Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 Toplef10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 I22gcj10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 Toplef10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 I22gcj10CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 9/5/2024, 6:37 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 9/5/2024, 2:01 pm

» adding compost yearly
by sanderson 9/5/2024, 2:16 am

» N & C Midwest: September 2024
by Scorpio Rising 9/4/2024, 9:30 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 9/2/2024, 3:10 pm

» N & C Midwest: August 2024
by OhioGardener 8/31/2024, 8:13 pm

» Spinning Compost Bin-need some ideas
by middlemamma 8/30/2024, 2:04 am

» Article - Create a Seed Library to Share the Extras
by OhioGardener 8/26/2024, 4:09 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 8/23/2024, 8:13 pm

» Best Tasting Parthenocarpic Cucumber?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 7:07 pm

» Pest Damage
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 11:24 am

» Winter Squash Arch
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 8/21/2024, 8:02 am

» Master Gardeners: Growing Your Own Blueberries
by OhioGardener 8/19/2024, 10:09 am

» Looking for a local source for transplants.... Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:26 am

» Hi, y'all. I'm new to everything in Sarasota, FL
by sanderson 8/19/2024, 3:21 am

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 8/14/2024, 5:47 pm

» Hi from N. Georgia
by AtlantaMarie 8/13/2024, 8:57 am

» Hello from Atlanta, Georgia
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:09 am

» growing tomatoes from seed outside
by sanderson 8/13/2024, 3:05 am

» 15-Minute Garlic Sautéed Eggplant
by Scorpio Rising 8/12/2024, 7:25 pm

» Downsizing Gardens for the Autumn of our lives
by Hollysmac 8/6/2024, 10:37 pm

» Golden Beets
by Scorpio Rising 8/6/2024, 7:03 pm

» Hi all!
by sanderson 8/6/2024, 12:56 am

» DIY Tomato Trellis for Birdie's Tall Raised beds
by sanderson 8/6/2024, 12:48 am

» Got zucchini? Toot your own horn!
by OhioGardener 8/5/2024, 9:17 am

» Compost not hot
by Aintyergrandpaschickenpoo 8/5/2024, 8:29 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by nrstooge 8/1/2024, 6:57 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:38 pm

» Vertical Zucchini
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:34 pm

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY 2019

+3
AtlantaMarie
trolleydriver
Kelejan
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY 2019

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/22/2019, 9:06 pm

I don’t know how this all works, Kelejan...but I am sure someone will step up and be there for Pal...I love you
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8805

Back to top Go down

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY 2019

Post  Kelejan 5/22/2019, 9:26 pm

trolleydriver wrote:Kelejan is heading to England to meet up with her newly found family members. I got confirmation today that my half-sister, whom I discovered last year, is coming from England to visit us in Ottawa at the end of June. It's going to be quite an experience.  Very Happy

Yes, TD, it is going to be an interesting time for us both.  I am so looking forward to my trip.  Give my best wishes to your half-sister and I will give yours to my half-brother, except I always think of him as my brother.

Last edited by Kelejan on 5/26/2019, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6009

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/22/2019, 9:32 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:I don’t know how this all works, Kelejan...but I am sure someone will step up and be there for Pal...I love you

He will be looked after, Scorpio but it is out of my hands now.  I know he will not be happy, but he will be housed,fed and safe.  Only he will not know that I am coming back and will no doubt think he has been abandoned.  I hope he can forgive me but in some ways I hope some one else will take him if I decide to go to live in England.

That is one thing that I am unhappy about. Sad
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/26/2019, 5:11 pm

Once more loads of rain over the past weekend that dampened all the activities going on in our small town. The farmers market only had a few stalls due to the relentless rain, the same with the plant sale at the other end of the town.  Our town is long and skinny with one main road about 4 kms long and a very few extra ones at each end, think of it as an elongated barbell.

The Farmers' Market is at one end in the Down Town, and the Complex is at the other end as what we are calling Uptown.  Always a bus or a car needed to go from one end to the other.  It used to be two communities, Castlegar and Kinnaird then joined and eventually became  the City of Castlegar.  I must admit it amused when I first came here from England, as in England a city meant that it had a Cathedral.

Just looked up the meaning of City. Brit: (strictly) a town created created a city by charter and containing a cathedral.  I realise I no longer live in England. Very Happy

Anyway, the grass needs cutting again and I will wait for the rain to stop and the grass to dry, hopefully before it grows another six inches.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/30/2019, 7:10 pm

Interesting historical note, there.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21603

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/30/2019, 7:35 pm

KJ in less than four weeks my half-sister whom I have have never met will arrive here in Ottawa.  Exciting times await us as we get acquainted with our "new" family members.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5388

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/30/2019, 9:37 pm

trolleydriver wrote:KJ in less than four weeks my half-sister whom I have have never met will arrive here in Ottawa.  Exciting times await us as we get acquainted with our "new" family members.

TD, we are living in times that neither of us would ever dream of when we were young, that we could meet new members of our family that we never new existed due to the mores of society that made some of us pariahs through no fault of our own.

