Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted Toplef10Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted I22gcj10Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted Toplef10Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted I22gcj10Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted

+3
sherryeo
elliephant
shannon1
7 posters

Go down

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted Empty Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted

Post  shannon1 7/9/2011, 4:11 am

Hello my peeps. I am asking that you folks here in the beautiful C&T South vote in the "what reigon are you in" poll. I know there are more than 7 of us surely. Even if you have never posted before, please vote. With over 6,000 members on the forum I know you'er out there so raise you hands cheers and click your mouse. Come on let us show those folks N&C midwest we are here.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted Empty Re: Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted

Post  elliephant 7/9/2011, 8:28 am

I think a poll like that would attract more of us during a different time of year. This is kinda the off season for us, kwim? I know I'm on here a lot more in, say, February, when I'm planting and it tends to be a bit of a ghost town in the other regions.
elliephant

Female Posts : 842

Back to top Go down

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted Empty POLL: What region are you in

Post  sherryeo 7/9/2011, 11:53 am

elliephant,

Maybe the same poll could be conducted in different months in the future. This kind of came about because some of us were a bit concerned, wishing we got more interaction from our regions. We wondered how many members our regions actually had. I hope it also encourages those who might tend to sit back and just read the posts to actually post problems, experiences, ideas, brilliant solutions, plans, etc themselves. I think all of our regional forums need as much participation from all our members as possible - it can only lead to more sharing and thus, more fun and more learning for us all. cheers
sherryeo
sherryeo

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted Empty Re: Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted

Post  shannon1 7/10/2011, 12:42 am

Hurray 3 more votes for us Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 418730 that brings us up to 10. I know you are hot and tiered from picking all those toms, peppers, eggplants... wageing war on the pests and so on but please take a second and cast a vote if you have not done so already.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  pelujilla 7/10/2011, 9:31 am

I just voted. Not much going on in my garden. I have a few tomatoes and peppers maturing. My green beans are are not flowering but bushy Smile

I purchased two raised bed kits but will probably wait till next spring to put them up. I need to finish reading the SFG book and purchase some seeds.

Is anyone starting any seedlings now? Do you start fall crops in the ground directly or do you transplant?
pelujilla
pelujilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurach 7/10/2011, 5:11 pm

I voted. =) Lots of craziness going on in my garden. Today's take was 2 slicing cukes, 3 pickling cukes, a handful of lima beans, 3 eggplants and about 5 or so each of jalapeno, banana and Thai hot peppers. I'm so very happy that everything is producing well, especially given my history of "black thumb."

Is anyone else melting in this heat??

~Lu
Lurach
Lurach

Female Posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 7/10/2011, 6:09 pm

Lurach, beware, i believe that your thumb is turning green! Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 88662
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 7/11/2011, 12:16 am

Thanks for casting your votes. Yes I'm melting. Pelujila I will be planting my fall garden the start of Sept. most of it I will be direct sow into the garden since they are the kinds of things that don't like to be transplanted. I plan on sowing beets, turnips, carrots, onions, brussel sprouts, swiss chard, lettuce, collards,... I would be happy to share seeds with you if you change your mind about waiting for spring.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  pelujilla 7/11/2011, 8:19 am

I will sow directly into the area I have now but will wait till Spring to go full SFG with MM. I bought two raised bed kits but waiting to see how life issues resolve before I go all the way.

I have Santa Ana pole beans seeds
mellow yellow bean seeds
broccoli
iceberg lettuce
simpson elite lettuce
baby leaf spinach
and snow peas (my favorite).
pelujilla
pelujilla

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 7/11/2011, 12:06 pm

Come on let us show those folks N&C midwest we are here.

Competition.....I love it!! You guys rock.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurach 7/12/2011, 4:08 pm

camprn wrote:Lurach, beware, i believe that your thumb is turning green! Coastal & Tropical South Stand Up and Be Counted 88662

Thanks! I'm working really hard at it. I called my mom today, and she asked if my garden was still alive. She remembers a time when I killed every green thing I touched. Now I'm really enjoying the work of keeping everything going. I did notice she asked me to bring her some eggplants. LOL

Someone please lower the thermostat just a bit...96 degrees (feels like 109) is a bit too high, thanks.

~Lu
Lurach
Lurach

Female Posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 7/15/2011, 12:38 am

My Mom is putting a hurt on my harvest as well, but how can I say no to my Mama. She is getting more toms than I am. I did convince her to grow a tomato herself this fall. We will be planting it next week in a 5 gal. bucket, top 6" MM. I am hoping it will give her an itch to have a little SFG of her own.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down