Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Toplef10eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 I22gcj10eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Toplef10eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 I22gcj10eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Today at 11:09 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Guinevere Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» Cabbage worms
by Guinevere Yesterday at 7:07 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:34 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by JAM23 5/11/2024, 5:24 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson 5/10/2024, 2:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 12:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

+27
Sailormancga72
Hawgwild
JAM23
Frost?
Cherbear
donnainzone5
Mikesgardn
MrBooker
Yardslave
plantoid
llama momma
bgardner
Emily49
mollyhespra
trolleydriver
ralitaco
TCgardening
LilBittyBean
Scorpio Rising
markqz
OhioGardener
ChuckD
sanderson
cherylLun
countrynaturals
yolos
Cajun Cappy
31 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Empty Re: What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

Post  donnainzone5 7/2/2023, 7:50 pm

Some volunteer dill, and 11 pea pods.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

sanderson likes this post

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Empty Re: What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

Post  sanderson 7/2/2023, 11:32 pm

This morning: more green beans, tomatoes (most are Snow Fairy), poblanos, jalapenos, more purple hull pink-eyed peas.

I intentionally grew cilantro this summer to bolt for coriander seeds. Suddenly, the plant was infested with spider mites. I was going to rip it out and there before me was a lady bug. Not only that, but a lot of tiny larvae. When they grew bigger, I counted 50 and I'm sure there were more. That put a crimp on ripping the plant out. The mites are gone and the larvae are pupating.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21557

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

donnainzone5, Scorpio Rising and markqz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/3/2023, 8:12 am

sanderson wrote:I intentionally grew cilantro this summer to bolt for coriander seeds.  Suddenly, the plant was infested with spider mites.  I was going to rip it out and there before me was a lady bug.  Not only that, but a lot of tiny larvae.  When they grew bigger, I counted 50 and I'm sure there were more.  That put a crimp on ripping the plant out.  The mites are gone and the larvae are pupating.

cheers rock on

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4544

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

donnainzone5, sanderson and Scorpio Rising like this post

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Empty Snow Fairy in Summer

Post  markqz 7/9/2023, 1:52 pm

So, I have no record of planting this Snow Fairy. It may have been started from a cutting on a whim, but I know it's been growing since early this year or late last winter.

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 KayRwSg
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

sanderson and Scorpio Rising like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/9/2023, 5:06 pm

Yesterday I harvested both ripe and blushing tomatoes, plus green beans and different peppers.  I normally wait until they ripen on the vine but Docwas commented on vine ripe and "blushing - kitchen ripening" as producing the same quality:

The small ones are Snow Fairy.  I actually found 2 more ripe Cherokee Purples (that big one).  Normally if I get 1 CP, I am thrilled.  This year there have been 4 with more on the vines!!  A third round of canning today with the total number of ripe tomatoes and peppers that I have.  Probably salsa.  And the dishwasher is broken.  Sad  Sad   url=https://servimg.com/view/18260475/4145]eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Tomato52[/url]

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Scorpio Rising and lisawallace88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/9/2023, 7:25 pm

Probably more shelling peas.  I've been getting about two dozen a day and have already accumulated 9.6 C. (with shells), plus a few more.  This is going to be a blockbuster pea year!  And the pods will contribute to the compost pile.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

sanderson, Scorpio Rising and lisawallace88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lisawallace88 7/10/2023, 9:27 am

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Front_10
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Garden10
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Spoon_10
Here's a few pics of my garden currently.  I'm very excited about the spoon tomatoes-supposed to be the "world's smallest"...they're ADORABLE.  They are an experiment this year and the vines seem to be reasonable prolific.  But holy cow  Shocked those roma-type!! I've never seen roma tomatoes that big!   Some of them are as big as my two fists together!  I'm looking forward to canning tomato sauce and my great grandmother's recipe for sweet chili sauce  Very Happy  Also a pic of my front flower bed for the pretties-amazing grey (and other) poppies, the hydrangea that lived and a gardenia.  The goal for this bed (we've only been in the house 2 yrs in Aug) is highly scented flowers/all season blooming
lisawallace88
lisawallace88

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/10/2023, 2:38 pm

If you like poppies, you can grow "bread seed" poppies for their seeds.eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Poppy_13eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Poppy_14
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Poppy_15

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Poppy_17

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  lisawallace88 7/11/2023, 1:35 pm

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Amazin10
I've seen those!  But I plan to let mine re-seed themselves and hopefully multiply in the years to come!  We don't eat many poppy seeds and I just adore the colors I have
lisawallace88
lisawallace88

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/11/2023, 5:34 pm

First Sweet Banana Pepper to add to this evening's salad. There are about 20 more peppers on the bush, but this was the first big enough to pick.
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 First_12

