Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Toplef10SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! I22gcj10SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Toplef10SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! I22gcj10SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here!

+10
sfg4uKim
Steve144
barmstr
sceleste54
glasgrl
Garden Angel
junequilt
Jay Bird
boffer
SFGHQSTAFF
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here!

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 8/27/2010, 4:20 pm

I know you guys have waited a while for these! Wait no longer. We have just added a limited number of drip irrigation systems (only 4x4 on the test) to our store for testing! We have placed 19 test systems for sale at a special discount. Now how this works is this: You get a starter kit which connects to your hose and add-on kits to keep adding to your chain for the rest of your boxes. For this test we are only selling the initial kit, not the add-on kits. We will have those available in a few weeks.

We need your feedback, so if you are one of the lucky few who gets to test it, please email me some feedback at :alan@squarefootgardening.com

Thanks Everyone Very Happy
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Male Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty Re: SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here!

Post  boffer 8/27/2010, 4:28 pm

Find it here

new roll sign slow http://squarefootgardening.mybisi.com/product/drip-irrigation-self-watering-system-4x4

annoying bug

Last edited by boffer on 8/27/2010, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty Re: SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here!

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 8/27/2010, 4:34 pm

boffer wrote:Find it here

http://squarefootgardening.mybisi.com/product/drip-irrigation-self-watering-system-4x4
Duh, thanks boffer! Rolling Eyes
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Bird 8/27/2010, 4:39 pm

word to the wise be sure you have enough pressure if you are going to irrigate multiple boxes, I had to go back and cut in valves on mine the low pressure causes to much single drip that basically goes straight down and out. Use the sray nozzle that emitts 5 gallons a hour and use 1 per four sqaures so they all get wet within 30 minutes.

Just my experiance!
Jay Bird
Jay Bird

Male Posts : 228

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here!

Post  junequilt 8/27/2010, 5:24 pm

Thanks, Jay Bird and Boffer! I've just ordered one. I really hope it does the job!
junequilt
junequilt

Back to top Go down

Post  Garden Angel 8/27/2010, 6:05 pm

By a whole range of options available , does that mean different sizes or can you customize to fit ? my boxes are different sizes like one is 6x3 and 2x5 etc. thx, this sounds like a great idea.
Garden Angel
Garden Angel

Female Posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 9/7/2010, 3:41 pm

Garden Angel wrote:By a whole range of options available , does that mean different sizes or can you customize to fit ? my boxes are different sizes like one is 6x3 and 2x5 etc. thx, this sounds like a great idea.

We are going to produce them in standard sizes first (2x4, 4x4, 4x8, 4x12...that kind of thing) as we grow, we plan on adding more options(for gardens that are too far back for hoses, we will be adding a gravity fed system). We also want to add things like automatic timers as well. Hope you guys like them! Very Happy
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  glasgrl 9/7/2010, 4:39 pm

I could really use ones that are 2' by longer than 4'... I have 2' x 10' & 2' x 6' beds...

This really sounds great! I'm saving up for these for the spring.

-Michelle
glasgrl
glasgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 9/7/2010, 5:03 pm

glasgrl wrote:I could really use ones that are 2' by longer than 4'... I have 2' x 10' & 2' x 6' beds...

This really sounds great! I'm saving up for these for the spring.

-Michelle
Yes, that is going to be an option. We want to make it in as many sizes as people need.
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sceleste54 9/7/2010, 7:34 pm

Love the bug !!! lol!
sceleste54

Female Posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 9/17/2010, 3:09 pm

We just want to let everyone know that we have received great feedback and will now start selling a wide array of sizes for your gardens. We now have various sizes for the starter kits and are also now offering add-on kits for the rest of your boxes. Enjoy!
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty SFG Drip Irrigation Add-On Kits

Post  junequilt 9/23/2010, 5:21 pm

I just glanced at accessories and there aren't very many options out there yet. When do you expect to have more available? Thanks!
junequilt
junequilt

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 9/23/2010, 6:17 pm

junequilt wrote:I just glanced at accessories and there aren't very many options out there yet. When do you expect to have more available? Thanks!

We have 14 possible configurations! If that is not many options, I'm scared to ask how many you need! (ha-ha) Smile

If you don't see the sizes that you need, let me know and I will see what I can do. Alan
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty Page link

Post  barmstr 9/23/2010, 6:33 pm

Can you put up a link to this part of the forum? I stumbled onto it just now. We need lots of pictures so we can see what the new system looks like. Very interesting.
Bruce Very Happy
barmstr
barmstr

Male Posts : 62

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty SFG Drip Irrigation Add-On Kits

Post  junequilt 9/24/2010, 4:40 pm

Alan, does the kit include a hose that connects the basic kit to the add-on, or will I have to provide a section of hose?
junequilt
junequilt

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 9/24/2010, 5:03 pm

junequilt wrote:Alan, does the kit include a hose that connects the basic kit to the add-on, or will I have to provide a section of hose?

