Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 Toplef10An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 I22gcj10An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 Toplef10An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 I22gcj10An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Today at 4:12 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Today at 4:10 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

An excellent read for those with Diabetes

+5
countrynaturals
RoOsTeR
Scorpio Rising
CapeCoddess
Ginger Blue
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  countrynaturals 4/20/2017, 11:31 am

countrynaturals wrote:
Scorpio Rising wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:After 48 hours of strict adherence, Hubby's blood sugar is down to 149, which is huge since he's been having horrendous side-effects to the meds he's on. Now that gawdawful pill can go away (we hope). He is also losing a little weight, which is also huge.  Very Happy
Only 48 hours????!!!!!!  Wow!  Then you are on your way to healing! :carrot flip:But don't change any meds without doctors orders....
He has  such awful reactions to the meds we had no choice but for him to stop taking them. This was his 3rd prescription -- only been on it a couple of weeks. The other 2 only lasted a few days to a week. One actually had the opposite effect and made his blood sugar go up. affraid We're monitoring him carefully. If his blood sugar starts going up again or if he starts feeling worse, we'll go right back to the doctor.
130 THIS MORNING! WITHOUT THE PILL!  cheers 

I can't believe it. This is beyond amazing. I am writing this through happy tears. I was so afraid it would go back up when he stopped taking the pill. Kale is now our "drug" of choice WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. Razz I'm going to plant some more this morning for containers I can bring in when the weather gets too hot. Luckily, we all love it. When I saw it was Dr. Fuhrman's #1 food I was thrilled. LIFE IS GOOD! sunny
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 Empty Re: An excellent read for those with Diabetes

Post  Ginger Blue 4/20/2017, 12:03 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:
Scorpio Rising wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:After 48 hours of strict adherence, Hubby's blood sugar is down to 149, which is huge since he's been having horrendous side-effects to the meds he's on. Now that gawdawful pill can go away (we hope). He is also losing a little weight, which is also huge.  Very Happy
Only 48 hours????!!!!!!  Wow!  Then you are on your way to healing! :carrot flip:But don't change any meds without doctors orders....
He has  such awful reactions to the meds we had no choice but for him to stop taking them. This was his 3rd prescription -- only been on it a couple of weeks. The other 2 only lasted a few days to a week. One actually had the opposite effect and made his blood sugar go up. affraid We're monitoring him carefully. If his blood sugar starts going up again or if he starts feeling worse, we'll go right back to the doctor.
130 THIS MORNING! WITHOUT THE PILL!  cheers 

I can't believe it. This is beyond amazing. I am writing this through happy tears. I was so afraid it would go back up when he stopped taking the pill. Kale is now our "drug" of choice WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. Razz I'm going to plant some more this morning for containers I can bring in when the weather gets too hot. Luckily, we all love it. When I saw it was Dr. Fuhrman's #1 food I was thrilled. LIFE IS GOOD! sunny

This is AWESOME news!!!  clap  okay rock on
Save
Ginger Blue
Ginger Blue

Female Posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/20/2017, 2:27 pm

sobbing  <<<<< me feeling so happy for you both.

Kale is the new roll sign slow.  <<<<<<< that's a pill
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/20/2017, 6:40 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:

He has also lost 3 lbs. in 3 days and this is the lowest his blood sugar has been in 5 years -- with or without meds. Cool Needless to say, we are believers already.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/21/2017, 1:34 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
CapeCoddess wrote:

He has also lost 3 lbs. in 3 days and this is the lowest his blood sugar has been in 5 years -- with or without meds. Cool Needless to say, we are believers already.
This is INSANE! He lost 2 more lbs. this am. cheers
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/21/2017, 4:13 pm

Well done, both of you! clap
you rock
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/21/2017, 5:12 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:Well done, both of you! clap
you rock
But wait -- there's more . . . we just got back from the grocery store. It only took us half as long to shop because we only went down half the aisles. Then, even though we filled 2 carts, IT ONLY COST US HALF AS MUCH AS USUAL! This program is absolute magic! I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/22/2017, 11:26 am

Love that story, country!  And once your garden gets into full swing it will be even half of that. 

Any more news from anyone? Ginger Blue, how's it going?  are you hanging in there?
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/22/2017, 11:49 am

Hubby is down another pound this morning and I lost .4. Learned another lesson, yesterday. Our trip to town was so exhausting we couldn't prepare anything healthy for dinner. I had a TV dinner and he had a can of chili. We didn't really fall off the plan, but our grade for the day would be a C+ at best. I need to figure out a way to make healthy TV dinners of our own to keep in the freezer for emergencies. BTW, Hubby's blood sugar was 144 this morning. Not too shabby after a mediocre day before. Smile
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/22/2017, 11:51 am

CapeCoddess wrote:Love that story, country!  And once your garden gets into full swing it will be even half of that. 

Any more news from anyone? Ginger Blue, how's it going?  are you hanging in there?
Ginger? You started this miraculous ball rolling, I hope you're doing GREAT! I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 4/22/2017, 5:29 pm

I'm going to have to read this thread thoroughly when I get back home Sunday.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21564

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/22/2017, 6:22 pm

sanderson wrote:I'm going to have to read this thread thoroughly when I get back home Sunday.
WARNING! It could be life changing! affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/23/2017, 6:44 am

countrynaturals wrote:Hubby is down another pound this morning and I lost .4. Learned another lesson, yesterday. Our trip to town was so exhausting we couldn't prepare anything healthy for dinner. I had a TV dinner and he had a can of chili. We didn't really fall off the plan, but our grade for the day would be a C+ at best. I need to figure out a way to make healthy TV dinners of our own to keep in the freezer for emergencies. BTW, Hubby's blood sugar was 144 this morning. Not too shabby after a mediocre day before. Smile

Every weekend I make a big pot of veggie soup or stew or stoup for those nights when I just don't feel like putting together anything during the week. They can be eaten cold or warm and dumped over salad. I also keep one of those big one pound clam packs of mixed salad greens in the fridge. In the freezer I have bags vegetables that can be thrown in the blender and made into a creamy smoothie any time, along with the fruit bowl on the counter that is always overflowing. If you stock up on all the right things they are there for you to grab and eat whenever you don't want to think about it too much.
Smile
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 4/24/2017, 2:33 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:Hubby is down another pound this morning and I lost .4. Learned another lesson, yesterday. Our trip to town was so exhausting we couldn't prepare anything healthy for dinner. I had a TV dinner and he had a can of chili. We didn't really fall off the plan, but our grade for the day would be a C+ at best. I need to figure out a way to make healthy TV dinners of our own to keep in the freezer for emergencies. BTW, Hubby's blood sugar was 144 this morning. Not too shabby after a mediocre day before. Smile

Every weekend I make a big pot of veggie soup or stew or stoup for those nights when I just don't feel like putting together anything during the week. They can be eaten cold or warm and dumped over salad. I also keep one of those big one pound clam packs of mixed salad greens in the fridge. In the freezer I have bags vegetables that can be thrown in the blender and made into a creamy smoothie any time, along with the fruit bowl on the counter that is always overflowing. If you stock up on all the right things they are there for you to grab and eat whenever you don't want to think about it too much.
Smile

I do much the same. I usually always have a vegetable type soup prepared, my weeks worth of fresh veggies cut, generally 1-2 dozen hard boiled eggs, and cottage cheese on hand. Canned tuna, turkey, and sardines come in handy as well.

An excellent read for those with Diabetes - Page 2 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2