Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 Toplef10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 I22gcj10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 Toplef10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 I22gcj10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

+71
milaneyjane
bev
jymarino
HouseofWool
MarcyG
westie42
PNG_Grandma
FamilyGardening
Glendale-gardener
kjenkins82
vjam5555
CarolynPhillips
Lindacol
shannon1
CindiLou
donnainzone5
Kelejan
UnderTheBlackWalnut
Menditha
dixie
GloriaG
Goosegirl
sarah in the garden
mcduff
tkdtara84
Dunkinjean
Nonna.PapaVino
graficow
boffer
Bec
sceleste54
jazzymaddy
Aub
herblover
staf74
camprn
bettyd_z7_va
martha
acara
pelujilla
MasonGarden
sherryeo
janefss2002
Furbalsmom
Weatherkid
clfraser
sfg4uKim
madnicmom
Smartchick
elliephant
dizzygardener
missmarie
nancy
Ha-v-v
quiltbea
FarmerValerie
BackyardBirdGardner
Blackrose
NHGardener
ferhoodled
Theresa
Chopper
WardinWake
duhh
buttaflie143
Old Hippie
Miss M
ashort
myhouseofBOYS
walshevak
middlemamma
75 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 Empty Re: Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

Post  clfraser 4/21/2011, 2:00 pm

Praying all turns out for the best!
clfraser
clfraser

Female Posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 Empty Re: Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

Post  Weatherkid 4/21/2011, 3:08 pm

Praying.
Weatherkid
Weatherkid

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom 4/21/2011, 5:01 pm

Good thoughts and best wishes flowing your way
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  janefss2002 4/21/2011, 6:47 pm

Acara,
Prayers for a good outcome and good health for you and your family. Each day that little one stays put is a blessing.

Jane
(I understand - I'm another mom that had a high risk pregnancy and a baby that came early.)
janefss2002
janefss2002

Female Posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 Empty Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

Post  sherryeo 4/21/2011, 6:55 pm

Best wishes for you and your family, Acara. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.
sherryeo
sherryeo

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post  MasonGarden 4/21/2011, 7:07 pm

Acara, I too am sending many prayers and well wishes to you and your family (and your doctors). I also, had a high risk pregnancy and a preemie, so I understand what you are going through. Many blessings to you all.
MasonGarden
MasonGarden

Female Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post  pelujilla 4/21/2011, 7:30 pm

Acara:

Know that I will pray for your wife and little one each and every day.
pelujilla
pelujilla

Back to top Go down

Post  acara 4/21/2011, 9:03 pm

First and foremost .... big internet hug for middlemamma BIG hug

I'd give Boffer one too ....but he get's kinda embarassed when I hug him while wearing pantyhose (long story, old forum thread joke, no worries if this makes no sense....LOL)

Secondly, no I'm not mad at anyone ...little embarrassed maybe, but not mad ...LOL

Thank you for all the well-wishes .... it was nice to finally get a chance to get home for a change of clothes (and much needed shower) & see this.

We're still on "delivery watch" for the next 21 hours.

For those of you who are lucky enough to not ever had to deal with this; preemie survival rates and permanent disability rates are astronomical (not in your favor) prior to 28 weeks. Before that point, there is only one thing that can do anything about improving the babys chance of survival & that's a massive dose of steroids to jump-start the baby lung development/lubrication and some minor benefits for the baby brain.

The dose is massive and has to be administered over two days & then there is a 24 hour period while they take effect. We got our second dose today at 6pm, so at this point we should hit our short term goal by around 6pm tomorrow.

Our next short-term goal is 28 weeks, where the mortality and permanent disability odds increase drastically (in our favor), and continue to increase (in our favor) on a logarithmic scale for every day the baby stays put in mama.

Unfortunately mama has no appreciable cervical length left, so a delivery is a sneeze or a wrong move away & gravity is not our friend Very Happy

We've taken up residence in our new 150 SF apartment (hospital room) & most likely will be here for the balance of the pregnancy. I've never hoped to be in such a small space, for as long as possible, so much in my life ...... and it's not too different from when I was an engineer living on a submarine ... LOL

I'll keep everyone posted as best I can & thank you again for all the post & prayers.

Again ... most peoples pregnancy "hell" is our normal & the the silver-lining to pregnancy problems is ..... you gotta be pregnant to have them ..... so life ain't so bad Very Happy

I'm sure my tomatoes are burning to a crisp in the 90 degree FL heat without water/attention & I may not have any good SFG harvest pictures for everyone this season, but I should have something much better if everything works out...LOL

Last edited by acara on 4/21/2011, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
acara
acara

Male Posts : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v 4/21/2011, 9:10 pm

Acara,

Thank you for taking the time to share! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts, prayers. Cheering you 3 along to a 28 weeks or more of course!!!!
Ha-v-v

Last edited by Ha-v-v on 4/21/2011, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 4/21/2011, 9:38 pm

Oh Acara, thank you so much for posting to us. Those long stints between showers and clothing changes while doing the hospital vigils are really something.

While I have always been blessed to have wonderful easy pregnancies and births, my youngest brother's wife was not so lucky. Scottie, my youngest nephew, recently turned 5. He was what they called a 'micro preemie', born at 27 weeks and weighed less than two pounds when he made his debut. Childbirth itself is an amazing miracle but Scottie takes my breath away every time I see him. He has no issues related to being a preemie. My brother was tragically killed just after they found out they were having another baby. So family members rallied around my sister in law and her other two boys, since she had to spend the majority of the pregnancy in hospital, without her husband to support her. He is the whole family's baby.

