Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 Toplef10infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 I22gcj10infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 Toplef10infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 I22gcj10infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by cyclonegardener Yesterday at 8:56 am

» Zucchini Cobbler
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:38 pm

» Vertical Zucchini
by sanderson 7/25/2024, 11:34 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 7/23/2024, 8:25 am

» N&C Midwest—July 2024
by Scorpio Rising 7/22/2024, 1:33 pm

» Starbucks for coffee grounds!
by OhioGardener 7/20/2024, 11:02 am

» Cover Crops to Kill Nematodes
by dstack 7/18/2024, 5:43 pm

» Hi from Lapeer Michigan
by Scorpio Rising 7/18/2024, 10:49 am

» Mel's Mix
by OhioGardener 7/16/2024, 1:40 pm

» Baker Creek Heirloom Whole Seed Catalog Pre-Order
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 4:00 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 7/11/2024, 1:01 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 7/9/2024, 2:23 pm

» Wasabi Radish
by markqz 7/8/2024, 10:14 pm

» Check out your local (seed) library !
by OhioGardener 7/8/2024, 11:45 am

» YIKES! I'm hosting uninvited guests in my squash...
by tappingmom 7/3/2024, 9:43 am

» Baked Eggplant
by OhioGardener 7/2/2024, 7:45 am

» N&C Midwest—June 2024
by nrstooge 7/1/2024, 7:48 am

» Epic Gardening "Master Class on Square Food Gardening"
by sanderson 6/26/2024, 10:03 pm

» Growing Tomatoes in 6" of soil?
by sanderson 6/25/2024, 4:21 pm

» Frequency/amount to water
by OhioGardener 6/22/2024, 5:34 pm

» Rhubarb Tom Collins
by DonP 6/19/2024, 2:10 pm

» Change email address
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 2:00 am

» Howdy from San Diego, CA
by sanderson 6/19/2024, 12:49 am

» Getting Started
by Turan 6/18/2024, 12:58 pm

» Turan's Garden Western Mountains and Plains
by Scorpio Rising 6/18/2024, 11:49 am

» Question about replenishing squares after harvest
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 6/17/2024, 12:14 am

» My NWA garden
by Guinevere 6/13/2024, 11:13 am

» creating grids
by plantoid 6/13/2024, 6:42 am

» SFG jOURNEY-What's Hiding in your organic fertilizer
by has55 6/13/2024, 12:40 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant

+5
Scorpio Rising
No_Such_Reality
camprn
sanderson
has55
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 Empty Re: infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant

Post  Scorpio Rising 4/27/2016, 7:05 pm

Interesting, stresed out and went to seed early, right? Wonder what the deal was? Just a genetically crappy plant? There are people and animals that are just not so great....as a nurse, we refer to them as P cubed! PM me if you want to know what it means! LOL
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8801

Back to top Go down

infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant   - Page 2 Empty Re: infected or nutrient deficiency on broccoli rabb plant

Post  has55 4/27/2016, 9:46 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:Interesting, stresed out and went to seed early, right?  Wonder what the deal was?  Just a genetically crappy plant?  There are people and animals that are just not so great....as a nurse, we refer to them as P cubed!  PM me if you want to know what it means!  LOL
I don't think so. we are yo yoing everyday with our temp. today we hit 82 degrees in denton. tx
has55
has55

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 4/27/2016, 10:05 pm

has55 wrote:
Scorpio Rising wrote:Interesting, stresed out and went to seed early, right?  Wonder what the deal was?  Just a genetically crappy plant?  There are people and animals that are just not so great....as a nurse, we refer to them as P cubed!  PM me if you want to know what it means!  LOL
I don't think so. we are yo yoing everyday with our temp. today we hit 82 degrees in denton. tx

Reminds me of what happens to my marigold foliage frequently..... (Yellow here and there)
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 4/28/2016, 4:57 pm

has55 wrote:
  The stringy flowering plant & the  exploding cauliflower to the left  of the " blown / bolted plant  tells me that it is too hot in your area at the present time.

Caulies and most brassica over here in the UK like a maximum 55 - 65 oF temp with a few odd day creeping above and some cooling rain especially at night to reduce the night temp down below  55  oF to just above 36 oF .

TIP.
 If you use an elastic band to gather the leaves up over the cauliflower's curd/head it will help protect it from the sun and help prevent it going yellow .

Another tip if you get too many caulies in prime condition all at once .  If you cut them all and hang them down a well about a foot above the water on a cord ( not in a basket or bag /sack ) they will stay fresh for 10 to 14 days . If you don't have a well , cut them into floret's and put them washed in the fridge in iced water .then change the water every other day ,
Wash the container then refill with the iced water & rinse the florets off in cold running water before putting them back & fridging them.
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4099

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 4/28/2016, 6:44 pm

RJARPCGP wrote:
has55 wrote:

Reminds me of what happens to my marigold foliage frequently..... (Yellow here and there)

From excess heat?
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 4/28/2016, 6:46 pm

Plantoid, the voice of experience! That makes so much sense now. Wink
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  has55 4/29/2016, 3:12 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:Plantoid, the voice of experience!  That makes so much sense now. Wink
Just saw this. Thanks plantoid, great tip and info. I agreed with you. Now I'm just letting them do their thing. 
I harvested the small head of cauliflower and the broccoli floret with the leaves from the japanese red giant mustard green, koraibi leaves and  some celery to make a salad. I took last kolrahbi bulb, which was splitting, cut off the bad pieces, peeled off the green covering and made angel strands from it, then added as a topping to the salad. Added one leek, olive oil and crack pepper with touch of cayenne pepper and tossed. The rest is history, asked my stomach.
has55
has55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2