Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Toplef10Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club I22gcj10Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Toplef10Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club I22gcj10Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club

+4
MarcyG
littlesapphire
camprn
notagreenthumbedgal
8 posters

Go down

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Empty Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club

Post  notagreenthumbedgal 7/29/2011, 1:45 pm

Hello all! Would like to know if anyone would like to venture an opinion.

Through a discount website I belong to, there is an offer to join a seed of the month club. The seeds are for heirloom varieties, they are certified to be genetic-something-or-other (sorry, not enough coffee this morning, details are overwhelming right now), they send seeds based on your climate, popularity with other customers, etc. I'd put the name of the company offering the deal, but didn't know if that was "cool".

The subscription is less than $15 for one year, 8 packs the first month, 4 each month after. Different mixture of fruit, veg and/or herb each time. I'm a first time SFG'er; I think I will continue.

What do you think? Good idea, sketchy, too many seeds for a gal without a green thumb?

Thanks for your input and Happy Friday!!
notagreenthumbedgal
notagreenthumbedgal

Back to top Go down

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Empty Re: Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club

Post  camprn 7/29/2011, 1:48 pm

Sounds ok, is there a way to post a link? but I would still do a background check on the club/company and make payment through paypal or something. but that is just me.
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Empty Link

Post  notagreenthumbedgal 7/29/2011, 1:57 pm

Thanks camprn!

I pay another party that "delivers" the deal to it's subscribers; they do different deals everyday. If anyone is interested the discount website is www.jasmere.com (my referral link is https://www.jasmere.com/r/2f777da8?t=a8f591; I get credit if people use it, but feel free to go to general website -- not posting for the credit, though it wouldn't hurt! Very Happy )

The company offering seeds of the month is www.averagepersongardening.com.

Thanks!
notagreenthumbedgal
notagreenthumbedgal

Back to top Go down

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Empty Re: Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club

Post  littlesapphire 7/31/2011, 6:16 pm

Hey, that actually sounds like a good idea to me. Let's see, 8 packets the first month plus 4 each month after for a year makes... 52? Divide $13 by 52 and that comes out to 25 cents a packet. That's an outstanding price for heirloom non-gmo seeds, which I've seen go for $2.50 in the store.

The downside would be that you don't have control over what you get, of course. You might get things you don't want or can't use.

So in the end I think it's up to you. Do you like a surprise? I'm seriously considering getting them!
littlesapphire
littlesapphire

Female Posts : 826

http://www.sanorigardens.org

Back to top Go down

Post  littlesapphire 7/31/2011, 7:05 pm

Alright, I couldn't resist myself. I used your referral code and bought a year's worth of seeds Smile
littlesapphire
littlesapphire

Female Posts : 826

http://www.sanorigardens.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MarcyG 7/31/2011, 8:33 pm

Yeah I think i'm going to also Very Happy Great deal thanks for sharing
MarcyG
MarcyG

Back to top Go down

Post  MarcyG 7/31/2011, 8:39 pm

If you have a facebook go on and like Jasmere and "like" them you get a $5 coupon code so It makes your seeds for a year only $8.00
MarcyG
MarcyG

Back to top Go down

Need Opinion: Seed of the Month Club Empty I'm in!

Post  rjdudley55 8/1/2011, 1:23 am

Just bought them also! Too good a deal to pass up, no matter what I end up with for seed selection.
rjdudley55
rjdudley55

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 8/1/2011, 2:17 am

camprn wrote:Sounds ok, is there a way to post a link? but I would still do a background check on the club/company and make payment through paypal or something. but that is just me.
I looked and you can pay by snail mail send a money order no need to use a cc at all.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  teamhillbilly 8/2/2011, 7:31 am

littlesapphire wrote:Alright, I couldn't resist myself. I used your referral code and bought a year's worth of seeds Smile

well what did you get ?????Razz
teamhillbilly

Male Posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 8/2/2011, 9:20 am

A year ago I might have gone for such a deal. Sounds good.

Now I want to choose specific varieties that I found work for me in my area in my climate and with my taste. Having too much seed I won't use taking up space in the fridge isn't worth it to me. There's just so much space I can use in my garden (nine 4 x 4s, 3 hilled rows, and 2 community garden rows).

Family and I are still taste-testing tomatoes this year to see which dozen or so we would like to grow, as well as peppers, cukes, zukes and other crops.

Very now and then I'm sure I'll be tempted by one or two new varieties I "just have to try" but I hope to keep those to a minimum.

Good luck with your monthly treasures and enjoy. I hope you get seed that really works for you.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  teamhillbilly 8/2/2011, 12:51 pm

quiltbea wrote:A year ago I might have gone for such a deal. Sounds good.

Now I want to choose specific varieties that I found work for me in my area in my climate and with my taste. Having too much seed I won't use taking up space in the fridge isn't worth it to me. There's just so much space I can use in my garden (nine 4 x 4s, 3 hilled rows, and 2 community garden rows).

Family and I are still taste-testing tomatoes this year to see which dozen or so we would like to grow, as well as peppers, cukes, zukes and other crops.

Very now and then I'm sure I'll be tempted by one or two new varieties I "just have to try" but I hope to keep those to a minimum.

Good luck with your monthly treasures and enjoy. I hope you get seed that really works for you.
yep I'm about the same now with limited space:no:
teamhillbilly

Male Posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down