Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
My garden images - India - Page 2 Toplef10My garden images - India - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

My garden images - India - Page 2 I22gcj10My garden images - India - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N&C Midwest: August 2020
by OhioGardener Today at 8:26 pm

» Tomato Mosaic Virus...Fearing the Worst :(
by AuntieBeth Today at 5:03 pm

» Hardcore Sustainability - Urban Homesteading
by TCgardening Today at 4:22 pm

» The SFG journey-Overview of the Redesign Compost Tea Brewer
by OhioGardener Today at 11:32 am

» Tampa newbie
by TCgardening Today at 9:11 am

» Hello Usman from Pakistan
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:47 pm

» Pull Bean Plants to Pick Beans?
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» Safety of cardboard in compost
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» Succession seed sowing now
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Hello from southern Wisconsin
by AtlantaMarie Yesterday at 6:07 am

» Stroke - Country Naturals
by countrynaturals 8/4/2020, 7:28 pm

» Cheerleaders needed, please. This is daunting.
by mollyhespra 8/4/2020, 2:19 pm

» Almost 68, and this is a new one on me !!!!
by sanderson 8/4/2020, 2:06 pm

» SFG Journey: Beneficial nematodes experiment
by has55 8/4/2020, 1:01 pm

» New England, August, 2020
by SFGHQSTAFF 8/4/2020, 4:18 am

» Newbie SFGer in N. Virginia needing some advice
by SFGHQSTAFF 8/4/2020, 3:19 am

» Earwigs 2.0!
by OhioGardener 8/3/2020, 2:52 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 8/3/2020, 12:56 pm

» N&C Midwest—July 2020
by Scorpio Rising 8/3/2020, 12:40 pm

» Tomato Problems - Help!
by Dan in Ct 8/3/2020, 8:33 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by Scorpio Rising 8/2/2020, 8:03 pm

» August Avatar: Beat The Heat!
by Scorpio Rising 8/2/2020, 9:01 am

» Staking Eggplants and Peppers
by sanderson 8/1/2020, 7:46 pm

» Tom Thumb
by sanderson 8/1/2020, 7:19 pm

» What's next? - August
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 4:47 pm

» Tomato Tuesday - 2020
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 4:40 pm

» Sprouts and Microgreens
by LilBittyBean 8/1/2020, 4:14 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 2:37 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 8/1/2020, 11:29 am

» Greetings all!
by Scorpio Rising 8/1/2020, 8:58 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

My garden images - India

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/7/2017, 11:40 pm

@Avinash wrote:Yes RT. Actually I have fabricated iron stand for containers on outer side of my balcony walls in L shape. width is about 2 feet and length is say 20+feet on one wall and 6+ feet on other side.. Similarly extended my window grills to accommodate few plants I will try to post actual photos today evening.
That will be great. I like the building of the boxes, stands, etc as much as growing the plants.
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1275
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 3:59 am

@ralitaco wrote:
@Avinash wrote:Yes RT. Actually I have fabricated iron stand for containers on outer side of my balcony walls in L shape. width is about 2 feet and length is say 20+feet on one wall and 6+ feet on other side.. Similarly extended my window grills to accommodate few plants I will try to post actual photos today evening.
That will be great. I like the building of the boxes, stands, etc as much as growing the plants.
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2023
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2024
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2025
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2026
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2027
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 4:08 am

4 the image is recent addition (rather encroachment- it's my brother's terrace) to my garden-around 200sft.  I will be planting some tomatoes, peppers and few other plants there. Making bed for some leafy greens. Work in progress!
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/8/2017, 8:30 am

WOW!!! You have done a great job utilizing your limited space. I bet when all your plants fill out with leaves and fruits that your balcony looks like an oasis in the sky from the ground.


@Avinash wrote:
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2025
Is that a waterfall in the background or is the light playing tricks?
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1275
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  MBroman on 4/8/2017, 8:46 am

You mentioned maybe not being able to use/grow your pumpkin seeds?
I had a limited garden space a few years back and one thing I tried with pumpkins was a trellis. It worked reasonably well. 

It looks like you have some metal bracing available, perhaps you could try trellising a pumpkin near one of your metal railings? You might want to support the fruit (pumpkin) with cloth tied to the trellis once it is large enough to fit in the palm of your hand (swaddle it in a sling). However, I've known other gardeners that do not sling or swaddle their pumpkins and the vine grows strong enough to support the weight of a 20lb pumpkin. Wow!

Beautiful work, Avinash! Lovely garden.
MBroman
MBroman

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-03-31
Location : SW Ohio; Zone 5b-6

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 9:57 am

@ralitaco wrote:WOW!!! You have done a great job utilizing your limited space. I bet when all your plants fill out with leaves and fruits that your balcony looks like an oasis in the sky from the ground.


@Avinash wrote:
My garden images - India - Page 2 Img_2025
Is that a waterfall in the background or is the light playing tricks?
Thanks. It's light playing the trick.
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 10:09 am

@MBroman wrote:
You mentioned maybe not being able to use/grow your pumpkin seeds?
I had a limited garden space a few years back and one thing I tried with pumpkins was a trellis. It worked reasonably well. 

It looks like you have some metal bracing available, perhaps you could try trellising a pumpkin near one of your metal railings? You might want to support the fruit (pumpkin) with cloth tied to the trellis once it is large enough to fit in the palm of your hand (swaddle it in a sling). However, I've known other gardeners that do not sling or swaddle their pumpkins and the vine grows strong enough to support the weight of a 20lb pumpkin. Wow!

Beautiful work, Avinash! Lovely garden.
Thanks Mbroman!
Yes! I will be trying pumpkin/squash on trellis-in that additional place of about 200 sft photographed above. I have collected bamboo poles and overall setup is in progress. Will update accordingly
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  sanderson on 4/8/2017, 9:28 pm

Avinash, You have been very creative and successful growing on the third floor. I even see a cantaloupe (melon).

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 19135
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/9/2017, 12:19 am

Thanks Sanderson! This musk melon volunteered in my Tomato container and I let it grow. Now about to mature.
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/9/2017, 12:22 pm

There is just something about a volunteer plant that makes me want to let it grow. I mean, it did most of the hard work already. thus my 120+ pumpkin sprouts/seedlings I just put in seed trays. Razz
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1275
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/10/2017, 5:06 am

@ralitaco wrote:There is just something about a volunteer plant that makes me want to let it grow. I mean, it did most of the hard work already. thus my 120+ pumpkin sprouts/seedlings I just put in seed trays. Razz
That's huge!  Rolling Eyes
Avinash
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

Back to top Go down

My garden images - India - Page 2 Empty Re: My garden images - India

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum