Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
The Foundation is Moving!  Toplef10The Foundation is Moving!  1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

The Foundation is Moving!  I22gcj10The Foundation is Moving!  14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
The Foundation is Moving!  Toplef10The Foundation is Moving!  1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

The Foundation is Moving!  I22gcj10The Foundation is Moving!  14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising 3/27/2024, 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

The Foundation is Moving!

+6
quiltbea
Pepper
Kelejan
donnainzone5
gregrenee88
Davanna Driggers
10 posters

Go down

The Foundation is Moving!  Empty The Foundation is Moving!

Post  Davanna Driggers 5/24/2012, 8:34 am

SQUARE FOOT GARDENING FOUNDATION IS GROWING, MOVING, AND WORKING TO BECOME THE BEST THAT IT CAN BE

www.squarefootgardening.com

Effective May 31, 2012, our Utah corporate headquarters will be relocated to Columbia, South Carolina. The new location offers easy access to major highways, shipping companies, suppliers, assembly operations, and a new, larger distribution center to better meet the needs of our customers. Here's the new address:

Square Foot Gardening Foundation
9005 Two Notch Road
Suite 2
Columbia SC 29223

Our 800 number (801-782-4559) will remain the same. You may still place orders via telephone, or online through any of our websites: www.squarefootgardening.com, www.squarefootgardening.org, and www.melbarthomew.com. Victoria Boudman, our CEO, will be heading the Columbia office. We are also excited to report a new product and merchandise lineup is forthcoming in the fall of this year.

In this troubled economy, Victoria has worked tirelessly to keep costs down on production of products, labor, energy, and shipping costs, while maintaining the highest quality products for our customers. Toward this end, we are offering Cypress Boxes in two styles. Not only do our new boxes perform better, look great, and lower costs, but two charitable organizations – a women's shelter and a men's shelter -- also benefit! So you can feel "triple good" about purchasing boxes and products from SFGF.

During our summer transition phase, please bear with us, because beneficial changes are in progress! Although the products available in our store during the summer will be streamlined, we will soon be back up to full capacity. We have hired three new staff members to help us with our growing pains! Jenny, Erik, and Sally look forward to serving you, along with all the rest of our dedicated staff.

We are working on an updated website to be unveiled in fall of 2012. The restyled website will be easier to navigate, and will provide even more information on SFG and foundation news. We want to make sure our website works well on smart phones and other types of portable devices. By 2013, statistics show that 84 percent of all web browsing will be on personal portable devices. We want to spend our time and resources wisely, so we are going to move forward and make this change now.

Our founder, Mel Bartholomew, will continue to head the San Diego, California, branch of SFGF. He's busily at work on exciting new books! Additionally, we have strategically located SFGF distribution centers across the U.S. This means that we can keep product prices from rising substantially due to higher shipping, energy, and wood costs. It also means we will soon be able to ship "Mel's Mix" from our own distribution centers.

We are working hard to make SFGF better, and to reach more people worldwide with the message that SFG can change lives, build futures, sustain the planet, and end world hunger. Come grow with us as we spread the message: SFG - THIS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Thank you for your continued support.
Davanna Driggers
Davanna Driggers

Female Posts : 29

http://www.faithvisionministries.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The Foundation is Moving!  Empty Re: The Foundation is Moving!

Post  gregrenee88 5/24/2012, 1:18 pm

Cool! Very Happy
gregrenee88
gregrenee88

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 5/24/2012, 1:26 pm

YAY!

I'd love to know a bit more about the forthcoming product line-up, particularly boxes, since I'll soon be moving and will have to start over.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/24/2012, 2:06 pm

It's good to know that at least one business is growing in these troubled times.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper 5/24/2012, 2:16 pm

GREAT bounce bounce bounce Hope that means MM will be available in GA

The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  3170584802 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366
Pepper
Pepper

Male Posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 5/24/2012, 5:11 pm

It all sounds good, but I hope the new website will work for us dummies who aren't techy at all. I don't have any fancy phone, just a plain one in case of emergency and I'd hate to not be able to post pics because I don't have a phone that will do it for me.

I think distributing Mel's Mix is a super idea for those of us that might want to expand our gardens later or for newbies that need a good source for their mix and know it will work for them. Some sources are iffy when it comes to gathering the 5 types of compost and some newbies have had problems with it.

Congratulations!The Foundation is Moving!  3170584802
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 5/24/2012, 8:04 pm

Pepper wrote:GREAT bounce bounce bounce Hope that means MM will be available in GA

The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  3170584802 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366 The Foundation is Moving!  53366

And NC

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrenee88 5/25/2012, 3:27 pm

quiltbea wrote:It all sounds good, but I hope the new website will work for us dummies who aren't techy at all. I don't have any fancy phone, just a plain one in case of emergency and I'd hate to not be able to post pics because I don't have a phone that will do it for me.

I think distributing Mel's Mix is a super idea for those of us that might want to expand our gardens later or for newbies that need a good source for their mix and know it will work for them. Some sources are iffy when it comes to gathering the 5 types of compost and some newbies have had problems with it.

Congratulations!The Foundation is Moving!  3170584802

I agree Quiltbea. We had difficulty getting all 5 different items and weren't able to since I wasn't savey enough to search well. That's ok, chalk it up to experience. Very Happy
gregrenee88
gregrenee88

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 5/25/2012, 3:50 pm

Who exactly would I speak to in regards to the Pre mixed Mel's mix? I am having such mixed results with it, and have spent a lot of $$. thank you!!
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 5/25/2012, 4:13 pm

Kelejan wrote:It's good to know that at least one business is growing in these troubled times.

An interesting ambiguity and truthful as well . Wink

Best wishes for the new advenure in the ANSFG organisation
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

The Foundation is Moving!  Empty Re:Foundation is moving.....

Post  tabletopper 5/26/2012, 3:06 am

Message to Southern Gardner.......I too have had mixed results from bags of Mels Mix.....

and I dont like paying $12.95 for the bag with bark in it......thats not the original receipe....I have sent a message to the powers that be and they said it was forwarded and they would get back to me.....maybe the company that puts it together it my locality does it their way.......Ruth.....TableTopper.....(no word yet....its been a couple of months)
tabletopper

Female Posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/26/2012, 6:54 pm

tabletopper wrote:Message to Southern Gardner.......I too have had mixed results from bags of Mels Mix.....

and I dont like paying $12.95 for the bag with bark in it......thats not the original receipe....I have sent a message to the powers that be and they said it was forwarded and they would get back to me.....maybe the company that puts it together it my locality does it their way.......Ruth.....TableTopper.....(no word yet....its been a couple of months)

Keep sending your message; be a sqeaky wheel.Smile
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

The Foundation is Moving!  Empty WHERE do we keep sending the message?

Post  southern gardener 5/27/2012, 12:48 am

Kelejan wrote:
tabletopper wrote:Message to Southern Gardner.......I too have had mixed results from bags of Mels Mix.....

Keep sending your message; be a sqeaky wheel.Smile

I would like to know WHERE to keep sending the message? I've sent messages, made phone calls, and am waiting to see WHO to talk to ? I would really like to know! Thank you!!
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 5/27/2012, 12:55 am

I went ahead and started a new post regarding the issue of the Pre Mix. Hope I can find someone to talk to. I too have spent a lot of money, for mixed results and bark, glass etc in the mix. I have plants that do really well, and some that are stunted, yellow and "puny" in the same square, which tells me it can't be the water, sun, weather etc. Very strange.
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum