Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+77
professorm
Ginger Blue
Judy McConnell
StrongAsMeat
walshevak
No_Such_Reality
lopez
ralitaco
GrowRunner
MrBooker
littlejo
Zmoore
FeedMeSeeMore
p14shooter
landarch
BeetlesPerSqFt
bigdogrock
countrynaturals
littlesapphire
CotheK
WindAndVane
Swilliams0416
reynajrainwater
Mimi2
donnainzone5
greatgranny
Scorpio Rising
MackerelSky
kauairosina
Goosegirl
Marc Iverson
CapeCoddess
CitizenKate
Dadoo
vortex
trolleydriver
Mikesgardn
mschaef
hokie_paw
mollyhespra
momvet
NanSFG
Rahab222
bbroomm
nosmok
TinySpock
Razed Bed
quiltbea
Triciasgarden
Dunkinjean
sfg4uKim
steve638
NAR56
martha
Cajun Cappy
Windmere
AtlantaMarie
dstack
southern gardener
plantoid
johnp
cyclonegardener
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Kelejan
sfgteachers
Turan
GloriaG
Cherbear
Denese
floyd1440
yolos
llama momma
FamilyGardening
herblover
meatburner
brainchasm
camprn
81 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  johnp 1/24/2015, 3:24 pm

I found a stash of golden beets forgotten in the refrigerator and they were still good. I made marinated golden beets with tarragon, shallots and pistachios. Made them this morning for dinner tonight but had to try them for lunch.  Very Happy Very Happy wow.
johnp
johnp

Male Posts : 644

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Dunkinjean 1/24/2015, 3:34 pm

I actually will be making my homemade tomato sauce tomorrow from my garden tomatoes.
In the late summer/fall when my tomatoes were ripe, I cut them into quarter pieces, put them into a pot on the stove and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool. Then I put them through a tomato strainer (love this new toy). Once seeds and peels are removed, the sauce is put into foodsaver bags and into the freezer.
So, now I take the sauce and add any meats, spices, etc. cook for 2 hrs and I have fresh tomato sauce!
I am planning on growing a lot of tomato plants so I can have an abundance of tomato sauce - just as my Italian grandparents did....
Dunkinjean
Dunkinjean

Female Posts : 694

http://2jean@excite.com

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Just harvested our first asparagus!

Post  kauairosina 1/26/2015, 1:03 pm

You might recall that the company did not want to ship asparagus crowns to Hawaii, insisting that they would not do well here.  Well, they are gorgeous.  We have a lot to learn however.  Gonna dump more horseshit on the beds and give them more oomph.  We have been gathering emirite beans, lettuces and some beautiful Napa carrots.  I'll go ahead and see if I can also post this to the Hawaii section.  Must be someone out here still gardening.
kauairosina
kauairosina

Female Posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/26/2015, 1:27 pm

Can't wait until the Hawaiian Topic starts. Build it, maybe they will start coming??? I'll sure attend, especially with your photos. Maybe grandson will help you get going?? Very Happy
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21562

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty One of these days..

Post  kauairosina 1/26/2015, 4:56 pm

I will learn how to post pictures.  I have been taking them in anticipation.  Thanks for the encouragement.
kauairosina
kauairosina

Back to top Go down

Post  Cajun Cappy 1/27/2015, 7:09 pm

We have one of our beds growing mesculn greens beets carrots and parsley.  We go out and pick a salad bowl full every other day or so.  Also I posted our green gumbo recipe which is a wonderful green winter soup.  Here is our salad box:What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 IMG_4766
Cajun Cappy
Cajun Cappy

Male Posts : 662

http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cajun Cappy 1/27/2015, 7:12 pm

Oh and I figure yall getting tired of me bragging about our citrus so I aint even gonna mention our ruby red grape fruit in the back ground.
Cajun Cappy
Cajun Cappy

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Boy o boy Cappy

Post  kauairosina 1/27/2015, 7:34 pm

glad I'm not the only one with gorgeous produce at this time of year.  Good we're not all buried under snow!.
kauairosina
kauairosina

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 1/27/2015, 8:03 pm

Cappy, that garden makes me drooling .
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cajun Cappy 1/27/2015, 8:29 pm

In that case ya betta not go look at my green gumbo post itl make ya drown in that drool Laughing
Cajun Cappy
Cajun Cappy

