Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:08 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 Yesterday at 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:34 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:31 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson 5/10/2024, 2:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 12:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+57
farmersgranddaughter
countrynaturals
donnainzone5
Scorpio Rising
trolleydriver
Turan
plantoid
has55
Kelejan
SQWIB
yolos
DorothyG
No_Such_Reality
TinySpock
21Actual
LizDTM
brianj555
CrazyArtist
dixie
Abiqua Ike
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Fiz
hammock gal
Sweetmama
SwampTroll
Zmoore
Mimi2
Robbomb116
meatburner
mlpii66
AlwaysHotinFL
JohnKelly
Banned Member
TCgardening
recoush
RC3291
ralitaco
GWN
Ginger Blue
reynajrainwater
p14shooter
herblover
Cajun Cappy
MrBooker
bigdogrock
newbeone
BeetlesPerSqFt
littlejo
MeghanSTL
llama momma
CitizenKate
CapeCoddess
kauairosina
walshevak
Mellen
camprn
RoOsTeR
61 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 8/20/2017, 9:13 pm

It was "only" supposed to be 104 today. It topped out at 108 at least. Mad At least the sky has cleared up so we aren't breathing smokey air anymore.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 8/21/2017, 11:16 am

The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/21/2017, 12:06 pm

countrynaturals wrote:The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
This will not improve your mood CN but here in Ottawa the sky is blue and the air is super clear. Expecting 86F for the high temp and we are in the 62% eclipse zone.  Very Happy
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/21/2017, 2:31 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
This will not improve your mood CN but here in Ottawa the sky is blue and the air is super clear. Expecting 86F for the high temp and we are in the 62% eclipse zone.  Very Happy
Them's fighting words fer shure, TD. PUT UP YOUR DUKES! How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 671790
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/21/2017, 3:19 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:
Them's fighting words fer shure, TD. PUT UP YOUR DUKES! How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 671790

We need a referee.  Maybe Sanderson would agree to step in.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 J9MoNPG7JGEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/21/2017, 8:19 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:

We need a referee.  Maybe Sanderson would agree to step in.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 J9MoNPG7JGEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
It didn't get as hot today, and the air quality is supposed to improve, so my mood is lifting a little. Maybe I won't have to hit anyone after all. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 8/22/2017, 12:32 am

Today we had bright blue skies for the Solar Eclipse then this after noon the smoke returned.  I did some outside work in the morning that lifted my spirits. Smile
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/22/2017, 9:32 am

Yet another of this Summer's many thunderstorms is passing through.  I could hear what sounded like hail hitting the windows. When I looked out to the SFG I could see the largest of my Canada Crookneck Squash swinging wildly in the wind from it's perch on the megatrellis.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dixie 8/22/2017, 9:51 am

Hot and humid, in the 90's, but we had totally clear skies yesterday for the eclipse & were at 100% totality.  It was amazing.
dixie
dixie

Female Posts : 814

http://www.dixiedazzle.net

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/22/2017, 1:10 pm

Oh Yikes!!!

We are now under another tornado watch. The sky just opened up and we are getting yet another absolutely torrential downpour. We have had an unbelievable non-summer. 

Cooler temperatures are in the forecast for the next six days with highs around 70F and lows down to 46F but mostly around 50F.  Cool weather crops will like it but the summer hot crops will struggle. Currently 81F.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/22/2017, 1:54 pm

trolleydriver wrote:Oh Yikes!!!

We are now under another tornado watch. The sky just opened up and we are getting yet another absolutely torrential downpour. We have had an unbelievable non-summer. 

