Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Introduction for New Co-Regional Host Toplef10Introduction for New Co-Regional Host 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host I22gcj10Introduction for New Co-Regional Host 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Introduction for New Co-Regional Host Toplef10Introduction for New Co-Regional Host 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host I22gcj10Introduction for New Co-Regional Host 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host

4 posters

Go down

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host Empty Introduction for New Co-Regional Host

Post  mschaef 9/10/2013, 11:46 pm

Hello to everyone,

I am excited to be a co regional host with cheyannarach!! I am looking forward to helping with everyone questions and hope that I will be able to fill at least part of the shoes for a regional host.

Now a little bit about me and my gardening journey.
I grew flowers when I was young; my favorite was and still is impatient. My dad always would joke about that being the perfect flower for me because I was very impatient. When I moved out on my own I was unable to garden for a while being in the college dorm. Gardening finally made an appearance back into my life after having my first baby. Two weeks after he was born my husband deployed for a year to the desert. I left Omaha, Nebraska where we were stationed and moved in with my in laws in Burlington, North Carolina. My mother in law was starting her first 3 4x4 that summer. I jumped right in and helped with baby in tow. Hubby came home. I returned home thinking that I could start my own Square Foot Garden but just after 5 months of having hubby home and before the snow could melt to start my garden he got sent again to the desert. This time it was for just for 6 month but I still willing went back to my in laws and their wonderful garden. After this deployment and with no more on the horizon I decided to make my own garden in base housing. For many of you who do not know about the military housing they really don’t like that you destroy the grass with a garden…ops…but it was worth it. I even convinced my hubby to expand and build more boxes for me over the years of living at that house. At one point I had 1-4x4, 2-2x2, and 2-1x1. It was wonderful until the military decided it was time for us to move to a new duty station. I learned during that move that the movers will not move Mel’s mix or boxes, period. So I said my good byes to my Mel’s mix and boxes and packed my ANSFG book. Upon arrive at our new and current duty station in Great Falls, Montana I went looking for a way that I could garden. Hubby said no to building boxes and having them put on the grass. Housing said yes to table tops mention that they could change their minds at a later date if they didn’t like them so they were out. I even tried to have boxes built and just have them on my porch. I finally and grudgingly decided to join the community garden in Great Falls and just plant in the soil. Well as the snow started to melt the base decided to utilize an empty plot right near my house with a community garden. I signed up and now have a nice in ground garden within a 5 min walking distance from my house. The reason it is in the ground and not boxes with Mel’s mix like I want is because hubby says that we cannot afford to put that kind of money out just to have to leave it again. Which does make sense but still it’s not fair…

So that’s my gardening journey…for now I will be content with the wonderful garden that I have and drooling over everyone else's gardens; I look forward to helping to answer your question and assist everyone with their gardens to the best of my ability. Let’s make our region the one that everyone wants to be part of…
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host Empty Re: Introduction for New Co-Regional Host

Post  RoOsTeR 9/11/2013, 7:37 am

We look forward to you serving us in the Western Mountains and High Plains region mschaef Introduction for New Co-Regional Host 3170584802 

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Introduction for New Co-Regional Host Empty Re: Introduction for New Co-Regional Host

Post  mschaef 9/11/2013, 9:41 am

Thanks Rooster, I hope I do a decent job...
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 9/12/2013, 12:19 pm

Welcome, you'll do grrreat!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 9/13/2013, 10:27 am

Welcome mschaef, we do have a great region!  I hope you can stay in the region and put down some roots for awhile!  At least you can stay on this forum no matter where you live!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down