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 1/27/2015, 9:02 pm

Tonight was an entire re-heat meal from the freezer,  broccoli, roasted tomato and garlic soup, honey baked ham, and homemade frozen pierogies.  So nice to take a break from cooking and simply re heat good stuff instead.
hungry
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  Cajun Cappy 1/29/2015, 2:12 pm

We love left overs and eat them alot.  Like the pot of green gumbo we ate on it for a couple days and put a qt up for later.  It's just the 2 of us so even a pot of beans last us 3 or more meals and that gives us the chance to play more out side. Smile
Some things as yall know taste even better the second time.
Cajun Cappy
Cajun Cappy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cajun Cappy 2/3/2015, 5:53 pm

WE pick a big bowl of our mesclun salad greens almost every day.  I had to smile today when a walking neighbor told me we needed to pick some of those greens they were getting out of hand.  The stuff grows like weeds all winter here.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 IMG_4758
Cajun Cappy
Cajun Cappy

Back to top Go down

Post  johnp 2/5/2015, 7:58 am

Last night we had butternut squash carbonera with pancetta and fresh sage. Incredible. Laughing
johnp
johnp

Back to top Go down

Post  herblover 2/6/2015, 2:35 pm

Cajun Cappy wrote:WE pick a big bowl of our mesclun salad greens almost every day.  I had to smile today when a walking neighbor told me we needed to pick some of those greens they were getting out of hand.  The stuff grows like weeds all winter here.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 IMG_4758
I'm jealous!  As much as I miss homegrown tomatoes in the off season I absolutely loath having to buy salad greens at the grocery!
herblover
herblover

Female Posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post  herblover 2/6/2015, 2:36 pm

Like LM last night I pulled a container of Roasted Tomato Soup from the freezer to go with grilled cheese sammies for supper.
herblover
herblover

Female Posts : 577

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Delicioius Kale

Post  Windmere 3/30/2015, 10:52 pm

My wife asked me to harvest some of our kale so she could make one of our favorite dishes.  Here's a shot of the mountain of kale.  There is no real perspective as far as how much kale this is... but it's A LOT.  I'd say this mound is about 16+ inches high from the base of the gigantic metal bowl with a 16 inch diameter. 

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Kale_210

My wife sauteed chopped garlic in a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil.  She added the kale and seasoned with granulated garlic and granulated onion.  She then added salt to taste. 

I can't really give specific quantities because it's all to taste and amounts vary depending on how much kale you are cooking.  The coconut oil adds a sweet/nutty dimension of flavor.  It's such a simple combination of ingredients, but the result is out of this world!
Windmere
Windmere

Male Posts : 1425

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/31/2015, 2:24 am

hungry

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21562

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 3/31/2015, 4:57 pm

A fantastic turkey stock beef & veg stew with dumplings.
The stock was made from our SFG bed veg & the Christmas day 2014 turkey carcass .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4097

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 3/31/2015, 9:56 pm

Only weeds and dirt so far! That is if I want anything out of my garden right now!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 3/31/2015, 10:26 pm

Nothing today, but yesterday I had some of my frozen roasted tomatoes from last summer.   It makes tomato sauce that is just divine.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/31/2015, 10:40 pm

More green/yellow/purple beans from my freezer.  Now, if only I could use up the remaining 5 gallons of squash! 

FYI, I seldom bake, because of the sugar and other carbs.

I'm thinking of using some on the rare occasions I make spaghetti, and feeding some to the cats.  Their vet is all for it, and they like the stuff.  

Any lo-carb recipes are welcome!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  johnp 4/1/2015, 8:05 am

Other than the lettuce from our container not much. Since we are leaving for AZ tomorrow I packed all my new starts over to a friends house to water until we return. As for what others are eating from my garden is the 40+ lbs. of spaghetti squash I still had that I took to the local agency that helps feed the disadvantaged. When I opened the  door and pulled out the box the attendant got real excited. They were so happy to receive the squash and it made me feel good too. At the home and garden show earlier the agency was handing out free seeds and asking people to grow fresh vegetables for them. I told them that I would dedicate one 4x4 just for them.
johnp
johnp

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/1/2015, 11:40 am

Ate some daikon that had been blanched & frozen - like you can do with carrots. 

Glad the season is cranking up here soon.  All I have left are garlic, onions & in the freezer are some daikon w/ greens, peppers & a few tomatoes.   Actually, sounds like there might be some pasta sauce in my future. 
I love you 
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty does this count

Post  Razed Bed 4/1/2015, 6:02 pm

microgreens from a tray in our sun room
Razed Bed

Male Posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next