Cooler temperatures are in the forecast for the next six days with highs around 70F and lows down to 46F but mostly around 50F.  Cool weather crops will like it but the summer hot crops will struggle. Currently 81F.
Geez! You've had a "non-summer" and we've had a "super summer." Looking at another week of triple-digits. We aren't just breaking the record, we're shattering it. Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/22/2017, 5:06 pm

We just got the third of a wave of storms pass through our area today. It took down a branch off a tall evergreen that straddles our front lawn and the property next door. I took a video from our front door and stored it on Cloudinary.  Not sure if it will show up.

http://res.cloudinary.com/ducw4nkyw/video/upload/v1503435612/MVI_4546_k5sxch.avi
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 8/22/2017, 5:18 pm

Wow TD, that is some wind and rain!
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 8/22/2017, 5:56 pm

TD, I saw the weather forecast on TV this morning and I said a little prayer for you.  I guess it did not work.  Could access your link, my firefox could not cope, but I expect I will see your weather on the news later.

Could we not get together and sort of average out our weather? At least with regard to rain and wind. Sad
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/22/2017, 7:22 pm

Kelejan wrote:Could we not get together and sort of average out our weather? At least with regard to rain and wind. Sad
And heat? Count me in. Razz
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/25/2017, 4:44 pm

10 more days of triple-digits with 5 of them 105 or higher. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 671790
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/27/2017, 10:29 am

countrynaturals wrote:10 more days of triple-digits with 5 of them 105 or higher. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 671790
I can't believe this is happening, but our weather is actually getting worse. We now have several days of 110 and 111 ahead of us and still no end to it. I am seriously worried about the chickens and the redwoods. The fate of my gardens isn't even a consideration when compared to the human and environmental impact of this horrible weather, and our situation compared to what's going on in Texas . . . I can't find words for it. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/27/2017, 4:50 pm

It's really going to cool off here in a few days. There is an overnight temp of 43F forecast for Thursday night.

Hi/Lo temps:

Monday - 77/52 F
Tuesday - 75/50
Wednesday - 75/55
Thursday - 64/43  LOOK OUT BELOW !!! Shiver !!!
Friday - 66/45

I may have to change my Avatar to
  How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 22 5bu5ap
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/27/2017, 9:46 pm

Nice, dry.  Actually skipped a week mowing this past week....but the weeds are still growing, so will have to mow next week....had to add water to the pool.  Seasonal and summery today.  Rain in the forecast, which we need.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/31/2017, 8:08 am

Tomorrow (Friday) we will be taking a two hour drive to Barry's Bay, Ontario for the funeral of our DIL's mother. I checked the weather and this is the forecast for tonight: "Low plus 1 with patchy frost".  Plus 1 Celsius is 33.8F.  Frost ... Yikes!

On Friday night my SFG will endure a low of +4C (39F).  Me no like.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/31/2017, 12:06 pm

Safe journey and blessings for your family.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21562

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 8/31/2017, 12:16 pm

trolleydriver wrote:I checked the weather and this is the forecast for tonight: "Low plus 1 with patchy frost".  Plus 1 Celsius is 33.8F.  Frost ... Yikes!

Gnarley, dude! It could snow, fercryingoutloud.
Mad Will you cover?
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/31/2017, 12:27 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:I checked the weather and this is the forecast for tonight: "Low plus 1 with patchy frost".  Plus 1 Celsius is 33.8F.  Frost ... Yikes!

Gnarley, dude! It could snow, fercryingoutloud.
Mad   Will you cover?
CC ... I'm not covering. I'll take a chance. The "patchy frost" forecast is for Barry's Bay. Today I'll bring in the Okra and Bell Peppers (all two of them)  rofl.

Sanderson ... thanks for your comment. Appreciated.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/31/2017, 2:01 pm

Hotter and smokier here. Another new fire to worry about -- closer to us and 0% contained, but no threat to our area. Homes lost, however.  Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 9/1/2017, 8:11 am

Here in Ottawa we just set a record cold temp for September 1 since temperature readings started to be taken.

Tonight is forecast to be even colder .. down to 3 Celsius 37.4F with a risk of frost. This could be the last day for some of my cold sensitive crops.  We have had a lost Summer and now an early frost is possible.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next