Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. Toplef10Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. I22gcj10Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. Toplef10Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. I22gcj10Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 12:08 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 12:02 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 11:55 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh.

5 posters

Go down

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. Empty Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh.

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/22/2011, 1:51 am

This crud (insert more colorful word) is really driving me truckin' crazy! (Hope that inuendo isn't too strong for M-squared) We had close calls Tuesday with 5 confirmed tornado touchdowns within 100 miles of my house. We've had two in STL already this year...which is beyond rare in a bigger city. And, I'm as sick of this weather as I was the snow this winter. My goodness, will it EVER go away? It's happening so frequently, I'm about to bookmark the darned page for easy reference. But, here we go in the Midwest, and parts south, with another round of severe outbreaks.

The guys in bold have already had close calls this week, and are in the bullseye again. Why don't the weathermen miss THESE forecasts like they do snow and temperatures? Here's to hoping the weathermen become umpires for a day.

Next week, we are supposed to start flooding in the lower Midwest now. I don't know about other parts of the region. Please add a thread if flooding, or significant weather, is going to be a problem for your area. I know the folks up north are starting to get their annual snowpack flooding. Hope y'all stay above water up there! And, we already know that "manure" rolls downhill....so yet more "manure" heading our way. Wheeeeeeeeee!

Forecast for Friday, April 22

AR north - 4 to 5
IA southeast -3 to 4
IL west-central - 7
IL northeast - 3 night
IL east-central - 5
IL south - 5 to 6
IN south - 5
IN central - 4
IN north - 3 to 4 night
KS east and south-central - 4
KY west - 4 to 5
KY central - 3 to 4
MI south - 2 to 3 night
MO east - 7
MO central - 6
MO west - 5
OK central - 4
OK northeast - 4
TX north near Wichita Falls, Abilene - 3
other areas - 2 or less
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. Empty Re: Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh.

Post  FarmerValerie 4/22/2011, 9:58 am

Keep posting these.

As someone who loves history and weather, I have learned these things cycle. I remember the weather in IL as a kid, springs were bad, winters were harsh. Then as a teen before moving down south they tapered off. They had a decade of mild weather, then harsh, now it's bad again. I have discovered one of my favorite things to do is sit in the coffee shop and evesdrop on old men's conversations about the weather, and how it cycles, although they don't call it that. We are smack dab in the middle of a bad cycle of hurricane season too, so that means once spring is over here, and June 1 shows up (I thought we had until September-geeze) things could get wet here.

Those of you in the Lower South and Coastal regions living near rivers, especially the Mississippi, need to keep an eye on rainfall in the north. Cairo IL gets slammed this time of year, as it's near where the Mississippi and Ohio meet, it all heads south to New Orleans. The Red River is high this year too, we are near it, that's one river you don't mess with, it's nothing but sand bars underneath it, and they are constantly moving.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. Empty Re: Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh.

Post  herblover 4/22/2011, 3:41 pm

I am in Central OH and we have 2-4 inches of rain predicted by tomorrow; that is after two inches in the past two days! I have only one planting of greens, radishes and chard in so far. It has been way too wet to even plant!
herblover
herblover

Female Posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post  extremesoccermom 4/22/2011, 9:22 pm

We are hanging out in the basement now. Reports of a tornado at Lambert which is less than 1/2 mile north of us.
extremesoccermom

Female Posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/22/2011, 9:48 pm

soccermom, go to kmov.com or fox2now.com and get on their streaming video when/if your satellite goes out. i sit and watch these relentlessly when weather rolls through. being in the basement is great, but it's always nice to have eyes on the skies while you hunker down.

my wife just got in the shower....she's been waiting for an hour and a half for these storms to blow over. now, i'm just waiting for the baseball game to start....hopefully...lol.

you ohioans realize the reds and cards are tied now, right?? hehehe. big series this weekend.

oh, by the way, the airport has confirmed damage to concourse c and concourse 1.....glass blown out. there is also a cool picture on channel 4 that shows a shuttle on a concrete wall hanging over the top of the parking garage. and, fox2's dave murray was telling people in the studio to get under cover....he said he would go under his desk and broadcast from there if need be. edit: EXTENSIVE DAMAGE TO LAMBERT AIRPORT.....EMERGENCY VEHICLES EVERYWHERE AND MINOR INJURIES INSIDE THE AIRPORT. THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY HIT BY SOMETHING. FRIDAY BEFORE EASTER WEEKEND....LOTS OF TRAVELERS COMING THROUGH THE AIRPORT AT THAT TIME.

st ann reports tornado at 834pm with tractor trailers standing on end.

st ann and the airport are pretty close to jymarino....i hope she's ok.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  extremesoccermom 4/22/2011, 9:57 pm

I had fox 2 streaming on the lap top while we waited. I am in St. John which is directly on the south west of highway 70 at 170 we did not even get any wind. The airport to the north west of the highways had the damage as reported by Backyard. This weather is really crazy. Looks like next week will be just as strange.
extremesoccermom

Female Posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/22/2011, 10:31 pm

TWC is now covering STL. They are trying to assess the damage. You would think STL is the new Edmund/Moore, OK....or Greensburg/Andover, KS....by the way we've been getting hit. Granted, they are all small tornadoes when compared to the previous 4 I just mentioned, but too close for comfort all the same.

The FAA website has just posted, as part of it's delays, that the STL airport is closed due to tornado damage and the reopening date and time is currently unknown.

That statement has never been uttered on that website before.

We didn't have wind down here, either. On New Year's Eve, the Sunset Hills tornado missed us by less than a mile, and we never had a wind gust over 20mph. In fact, the power poles on Watson Rd that snapped were less than 1/2 mile from my house.

Here are a few pictures I took in Sunset Hills...

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 5312362363_81b3f3305d_z

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 5312953148_ce15269ab8_z

Here is the one of the power poles 1/2 mile from my house...

Friday's TOR-CON....again....sheesh. 5312359523_dce42479f0_z
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 4/23/2011, 1:39 am

Wow, glad you are alright.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down