Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Toplef10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 I22gcj10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Toplef10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 I22gcj10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cabbage worms
by Guinevere Today at 2:45 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Today at 2:42 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson Today at 1:34 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by JAM23 Yesterday at 4:24 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:13 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson 5/10/2024, 1:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 11:02 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 7:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 3:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 3:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 6:57 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 6:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/3/2024, 11:08 pm

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 3:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 7:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 12:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 12:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 11:27 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 2:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 4:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 6:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 11:13 am

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 7:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 1:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 9:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 4:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 5:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 4:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 2:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 10:19 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+47
donnainzone5
JAM23
Soose
Hawgwild
NAR56
Jenn-NOLA
Momofsix6!
Hip2B
Bean boy
rgassen
Simso
Dunkinjean
Cherbear
sonofson
Blossom137
llama momma
kauairosina
p14shooter
AuntieBeth
Hypogeiody
CitizenKate
OldCrow
lvanderb
Emily49
mollyhespra
FL Garden Gal
Kelejan
JohnKelly
Mikesgardn
Judy McConnell
MrBooker
AtlantaMarie
Cajun Cappy
Yardslave
bluelacedredhead
markqz
hammock gal
CapeCoddess
trolleydriver
johnbmarek
LilBittyBean
plantoid
sanderson
countrynaturals
OhioGardener
Scorpio Rising
yolos
51 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  CapeCoddess 8/10/2019, 9:46 am

One last asparagus spear, lots of cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, kale and collard greens.
What a Face
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  countrynaturals 8/10/2019, 12:39 pm

For the first time since 2017, I have a "real" harvest of something -- enough to cook on its own, without adding a can of this or a bunch of that. happy turtle  (I also have more coming and plenty of seeds to collect for next year.) Some of these guys are 2' long.
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Beans210
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/10/2019, 6:40 pm

Looks good, CN!  Our Blue Lake bush beans have produced this year like I have never seen before.  Love fresh green beans!  Very Happy

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4543

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/10/2019, 7:16 pm

YUM!  Nice y’all!  Tonight just a couple cukes.  But plan is for bread and butter pickles tomorrow!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8731

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 8/10/2019, 8:14 pm

Green beans cooked with ham hock, scalloped potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumbers  -  all grown in my garden.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/11/2019, 5:59 pm

My first muskmelon!  Minnesota Midget!  Sugar sweet, and delish!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/17/2019, 1:37 am

I always have a couple of Minnesota Midgets each summer. They are really sweet.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21557

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/17/2019, 8:26 am

LilBittyBean wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:FIGS! happy turtle
I'm so jealous! I love figs.
Katie and I are taking turns harvesting. We're each getting a nice little bowlful almost every day. YEE-HAH!

We're also getting 2-3 new tree starts every year. Hopefully, next year we'll have enough of a crop to start canning again. Fingers crossed. The mother tree in Cottonwood, where we lived before, produced so many figs we had enough to can and make jam for 3 families that would last until the next year's harvest. That's our dream for this property, too, but it will take a lot of young trees to match what that big one produced. bounce
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  LilBittyBean 8/19/2019, 3:50 pm

Still not harvesting anything but arugula and some thinned out lettuce and carrot sprouts. Enjoyed them on top of today's pizza...
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Pizzamicro
LilBittyBean
LilBittyBean

Female Posts : 95

http://www.southernplanteater.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/21/2019, 11:07 pm

Made 3 loaves of zucchini bread today. Got enough for 3-4 more loaves, tomorrow, then I'm done for this year. The whole family loves it, served with whipped cream cheese. hungry
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/23/2019, 12:12 pm

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 1stcuk10
My first cucumber -- Mediterranean -- sweet and crisp -- skin so thin it doesn't need to be pealed.

For the first time ever, I have enough beans to freeze. I've been harvesting and refrigerating asparagus beans for several days. Today I have enough to blanch and freeze. YEE-HAH! (I've already saved enough seeds for next year, too, and these plants show no sign of letting up. happy turtle

Also, 2 regular tomatoes from yesterday (forgot to put them in the pic). Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 8/24/2019, 6:36 am

countrynaturals wrote:eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 1stcuk10
My first cucumber -- Mediterranean -- sweet and crisp -- skin so thin it doesn't need to be pealed.

