Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Toplef10Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE I22gcj10Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Toplef10Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE I22gcj10Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE

4 posters

Go down

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Empty Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE

Post  jerzyjen 3/16/2011, 10:33 am

Can anyone recommend a good nursery near Wilmington, DE (more specifically, Claymont DE) to pickk up supplies for Mel's Mix? I checked the Vermiculite DB, Delaware is not listed. I've started doing some google searches but I figured I would check in here, first hand experience is always best. Peat Moss is usually easy to come by in HD or Lowe's, but looking for place for vermiculite & the 5 types of compost.

No, I'm not moving (although I wish I could, my property taxes would go down THOUSANDS). I have a good friend that would like to start a garden this year. I'm trying to start her up with SFG and want to make the process of finding the materials as painfree as possible, so she doesn't want to give up (i know how frustrating this part can be). I could certainly load up my car and head down there (about an hour away), but I'd rather find a place near her so that she will be able to get the supplies nearby if needed in the future.

I think we are going to try to set up the first weekend of May. She's not really interested in growing the cool weather crops (at least not yet Very Happy), so that should work for frost free dates.
jerzyjen
jerzyjen

Female Posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Empty Re: Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE

Post  tommy 3/30/2011, 6:24 pm

Try Southern States. If it's a no go, down in Chestertown, MD (it's a drive) Kingstown Supply has plenty of vermiculite.
tommy

Back to top Go down

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Empty Store that used to be Sweeneys in Claymont has it

Post  andrea 4/1/2011, 3:45 pm

I got some vermiculite(the big bag) at the store that used to be Sweeney's .I can't remember the name. It is at the corner of Philadelphia Pike and Harvey Road so smack in the middle of Claymont.A huge Wawa is across the street .Another landmark is Holy Rosary on Phil. Pike. I think the bag was around $25,but You get some coupons to use on further purchases. I believe that they also had multiple types of compost and of course there was also peat moss available. Good Luck!
andrea

Back to top Go down

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Empty Re: Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE

Post  jercarol 4/1/2011, 3:55 pm

I got Vermic (large not coarse) at Alexander's in Newark. I am working on a compost mix form a local landscaper....I will post my success later so others can get it if it is as advertised....
jercarol

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Empty Was Sweeney's now is Score

Post  andrea 4/1/2011, 5:03 pm

Hi again found my "Scorebuck"I.Sweeney's is now called "Score Seed and Garden Supply".Unfortunately there is no phone number,which would probably be smart to put on their "scorebucks"(a coupon on another purchase) since people keep them and they act like advertising..Anyway,if your friend is in Claymont she will know exactly where Philadelphia Pike and Harvey Road is.Also of course no sales tax in DE which is very nice and the young man was very nice.Good luck.
andrea

Back to top Go down

Post  jerzyjen 4/2/2011, 8:38 am

Thanks for the help!

Andrea- My friend lives a couple blocks off from Phil Pike, this place is probably right up the street from her. In fact I'm pretty sure I know where that huge Wawa. Although ya know, everything is near a Wawa Smile That must be the most common landmark when giving directions in the Delaware Valley.
jerzyjen
jerzyjen

Female Posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Looking for SFG supplies near Wilmington, DE Empty True everything is near a wawa

Post  andrea 4/2/2011, 1:54 pm

I think the Wawa made a big impression because it hadn't been there the last time I was there.Not sure why they have to make their buildings so huge.
andrea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down