Yes, the add-on kit includes 5 feet of extra hose to span the space between your boxes. You just cut off the hose you don't need. It also includes the adaptor to connect the two systems together. Good Question

By the way, several of you who have purchased the kit have sent in very positive feedback, thanks, I am glad the system is working so well. As always, if you guys see ways to improve it, let me know(a couple of you already have ideas for making it even better!) thanks to you as well.

We are looking for ways for making it even better priced, but one of the things we also focus on is helping the community. Yes, we can have these mass produced at some large manufacturing factory in china at a better rate, but the goal of the foundation is to help the community not just sell stuff, so we choose to hire local people who need work and have them make these in their homes. It costs a bit more to do it this way, but it fits our goals better. Very Happy
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here

Post  junequilt 9/24/2010, 5:49 pm

Fab! (Did I just date myself by using that expression?) Now, please tell me how I go about shortening the drip tapes by a few inches so they will fit in my boxes. As you can see in this photo, they're too long and when they're full of water they're not really flexible enough to bend.
SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Too_bi10
junequilt
junequilt

Back to top Go down

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! Empty Irrigation alternative

Post  Steve144 9/25/2010, 3:14 am

In my experience, the traditional drip irrigation system of hoses is really not the best solution for the square foot garden. It gets really busy in the box and can be difficult to reconfigure. I designed a system that combines the grid and the irrigation into one system and at the same time, is in keeping with the look and layout of the garden.

For me, this is the perfect solution, looks nice, and is easily reconfigured for various plants.
Take a look at it on my site. You can make it yourself really or get it from me. But, I really thing you will like this alternative. I wish you the best and happy SFgardening!

Steve Earls

Last edited by boffer on 9/25/2010, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Website removed for solicitation)
Steve144
Steve144

Male Posts : 2

http://sfgsupply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 9/25/2010, 9:47 am

SEarls wrote:In my experience, the traditional drip irrigation system of hoses is really not the best solution for the square foot garden. It gets really busy in the box and can be difficult to reconfigure. I designed a system that combines the grid and the irrigation into one system and at the same time, is in keeping with the look and layout of the garden.

For me, this is the perfect solution, looks nice, and is easily reconfigured for various plants.
Take a look at it on my site. You can make it yourself really or get it from me. But, I really thing you will like this alternative. I wish you the best and happy SFgardening!

Steve Earls
Hey Steve,
You've got some good looking gardens there! I am sure you already have it (I don't have time to check every application) but just a reminder to everyone that you need to make sure to have a product license to use the SFG name in your advertising or in trying to duplicate the style and look of our products for resale. Square Foot Gardening and the style and look of our products are all trademarked and cannot be used without a license. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by boffer on 9/25/2010, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Website in quote removed for solicitation.)
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 10/1/2010, 10:24 pm

Alan,

If it's possible, this one really deserves a video clip. It was great to see it in action.

Kim

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kimbertangleknot 2/24/2011, 9:25 pm

So, if I'm reading this right. To make the irrigation kit span to another box (or down 6 inches to a lower one), the add on kit is needed to do that because it has the extender part to do so. I'm just wanting to make sure because I'm getting ready to buy from amazon and I want to make sure I buy the correct things.
kimbertangleknot
kimbertangleknot

Female Posts : 274

http://www.moonflyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  model a man 2/25/2011, 12:44 pm

I made mine from parts I got from the big box stores. the brown tube came with drippers already installed every 18" it did not seem like enough so I added drippers in between them (those are the black ones you see on the brown tubes) so I have drippers evey 9 inches and seems to work ok. I am finding the trick is to not let the mix dry out. hope this helps
SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! DSC04870
SFG Drip Irrigation Systems are here! DSC04869
model a man
model a man

Male Posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 2/25/2011, 5:45 pm

kimbertangleknot wrote:So, if I'm reading this right. To make the irrigation kit span to another box (or down 6 inches to a lower one), the add on kit is needed to do that because it has the extender part to do so. I'm just wanting to make sure because I'm getting ready to buy from amazon and I want to make sure I buy the correct things.

Yes, what you describe sounds correct. how long is your box?(it sounds like a step up box). Alan
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kimbertangleknot 2/25/2011, 5:49 pm

4x8, with half being 12" the other 6" and it's all attached.
kimbertangleknot
kimbertangleknot

Female Posts : 274

http://www.moonflyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SFGHQSTAFF 2/25/2011, 5:53 pm

kimbertangleknot wrote:4x8, with half being 12" the other 6" and it's all attached.

mmm. I wonder if you could just get one 4x8 kit (or even 4x10) and just continue the tape from one box to the next... It might not look perfect, but it might save you some money. The add on kit would make it cleaner, but the other way might make it cheaper. just a thought. I am more interested in helping you guys than in making money.. Very Happy
SFGHQSTAFF
administrator
administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next