
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4097

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunkinjean Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:17 pm

I also have to plan and organize my gardens since I will not remember what I planted yesterday or the location!
I also use Excel for one of my vegetable lists. Burpee.com has a calendar of planting according to your zip code/zone. I copied and pasted that to my Word and tweaked it accordingly.
I also use Excel which is really easy once you get over the intimidation of something new.
I try to keep my planning as simple as possible. For each of my boxes I list the vegetable, plant date and harvest date; each box has its own sheet.
For example this year:
Box #1 has tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and beets
Box #2 has peas, pole beans, lettuce, radish, spinach, edamame.
Box #3 has cucumber, watermelon, carrots, scallion, turnip, pumpkin, lettuce.
Next year I rotate the crops so that:
Box #1 has peas, pole beans, lettuce, etc.
Box #2 has cucumber, watermelon, etc.
Box #3 has tomatoes, peppers, etc.
So far this has worked for me. I also bring the sheets outside with me along with my pencil and mark any changes which I tend to do alot!
I say go with what works for you as long as it works!!
(I tried to post my plans but it wont let me.) :scratch:
Dunkinjean
Dunkinjean

Female Posts : 694

http://2jean@excite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2