Life is an adventure. It is what happens when you make other plans and does not always go the way you want it to.

I am praying that God will give you and your wife and baby peace and strength and comfort and keep you in the palm of His hand.

Love, hugs and prayers, Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 993580

Gwynn

Last edited by Old Hippie on 4/21/2011, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the hug)
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Female Posts : 1156

Back to top Go down

Post  myhouseofBOYS 4/21/2011, 9:47 pm

Glad to hear baby is staying put thus far!
myhouseofBOYS

Back to top Go down

Post  martha 4/21/2011, 10:17 pm

adding my prayers and good wishes.
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 Empty Adding My Prayers

Post  bettyd_z7_va 4/22/2011, 12:53 am

Please know that I'm adding my prayers to all the others that are knocking on Heaven's Door.

Stay, Precious Baby, just stay a while longer.

Betty
bettyd_z7_va

Female Posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post  acara 4/22/2011, 7:26 am

Forgive my coping mechanism (gallows humor), but I have to admit I caught myself thinking as I was looking at 2-3# babies in the NICU ..... "I've got tomatoes on my vines right now, that weigh more than that"

Funny how your goals change in life. Six months ago, my goal in life was to grow a 5# tomato this season......... now I'd be the happiest man on the planet if I got a 5# healthy baby Very Happy

acara
acara

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 4/22/2011, 7:34 am

Fingers crossed Acara! Sounds like you have your priorities in order! we will try to grow that 5# tom for you. What a Face
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  pelujilla 4/22/2011, 7:43 am

acara wrote:Forgive my coping mechanism (gallows humor), but I have to admit I caught myself thinking as I was looking at 2-3# babies in the NICU ..... "I've got tomatoes on my vines right now, that weigh more than that"

Funny how your goals change in life. Six months ago, my goal in life was to grow a 5# tomato this season......... now I'd be the happiest man on the planet if I got a 5# healthy baby Very Happy

Awwww. Your sense of humor will keep you going, and we will make sure you , mom, and baby are covered in prayers.
My middle boy was 4lbs 3oz when born (we lost his twin during the 2nd trimester). I would cry through the pregnancy and when he was in NICU and my Mom told me to save my tears for when he became a teenager! Yesterday I took him to a parking lot to practice driving for the first time... I pray your baby "ripens on the vine."
pelujilla
pelujilla

Back to top Go down

Post  acara 4/22/2011, 7:58 am

Thanks.....the sucess stories we've heard over the last 2-3 days have been a huge help.

We're letting the Dr's do their job right now & hoping for the best ...... but I do have a back-up plan Very Happy ;

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 VelcroPlantTies

acara
acara

Back to top Go down

Post  staf74 4/22/2011, 7:59 am

Have been praying for you and your family. Thank you so much for checking in. God bless you all. Much love :!:
staf74
staf74

Male Posts : 554

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v 4/22/2011, 8:31 am

acara wrote:Thanks.....the sucess stories we've heard over the last 2-3 days have been a huge help.

We're letting the Dr's do their job right now & hoping for the best ...... but I do have a back-up plan Very Happy ;

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 VelcroPlantTies

That velcro works so well !! Should have a "1001" uses.
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackrose 4/22/2011, 8:35 am

acara wrote:Thanks.....the sucess stories we've heard over the last 2-3 days have been a huge help.

We're letting the Dr's do their job right now & hoping for the best
It's amazing what Dr's can do nowadays.

acara wrote: ...... but I do have a back-up plan Very Happy ;

Ummmm... I don't think I even want to ask what you are thinking of doing with that!
Razz

Don't forget to take care of yourself while the professionals take care of your wife and baby! I love you
Blackrose
Blackrose

Female Posts : 710

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 4/22/2011, 8:51 am

acara wrote:Forgive my coping mechanism (gallows humor), but I have to admit I caught myself thinking as I was looking at 2-3# babies in the NICU ..... "I've got tomatoes on my vines right now, that weigh more than that"

That's not gallows humor. It's reality. But more and more techniques are being developed to assist the micro preemies and if the collective prayers and well wishes of this forum family have any power at all, you will get much closer to that 5 pounder.

And take care of yourself too, cause you are needed.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 4/22/2011, 10:59 am

And don't forget Duct tape......the handyman's secret weapon! It comes in different colours now too. Laughing

I believe God gave us humour to use as a survival method. My favourite move, "Life is Beautiful" is the story of how one man used humour to endure a horrible situation and save his son. Sometimes it is the only way we can get through the trials that we face.

Life sure does have a way of changing our priorities doesn't it. We could hold our little Scottie in one hand when he was born. Now you can hold him at all!! Praying for a 5 pounder for you...baby that is. You'll get the 5 pound tomato another time.

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 4/22/2011, 11:12 am

I love clear duct tape, great for bad children. JUST KIDDING!!!!
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 4/22/2011, 11:15 am

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 2 262465 yeah the silver stuff showed up too much and clear packing tape didn't stick as well.

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 4/22/2011, 11:29 am

OH, I used to long for a velcro wall like David Letterman had, then I would not have to wonder where they were or what they were up to when quiet.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next