Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod Toplef10Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod I22gcj10Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod Toplef10Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod I22gcj10Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising 3/27/2024, 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod

4 posters

Go down

Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod Empty Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod

Post  ralitaco 6/26/2016, 6:21 pm

I was driving down the Interstate in coastal NC and caught a glimpse of a billboard for a compost from SuperSod. I pulled up the SuperSod webpage and under products saw their link for SOIL3 compost (pronounced Soil Cubed):
Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod Supers11
From their Soil3.com website, they state that "Soil3 is 100% organic compost comprised of grass clippings from our sod farm, wheat straw from our farm, and cow manure from a local dairy. We compost using a high heat method (160º) and add mycorrhizea. Beneficial microorganisms naturally colonize the compost as part of the process."

Sounds like this product could be 3 of the 5 materials for the blended compost. Their website and some videos indicate that their compost is screened and is the texture of coffee grinds.
Here is one that is 1:24 and shows a bit of how they make their product.

They also have an 18 minute agronomy video that I found interesting. It not only explained why they came up with their Soil3 product, but it also had some good general information too.

This product is sold in the southeast US (GA, FL, NC & SC) and may be very beneficial for those folks that are just starting out with SFG and need a lot of compost or for those that don't or can't compost.

They sell it in .5 cu ft bags for $7 or in a Cubic yard for $162 ($6/cu ft) with free delivery in a limited area.

I am not sure if I have a SuperSod near where I live but I am going to be in the Charlotte area and plan on picking up a couple of bags to check it out.

***I am a bit confused by some of the information on the soil3 page. There is a link to bigyellowbag.com. They have locations all over the US and Canada. However, I do not believe all the other areas sell the compost. I believe they sell their own soil. I am thinking that BYB is transport side of S3's product. I will try to find out when I go by the SS store this week.

Maybe some others have heard of either Soil3 or BYB and can chime in.
I am not endorsing this product in any way shape or form but if it is a quality product, it may be helpful.
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1312

Back to top Go down

Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod Empty Re: Soil3 Humus Compost by SuperSod

Post  yolos 6/26/2016, 10:44 pm

Yes, I have heard of BYB (Big Yellow Bag).  The guy that does out irrigation repairs for the sprinkler system for our lawn is going to sod around our new driveway.  He is going to use BYB and my daughter asked him to bring an extra yard for me to use.  I googled BYB and ended up on a Soil 3 website so I think it is the same thing.  Looks good.  The irrigation guy did say that if I use it to make soil for a new bed that I should mix it with 50% sand.  I don't know about that but I will do some more research before doing any mixing.

I watched the video above and one of the captions says they now bag the compost in Big Yellow Bags.  So Soil 3 is also Big Yellow Bag.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  ralitaco 6/27/2016, 12:31 am

yolos wrote:I watched the video above and one of the captions says they now bag the compost in Big Yellow Bags.  So Soil 3 is also Big Yellow Bag.
I saw that too.
On the BYB site, this is how they described their soil:
BigYellowBag& Black Garden Soil is comprised of a combination of black loam, peat loam, very-well-decomposed manure and a touch of mineral soil. These ingredients encourage microbial activity, which aid in plant growth. This soil is specially blended to enrich and balance the local soil conditions found in each BigYellowBag® area. Approximately one cubic yard in size, the bags can yield enough soil for the average home’s use.

and this is how Soil3's site describes theirs:
Soil3 is 100% organic compost comprised of grass clippings from our sod farm, wheat straw from our farm, and cow manure from a local dairy.

Since they list such different "ingredients" that's why I wonder if soil 3 is only using BYB for transport.

ralitaco
ralitaco

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 6/27/2016, 3:04 am

ralitaco wrote:. . . From their Soil3.com website, they state that "Soil3 is 100% organic compost comprised of grass clippings from our sod farm, wheat straw from our farm, and cow manure from a local dairy. We compost using a high heat method (160º) and add mycorrhizea. Beneficial microorganisms naturally colonize the compost as part of the process." . . . Sounds like this product could be 3 of the 5 materials for the blended compost. Their website and some videos indicate that their compost is screened and is the texture of coffee grinds.

This product is sold in the southeast US (GA, FL, NC & SC) and may be very beneficial for those folks that are just starting out with SFG and need a lot of compost or for those that don't or can't compost.

They sell it in .5 cu ft bags for $7 or in a Cubic yard for $162 ($6/cu ft) with free delivery in a limited area.

I am not endorsing this product in any way shape or form but if it is a quality product, it may be helpful.
We are always looking for Regional products that may be used in Mel's Mix, especially for new beds. Thanks

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21496

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  has55 6/27/2016, 5:16 pm

Thanks ralitaco, very enjoyable video. 
has55
has55

Back to top Go down

Post  ralitaco 6/27/2016, 7:34 pm

has55 wrote:Thanks ralitaco, very enjoyable video. 
I KNEW that if anyone would watch those videos, it would be you, Has55. I am glad you enjoyed it.
ralitaco
ralitaco

Back to top Go down

Post  has55 6/27/2016, 7:37 pm

Yes, I'm talking to the dirt doctor-howard garrent as we speak ( actually his news cast employee-doug Shelton) for a way to get this product in our area. They actually show the results. I'm impressed.
has55
has55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum