Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Toplef10Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 I22gcj10Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Toplef10Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 I22gcj10Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun......

+25
Triciasgarden
yolos
Daniel9999
Too Tall Tomatoes
ericam
Nonna.PapaVino
martha
tomperrin
Goosegirl
plantoid
gwennifer
Lavender Debs
llama momma
UnderTheBlackWalnut
CindiLou
boog1
GWN
Ha-v-v
AvaDGardner
camprn
duhh
RoOsTeR
boffer
sfg4uKim
Josh
29 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun......

Post  boffer 4/3/2012, 11:41 am

This summer, the swimmers in the Olympics will be wearing hi-tech body suits in the pool to reduce water friction.

Back in the day, competitive swimmers would shave their entire bodies and wear Speedos to reduce friction. Google Mark Spitz and check out his Speedos. They were in fashion around pools in those days.

boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun......

Post  gwennifer 4/3/2012, 12:04 pm

CindiLou wrote:snucked out to the greenhouse this morning in my nightgown to see if I needed to open it up! ...babies before dressing lol...

Yesterday I had to check on some babies on the front porch while still in my pj's and bathrobe. Just as I stepped out, the neighbor across the street had backed out and was driving by. She laughed and waved when she saw me. Bad timing.
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 4/3/2012, 12:32 pm

Eeeh Josh when I were a lad , any hair I had below the cut up bladder of a case foot ball was cut off by me da with a girt big pair of shears none of the door mat stuff you have showing below your hat.

( we wuz pooooor very poor )

Thongs .....thongs are to be found in the book of hymns & common prayer page thixty nine

Bermuda shorts & PJ's ... why when I were a lad , I had hand me downs which was rathger embarrassing as I have nine older sisters .

I went out into the garden in my bed time clothes and got arrested.. evidently being in your birthday suit at lunch time on the front lawn is not allowed..
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  CindiLou 4/3/2012, 12:44 pm

Josh wrote:Ok here I am...style'n

Black "Nike Mandals" with black no show socks.

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Stylen

SO NOT "style'n"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would be laughed out of town wearing socks with sandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  AvaDGardner 4/3/2012, 1:54 pm

I think it depends where you live. IA & ID are not that far apart. My guys are into the black sock things too, and I laugh a lot when folding laundry. They don't get it...black socks meant dad forgot to pack the right kind for vacation, so he's running around in casual clothes & shoes with his black (dress) socks on!

As for Speedos, water polo players still wear them. There were two popular phrases. One was 'grape smugglers.' They leave nothing to the imagination. Cool
AvaDGardner
AvaDGardner

Female Posts : 634

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 4/3/2012, 2:05 pm

I know a priest who shocked the bejeebies out of his new personal cook when he came home to the rectory from bicycling in his speedos. She about died right there when he came walking in. affraid
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 4/3/2012, 2:13 pm

AvaDGardner wrote:I think it depends where you live. IA & ID are not that far apart. My guys are into the black sock things too, and I laugh a lot when folding laundry. They don't get it...black socks meant dad forgot to pack the right kind for vacation, so he's running around in casual clothes & shoes with his black (dress) socks on!

As for Speedos, water polo players still wear them. There were two popular phrases. One was 'grape smugglers.' They leave nothing to the imagination. Cool

AVA..... you owe me a new keyboard and some screen cleaners ..I was drinking a mug of tea & had a mouthful of it when I read your final line to the post.Laughing
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/3/2012, 2:28 pm

+1 plantoid!

Golf courses used to have dress codes. When did they start allowing golfers wearing their boxers?! Razz
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  UnderTheBlackWalnut 4/3/2012, 2:45 pm

Yep - My older son (age 24) will wear mandals with socks - but he's actually a shoe store manager and more trendy with his styles - he also wears loafer styles what I used to call "boat shoes"...but there is a new name for it....oh yea "Sperrys" or "topsiders"...

My younger son is much more traditional and wouldn't be caught dead in mandals except to run outside in my husband's slippers for something in his car.... However, he will wear black Nike or Polo socks with white Nike shoes with the black swoosh and black laces... Smile

I guess Illinois has it's own weird trends, eh Josh? BTW - I'm thinking you are lookin pretty darn good! My younger son went golfing today too...but his golf clubs are from when he was about a freshman in high school (he's 19 now and taller and stronger) so he's been working on mom and dad for a new set... Smile
UnderTheBlackWalnut
UnderTheBlackWalnut

Female Posts : 559
Location : Springfield (central), IL, on the line between 5b and 6a

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/3/2012, 2:57 pm

I had to google 'mandal'. It's a 'a men’s thong sandal'. There's that word again!
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh 4/3/2012, 4:41 pm

CindiLou wrote:
Josh wrote:Ok here I am...style'n

Black "Nike Mandals" with black no show socks.

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Stylen

SO NOT "style'n"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would be laughed out of town wearing socks with sandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CinciLou it's the kind of socks you wear...they have to be "no show socks"...if they come above your ankle..your gonna get laughed at.

Boffer...in my mind this is how I have you pictured...tell me it ain't so....
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Boffer
Josh
Josh

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 741

http://greenesgardenthings.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 4/3/2012, 4:51 pm

darn funny

Add some belly and lose the sock garters!

Of course my legs aren't that tanned!

They call 'em 'no show socks' so it's OK for men to wear what women call footies! Wink
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/3/2012, 5:15 pm

Another hint: they are only 'no show' socks when worn with shoes so they "don't show"! tongue

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  tomperrin 4/3/2012, 6:36 pm

[quote="Josh"]
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Raisedinabarn

I so love this shirt! I wish my mother were alive to see it.

Tom
tomperrin
tomperrin

Male Posts : 350
Location : Burlington, NJ Zone 7a (2012 version), in the hollow, surrounded by trees.

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 4/3/2012, 7:14 pm

We used to sing this song at camp, boy's camp mind you....

Black socks, they never get dirty,
the longer you wear them the blacker they get.
Someday, maybe 'll launder them but something keeps telling me
don't do it yet, not yet, not yet, not yet...

Most of 'em go barefoot anyway, which usually gives me lot's of business in the health office...
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Character0074

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/3/2012, 7:23 pm

camprn wrote:We used to sing this song at camp, boy's camp mind you....

Black socks, they never get dirty,
the longer you wear them the blacker they get.
Someday, maybe 'll launder them but something keeps telling me
don't do it yet, not yet, not yet, not yet...

Most of 'em go barefoot anyway, which usually gives me lot's of business in the health office...
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Character0074

I just learned this song last year on an all GIRLS hiking trip!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  martha 4/3/2012, 10:10 pm

Plantoid - Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 889526

Boffer - re: Speedos - Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 491 - I refuse to look!

Josh - hold on to your innocence as long as you can, lad! Once gone, you'll never be the same!

Who remembers pedal pushers? I never wore them - I was a little too young for them. I was also a little too young to be a real hippie. I was more like a leftover hippie! Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 3759993749
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Post  boog1 4/4/2012, 1:37 am

Boffer in a speedo ???? That's one visual I don't need affraid affraid affraid

Boog
boog1
boog1

Male Posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 4/4/2012, 4:45 am

boog1 wrote:Boffer in a speedo ???? That's one visual I don't need affraid affraid affraid

Boog

Does he really have a blond caterpiller on his upper lip ? Wink
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 4/4/2012, 1:30 pm

Martha, what a beautiful horse in avatar. Arabian?
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/4/2012, 1:38 pm

plantoid wrote:
boog1 wrote:Boffer in a speedo ???? That's one visual I don't need affraid affraid affraid

Boog

Does he really have a blond caterpiller on his upper lip ? Wink

I believe the color is 'Seattle Silver' tongue
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh 4/4/2012, 5:51 pm

plantoid wrote:Eeeh Josh when I were a lad , any hair I had below the
cut up bladder of a case foot ball was cut off by me da with a girt big
pair of shears none of the door mat stuff you have showing below your
hat.

boffer wrote:My wife, who cuts my hair, might enjoy cutting the 'hair' on the top of a head for a change! Razz

Maybe she would like to practice on me boffer Razz

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Hat-1

plantoid wrote:Does he really have a blond caterpiller on his upper lip ? Wink

Goosegirl wrote:I believe the color is 'Seattle Silver' tongue

Nobody said anything about mine...you see it don't you?
Josh
Josh

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 741

http://greenesgardenthings.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ericam 4/4/2012, 6:11 pm

plantoid wrote:
AvaDGardner wrote:

AVA..... you owe me a new keyboard and some screen cleaners ..I was drinking a mug of tea & had a mouthful of it when I read your final line to the post.Laughing

Oh you guys make me laugh, just for the record thongs ARE shoes here and Speedos and thongs are almost a national uniform in some parts of Australia! Our national Opposition leader is regularly filmed in Speedos as he competes in ocean swims. affraid not a pretty picture, politicians in Speedos, kind of takes away your confidence in their ability to run the country!

'Grape smugglers'? Here they're known as budgie smugglers!
ericam
ericam

Female Posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post  martha 4/4/2012, 7:09 pm

Nonna.PapaVino wrote:Martha, what a beautiful horse in avatar. Arabian?

Thank you! He was not an Arabian, but his mother did a fabulous Arabian impersonation. Her face was slightly dished and had that classic Arabian look to it. She was Thoroughbred/Hanoverian, the horse in the photo was 3/4 Hanoverian, 1/4 TB.
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 4/4/2012, 7:15 pm

martha wrote:
Nonna.PapaVino wrote:Martha, what a beautiful horse in avatar. Arabian?

Thank you! He was not an Arabian, but his mother did a fabulous Arabian impersonation. Her face was slightly dished and had that classic Arabian look to it. She was Thoroughbred/Hanoverian, the horse in the photo was 3/4 Hanoverian, 1/4 TB.
What kind of horse is this?
Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 Delaware%20Qtr%20Rev

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Since RoOsTeR is gone...let's have some fun...... - Page 2 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next