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  lisawallace88 7/12/2023, 8:57 am

Tiny handful of tiny strawberries!  The plants are new this year, and due to circumstances, they went in nearly a month late, so I didn't expect much.  Hoping for bigger and better next year!eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Strawb10
lisawallace88
lisawallace88

donnainzone5, sanderson and Scorpio Rising like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/20/2023, 10:17 am

Picked more Sweet Banana Peppers.  Soon will have enough for a Sausage Stuffed Banana Pepper Casserole.
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Sweet_11

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Empty Zucchini, golden and green, 2 cherokee tomatoes, snow fairy

Post  markqz 7/22/2023, 12:55 pm

Zucchini, golden and green, 2 cherokee tomatoes, snow fairies

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 4JKop5N
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

donnainzone5, sanderson, Scorpio Rising and lisawallace88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/22/2023, 4:27 pm

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 3170584802

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/23/2023, 8:27 am

Early morning before the day gets hot, picked some beautiful, sweet Merlot Leaf Lettuce.  This has become my go-to summer lettuce since it bolt resistant.
eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Merlot11

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

sanderson, Scorpio Rising, markqz and lisawallace88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz 7/23/2023, 2:12 pm

OhioGardener wrote:Early morning before the day gets hot, picked some beautiful, sweet Merlot Leaf Lettuce.  This has become my go-to summer lettuce since it bolt resistant.
Looks delicious! Served that way, in that bowl, it looks like you're ready to pour milk on it! Wink  Am I right in thinking that that's the trick-or-treat serving bowl you're using?
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/23/2023, 4:04 pm

markqz wrote: Am I right in thinking that that's the trick-or-treat serving bowl you're using?

Yes, yes it is. Have this orange one and a gray one. From about 5 years ago, or so...   LOL

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Scorpio Rising likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/23/2023, 5:10 pm

funny post

I picked a ton of cucumbers, and 4 summer patty pans.  One accidental onion while weeding that bed….Cucumber and onion salad it is!  

Getting pulses of rain here.  Getting ready to go out and get my garlic prepared for storing!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8731

sanderson likes this post

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Empty What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today

Post  donnainzone5 7/23/2023, 6:14 pm

Several more garlic heads.  Not to mention a small handful of blackberries and boysenberries.  

The garlic is amazing because I wasn't able to prepare its bed or plant it because of a total knee replacement.  I did manage to sprinkle some homemade compost onto the existing MM (only about 3" or so), but then the weather intervened.

The MM froze solid.  Once it thawed just a bit, I poked in some seed garlic cloves that had been sitting in the pantry for far too long and had partially dried out.  They took forever to sprout, but I'm quite pleased with the 10 - 12 that did grow.  Two more to go!

This particular bed also features some mystery starts.  By a process of elimination, I now think the pumpkin I composted several years ago contributed to the compost I used.  They're now beginning to bloom.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/25/2023, 7:34 pm

Picked the first batch of bush beans today. These are Blue Lake Bush Beans, and picking them will become a daily event. About the time these beans are finished, the pole beans will be ready to start picking since they are just now starting to climb the arbor.

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Bush_b10

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 7/27/2023, 12:38 pm

Busy morning harvesting before the heat of the day set in, heat index is over 100ºF this afternoon and too hot to be in the garden.  Pulled some beets and spring onions, and picked spinach, swiss chard, kale, beans, banana peppers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and zucchini squash.  No tomatoes yet, and we are impatiently waiting for them to start ripening.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 7/30/2023, 6:14 pm

Picked & pickled 2.2 kg of climbing French runner beans as dilly beans .
 Picked and sweet pickled with sugar, dill & mixed pickling spice three different kinds of Ukrainian cucumber as super thin slices and also as baton sticks.
 They won't be ready to eat till December ...such are the trials of life.
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/2/2023, 7:11 pm

Picked more Blue Lake Bush Beans, and some Sweet Banana Peppers this evening. We are picking beans every two days now, and freezing a lot of them. But, the freezer is about full.  

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Blue_l11

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Sweet_12

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Empty WOW Roma

Post  lisawallace88 8/3/2023, 8:16 am

I eggplant - What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today - Page 14 Ginorm10picked this ENORMOUS roma yesterday, will let it finish ripening inside.  I have a critter of some kind who has been taking bites out of my maters, so am picking them before completely ripe in hopes of saving some!
lisawallace88
lisawallace88

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 8/3/2023, 8:37 am

lisawallace88 wrote:  I have a critter of some kind who has been taking bites out of my maters, so am picking them before completely ripe in hopes of saving some!

Birds will take bites out of ripening tomatoes to get the moisture from them. A bird bath nearby will help prevent birds from feeding on tomatoes and/or beans.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next