For the first time ever, I have enough beans to freeze. I've been harvesting and refrigerating asparagus beans for several days. Today I have enough to blanch and freeze. YEE-HAH! (I've already saved enough seeds for next year, too, and these plants show no sign of letting up. happy turtle

Also, 2 regular tomatoes from yesterday (forgot to put them in the pic). Embarassed
CN, that cucumber is fascinating. So many different kinds of fruit and veg that we never see in the supermarket, or even the farm stand. Love those beans too. Nice that they're producing so much, too!
hammock gal
hammock gal

Female Posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/24/2019, 7:29 am

Eating lots of tomatoes now. Unfortunately the Brandywine are done for this year, but the Golden Jubilee are at their peak in production. And, of course, lots of cherry tomatoes.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Golden12

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/28/2019, 1:06 pm

CN, You have a harvest!! bounce The cucumber looks similar to an Armenian cucumber, which people in this area grow. They both must have hot weather backgrounds.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21557

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/28/2019, 2:31 pm

sanderson wrote:CN,  You have a harvest!!  bounce   The cucumber looks similar to an Armenian cucumber, which people in this area grow.  They both must have hot weather backgrounds.
Yup. They didn't have Armenian, so I got these and I'm thrilled with them. Katie gets to pick one today, and there should be another ready for us, tomorrow, with more on the way. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/28/2019, 6:15 pm

Made a sautéed smoked sausage, garlic & onion & sweet peppers from the garden, pasta and some parmy cheese, with a title cheddar for melt.  YUM!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 8/28/2019, 7:08 pm

Made Marinara Sauce from SFG grown tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil plus other ingredients. This has been frozen in several containers for future use.

Had some SFG grown beans with dinner.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 8/29/2019, 10:23 am

OhioGardener wrote:Eating lots of tomatoes now. Unfortunately the Brandywine are done for this year, but the Golden Jubilee are at their peak in production. And, of course, lots of cherry tomatoes.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Golden12

Oh, oh, oh! Looking at that pile of cherry tomatoes reminds me of this amazing recipe that has become one of my favorite ways to use those little sweeties. I think I posted it here before, but in case I didn't, here it is again. Simple, fast and scrumptious! drooling hungry drooling  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pasta-with-15-minute-burst-cherry-tomato-sauce-56390060
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/29/2019, 11:28 am

hammock gal wrote:

Oh, oh, oh! Looking at that pile of cherry tomatoes reminds me of this amazing recipe that has become one of my favorite ways to use those little sweeties. I think I posted it here before, but in case I didn't, here it is again. Simple, fast and scrumptious! drooling hungry drooling  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pasta-with-15-minute-burst-cherry-tomato-sauce-56390060
AWESOME IDEA! Thanks for sharing. My cherry toms are just starting up again. I should have enough to try this in a couple of weeks. I CAN'T WAIT! bounce
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/30/2019, 2:02 pm

Basil green beans from the garden and store-bought fish. This is my first time to grow purple basil. It doesn't seem as hardy as the green stuff, but the smell is really potent. Smile  
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Basil-10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 8/30/2019, 3:13 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Basil green beans from the garden and store-bought fish. This is my first time to grow purple basil. It doesn't seem as hardy as the green stuff, but the smell is really potent. Smile  
Plus cucumber/tomato salad. 4 out of 5 dinner items from the garden -- that's a first. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  hammock gal 8/30/2019, 4:01 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Basil green beans from the garden and store-bought fish. This is my first time to grow purple basil. It doesn't seem as hardy as the green stuff, but the smell is really potent. Smile  

Beautiful! It almost looks like a wreath...with a bow. A delicious wreath!
hammock gal
hammock gal

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/1/2019, 11:52 am

We'll be having Stuffed Bell Peppers for dinner today.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Untitl10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/1/2019, 8:22 pm

Zucchini...if it counts in zucchini bread!  eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 3170584802
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/3/2019, 5:55 pm

Grilled hamburgers with fresh green beans, boiled beet leaves, and a garden salad. Everything but the hamburger came from the gardens.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next