Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Toplef10What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 I22gcj10What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Toplef10What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 I22gcj10What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Peat Pots and Peat Pellets
by GreenScienx_Sug Today at 5:50 am

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

+26
Hawgwild
JAM23
Frost?
Cherbear
donnainzone5
Mikesgardn
MrBooker
Yardslave
plantoid
llama momma
bgardner
Emily49
mollyhespra
trolleydriver
ralitaco
TCgardening
LilBittyBean
Scorpio Rising
markqz
OhioGardener
ChuckD
sanderson
cherylLun
countrynaturals
yolos
Cajun Cappy
30 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Empty Re: What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

Post  yolos 7/11/2022, 10:45 pm

sanderson wrote:
yolos wrote: I planted my cucs later than normal trying to miss the pickle worm invasion that happens about now.
Did the late planting work?
So far, no pickle worms so maybe this worked.  But I have had no cucumbers mature yet and we really love them with our tomatoes.  Also, at least two groups of cucumbers are now showing signs of Downy Mildew which I get every year.  This time I separated my cucumber plantings into 4 different beds but so far Downy MIldew has found two beds.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

sanderson likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Empty Re: What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

Post  LilBittyBean 7/31/2022, 11:00 pm

Still picking Cubanelle peppers that were mislabeled at the nursery as Purple Beauty Bells, along with my prolific bounty of Mad Hatter peppers, herbs, and lots of arugula ("roquette" as my Cajun pépère
 called it).
LilBittyBean
LilBittyBean

Female Posts : 95

http://www.southernplanteater.com/

sanderson and Scorpio Rising like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/31/2022, 11:03 pm

Yukon Gold taters and Candy onions.  It was a grassy, weedy mess to be honest.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8682

sanderson and LilBittyBean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/1/2022, 4:28 pm

Picked a Black Beauty tomato today, the first one.  This one was hidden in the middle of the plant, so it did not get the direct sun so that it would turn black.  The other tomatoes are the Golden Jubilee, and the Sun Gold cherry tomato. Lots of tomatoes every day.  Very Happy
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Black_23

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4460

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

sanderson, Scorpio Rising and LilBittyBean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/2/2022, 3:02 pm

Picked some peppers today.  Most will be chopped and frozen for adding to this winter's recipes, but the bigger ones will served for dinner as Stuffed Bell Peppers. 
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Pepper36

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

sanderson, Scorpio Rising and LilBittyBean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/3/2022, 11:42 pm

Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and more tomatoes. I've canned 2 batches of salsa, 2 batches of Crushed Tomatoes (one lid failed) and have over 2 gallons of frozen tomatoes to make tomato sauce late fall. What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 1666079590

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21487

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Scorpio Rising likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/6/2022, 1:03 pm

The new arrival is here, and it is twins!   Golden Jubilee tomatoes, two of them on one stem.
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Twin_t10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/8/2022, 11:39 am

Picked a few veggies before the rain started. Not included in the picture is the Spinach and Lettuce, one large bowl of each.

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Veggie10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 8/9/2022, 1:06 pm

I recently finished harvesting and puting on drying racks five  , 16 square foot beds of several types of onions before it gets too dry and the onion fly lays eggs in the root area that will ruin the crops . 

I must have around 80 pounds of onions of all sizes ..some are  a decent fist size and likely a few jars of 1inch & a quarter pickling onion sizes .  Most are 2 to 3 inches in diameter . 

We've almost got the first 3 inch dia brandy style tomato ripened ...things got almost stopped when we had the 40 oC heat some  three weeks ago .. plant recovery appear to be well under way as there are now lots of 2 inch plus greenies on the vines.

Have been harvesting prickly cucumbers for three weeks ...  yes they are very prickly  but nice and firm not too watery . I get less indigestion probs with this type so will be using them next year . 
 Summer pointed Hispi cabbages have really come on so have the darn cabbage white butterfly caterpillars .  What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 1f616  
 Culinary dried marrow fat peas were an emergency stand by , soaked them for thirty six hours in clean water , changes every 10 hrs or so then sown individually in a poked in hole then watered in three and a half weeks ago , they are just about to come into flower .. the slugs & snails chomped the earlyier sown ones one night when it chucked it down for 15 hrs. solid  with  very fine driven warm rain .

The asparagus is finished for the gardening year  , now fed , watered and corralled in a hoop of water pipe on two support sticks till they flower then die off , then I'll cut them down to the ground and dress the bed in a clean new sterile weed free mulch .  We are still getting some strawberries of the greenhouse tubbed plants  but nothing like the last couple of years due to a crazy spring weather season . Carrots  are also out of kilter .. we actually had to buy in carrots to make our coleslaw's for all summer . 
This time last year we had 9 inch long x 2.5 inch diameter carrots galore Had to re-sow a lot of carrots that also cot eaten in the slug & snail fests  which took place inspite of me using slug & snail controls  . 
 Have had some pak choi for our stirfries and chines five veg style dishes ,till it suddenly broke into flowering mode for the second time after being cut down to a few leaves . 
 My single well rooted shop purchased celery " Stumpling " got eaten by slugs or snails before it could get established ..might be time for some more over the nest couple of weeks 
 Our rutabaga's ( swedes ) are easily ready for eating but I want them for winter so we might get some real whoppers if I can still use the misting sprays for 2 min twice a day to  keep them growing slowly .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/9/2022, 6:52 pm

The Zucchini have gone wild this year. Only 2 plants, and we are picking 4 or 5 a day from them. It is the Year of the Zucchini! 