In my case not even knowing my own name or who I was, from having a loving foster family who looked on me as their own daughter, to finding out that now I am known to both sides of family and that from June 25th to July 29th I will meet with more members of my maternal family that I have never met before plus catching up with others I have not seen for twenty years, and then several members of my paternal family for the very first time through the discovery of DNA and who are waiting to  welcome me with open arms.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 6/4/2019, 3:02 pm

Yes, exciting times await both of you. hyper

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 Empty CANDIAN REGION what are you doing in JUNE 2019

Post  Kelejan 6/4/2019, 6:08 pm

sanderson wrote:Yes, exciting times await both of you.  hyper

In three weeks time I will be met at Manchester Airport. Time is flying by and I hope I will be ready.

I been working in the garden, mowing the lawn and trying to cut down the brush that has grown another foot in two days, at least that is what it seems like.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing MAY  2019 - Page 2 Empty CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in JUNE 2019

Post  Kelejan 6/4/2019, 6:12 pm

Kelejan wrote:
sanderson wrote:Yes, exciting times await both of you.  hyper

In three weeks time I will be met at Manchester Airport. Time is flying by and I hope I will be ready.

I been working in the garden, mowing the lawn and trying to cut down the brush that has grown another foot in two days, at least that is what it seems like.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 6/4/2019, 6:39 pm

KJ ... Manchester is close to where my people live in Stoke-on-Trent.

Last edited by trolleydriver on 6/4/2019, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/4/2019, 8:45 pm

trolleydriver wrote:KJ ... Manchester is close to where my people live in Stone-on-Trent.

Do you mean Stoke-on-Trent, TD?
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 6/4/2019, 8:49 pm

Kelejan wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:KJ ... Manchester is close to where my people live in Stone-on-Trent.

Yes, exactly.  I fixed it now in my original post.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/4/2019, 8:54 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
Kelejan wrote:

Didn't mean to be so picky, TD.  Just showing off my native knowledge. 

What day is your sister travelling, we might be passing by each other in our respective planes. I do change planes at Toronto, going and coming.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 6/4/2019, 9:05 pm

Kelejan wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:
Kelejan wrote:

Didn't mean to be so picky, TD.  Just showing off my native knowledge. 

What day is your sister travelling, we might be passing by each other in our respective planes. I do change planes at Toronto, going and coming.
She arrives on the 26th direct Heathrow to Ottawa.

Glad you told me about the Stoke spelling.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/4/2019, 11:34 pm

TD, by the 26th I will be  somewhere in Yorkshire, England's largest county for about ten days then make my way down the country to Greater London where I meet my brother and his family.  So exciting.  Very Happy 

Give my best wishes to your new sister and that all goes well with you both.
BIG hug
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/13/2019, 10:48 am

Yesterday and the day before I was able to find some time in the garden to mow all the grass, and trimming down some of the long grass that has taken advantage of some wet weather, and i feel TIRED.  So many things to do, health insurance and plane tickets, done, British Pounds, done, photographs of my life, partway done, learning how to use the Tablet, somewhat lost, but I can email and take photos and I hope on my holiday that I will able to pick everyones' brains, after all, they are all younger than I and it would be great if they treated me as a four-year-old for learning.

I really miss the convenience of a car for getting things done.  Yesterday I missed the bus as the bus by the skin of my teeth, but on returning to the Seniors' Centre I was offered a lift by one of the men there who remembered me from twenty years ago when I lived in Robson, just outside Castlegar, so I was home before the time I would have if I had used the bus. But I had made a 100 yard dash but the bus driver did not look in his mirror, I was that close.

Over the past months, from finding my  citizenship card, to filling in my passport application all took far longer that it should.  Then problems with the Visa card, sorted out now. It has taken me months, and now the time is racing by  and everything is ready.  My Itinerary is complete and there are no gaps.  I am  being taken everywhere so I do not have to travel alone, and I have somewhere to sleep every night.  I may even have to sneak away for an hour or two so that I can have some alone time. :-) but then someone would be sure to send out a search party.

What I find exciting is that so many members of each family will be connecting again, some who have not seen each other for some years, and also some new connections between the two sides of my family.  I will be making a list of everyone I meet, and sort them into new people of  either side, the ones who I have met before, and any new ones that I did not know exist

I will be taking photographs with me. particularly of the 1992 holiday my mother and sister spent here in Canada. Plus pictures of my early life for my new brother to see.

So, my dear gardener friends, I will be off a week on Monday and will be home on July 30th. I wonder how high my grass will, how may  apples on the tree or on the ground?  Is the house still there? Will Pal forgive me?
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 6/14/2019, 7:45 am

I'm SO excited for you, KJ! Please do check in from time to time.... And have lots of fun!!!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5597

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 6/22/2019, 4:22 am

Oh, no! I think I am too late to say good bye.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 6/22/2019, 11:28 am

sanderson wrote:Oh, no!  I think I am too late to say good bye.

I am still here, sanderson, I leave home at 5am my time on Monday. Updates will be  be on the ancestry thread.

I will no, doubt, do a report on gardening when I get back as I will be looking into the gardening habits of all my relations and plugging for SFG. and trying in particular with my brother's garden which is smaller than mine, and who is a lover of fresh vegetables and really does eat his veggies and doe the cooking himself.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2