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Zucchi10

Still two more Zucchinis o this plant.
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Zucchi11

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 8/12/2022, 7:04 pm

Picked 23 big green & black caterpiller's off my veg ....

Ha ha cunning plan ...

I've a 7 litre " caterpillar spanner " to remove them using " Resolva bug " spray  just before it got dark .
 I swear there were hardly any there yesterday evening before dusk .
Hopefully tomorrow  things will be rescuable , the late sown peas full lush green juicy leave and a few flowers were reduced to green netting & a few flowers in 24 hrs .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/13/2022, 8:11 pm

This morning's harvest.  The Millionaire eggplant are perfect, peppers in various states of maturity and even some overripe. Cayenne will be strung up to dry outside (Fresno style  Very Happy  ).  Poblanos blistered and deseeded for freezing.  Bells mostly prepped for freezing. Jalapenos maybe as stuffed jalapenos baked in the over.
 What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Harves26

Last night I made Spiced Tomato Soup with 2 net quarts of washed and just cored and quartered tomatoes.  I didn't peel per Ball instructions because the pureed soup will be frozen in portions and not safely canned. What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Cannin25

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Scorpio Rising and markqz like this post

Back to top Go down

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Empty South Texas Harvest

Post  Sailormancga72 8/14/2022, 12:16 pm

My garden consists of eight 4'x32' raised beds.  This has been a trying summer in south Texas with temps above 100 most days.  Beans blossomed but never set fruit.  Tomatoes did little better.  There have been some victories though.  First time to plant tromboncino squash.  They are great!  Somewhat resistant to vine borers.  They are prolific like zucchini.  Best grown on a trellis or even better, an arbor.  This will definitely be a regular in my garden.  Still picking all types of squashes and 4-5 pounds of okra every other day.  Over the winter I installed drip irrigation.  That has been a life saver.
Sailormancga72
Sailormancga72

Back to top Go down

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Empty Okra and cucumber, oh my

Post  markqz 9/4/2022, 12:05 pm

Because of the heat, I ignored picking okra for one day, and look what happens!

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 84THBXK
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/4/2022, 12:40 pm

markqz wrote:Because of the heat, I ignored picking okra for one day, and look what happens!

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 84THBXK

lol!

Kind of like my Zucchini.  It rained yesterday all day, so I didn't pick the Zucchini.  Today there were two squash on the plants 10" long. Guess that'll teach me! Ha!

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/5/2022, 2:50 pm

I picked a ripe Red Kuri squash!  It was the only one I saw.  I have lots of peppers.  But need to get time to can/pickle them.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8682

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/20/2022, 2:58 pm

Picked some Black Seeded Simpson lettuce, Romaine lettuce, Sweet Banana peppers, and Bell peppers this morning. Beautiful, tasty fall vegetables.
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Black_11
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Pepper11
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Romain10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 11/28/2022, 5:53 pm

Picked some Swiss Chard from the greenhouse raised bed for dinner today. So sweet!
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Swiss_10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 1/14/2023, 12:09 pm

Picked three beautiful Bok Choy from the greenhouse raised bed toady, and then transplanted six new seedlings into the bed.  These Bok Choy will turn into some delicious Bok Choy and Sausage Soup for dinner.
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Bok_ch10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/4/2023, 3:06 pm

Picked the leaf lettuce in the greenhouse today.  A 3-gallon bowl about 2/3rds full of the Black Seeded Simpson and Merlot lettuces.
What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Lettuc11

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 4/4/2023, 4:09 pm

Picked 3 Bok Choy today which will turn into some delicious Bok Choy & Sausage Soup for dinner.

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Bok_ch15

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 4/8/2023, 3:45 pm

Picked some Swiss Chard from the greenhouse raised bed today. It has grown really fast, and very large. The leaves are 18" high. They are tender and delicious, though.

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Swiss_13

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 12 Swiss_14

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 4/8/2023, 4:37 pm

Sow bugs - they ravage tender starts. Razz I finally got Sluggo PLUS into the beds.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikesgardn 4/18/2023, 8:45 pm

I had my first harvest of the year today.   "French Breakfast" radishes that I planted on March 5.  Normally I wait until mid March to plant radishes here in Maryland, but we had a warm spell in early March.  April 18 is now my personal record for first harvest.  Looking forward to a good gardening year.
Mikesgardn
Mikesgardn

Male Posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 4/19/2023, 12:57 am

Lettuce for a salad! Forgot to take a photo. Sad I may bolt in 2 weeks but I love my clean lettuce.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next