Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hi from Detroit Toplef10Hi from Detroit 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hi from Detroit I22gcj10Hi from Detroit 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hi from Detroit Toplef10Hi from Detroit 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hi from Detroit I22gcj10Hi from Detroit 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Hi from Detroit

+3
Furbalsmom
camprn
sasha89
7 posters

Go down

Hi from Detroit Empty Hi from Detroit

Post  sasha89 4/3/2011, 11:10 am

I am new to gardening period! I anticipate mistakes, but hopefully with advice and suggestions they will be minimal! Maybe once I get the hang of stuff, then I will have helpful advice for others!

We live in a condo, but have a small outdoor space. We've been planting flowers the last few summers. Last year we visited my brother in PA. His wife had a small strawberry patch on the side of their house. They were the most delicious strawberries I have had EVER. I am hoping to create something great as opposed to paying two dollars for a pint of strawberries that have been picked too early and sprayed with chemicals.
sasha89

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Hi from Detroit Empty Re: Hi from Detroit

Post  camprn 4/3/2011, 11:16 am

Hi from Detroit 396615 to the SFG Forum!! You did not mention if you had a chance to take a look at The All New Square Foot Gardening book. If you have not had a chance to read it, I would encourage you to get a hold of a copy. We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  sasha89 4/3/2011, 11:20 am

camprn wrote:Hi from Detroit 396615 to the SFG Forum!! You did not mention if you had a chance to take a look at The All New Square Foot Gardening book. If you have not had a chance to read it, I would encourage you to get a hold of a copy. We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.

I am looking for a copy now. I'll be trekking out soon to pick it up! I came across the website doing a Google search on how to grow strawberries! Glad I did!
sasha89

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 4/3/2011, 11:20 am

sasha89 wrote:
camprn wrote:Hi from Detroit 396615 to the SFG Forum!! You did not mention if you had a chance to take a look at The All New Square Foot Gardening book. If you have not had a chance to read it, I would encourage you to get a hold of a copy. We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.

I am looking for a copy now. I'll be trekking out soon to pick it up! I came across the website doing a Google search on how to grow strawberries! Glad I did!
Me too! Hi from Detroit 61949
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom 4/3/2011, 3:03 pm

sasha89 wrote:I am new to gardening period! I anticipate mistakes, but hopefully with advice and suggestions they will be minimal! Maybe once I get the hang of stuff, then I will have helpful advice for others!

We live in a condo, but have a small outdoor space. We've been planting flowers the last few summers. Last year we visited my brother in PA. His wife had a small strawberry patch on the side of their house. They were the most delicious strawberries I have had EVER. I am hoping to create something great as opposed to paying two dollars for a pint of strawberries that have been picked too early and sprayed with chemicals.

Hi from Detroit 654548 Sasha

Very glad to have you join us.

Once you have read the ALL NEW SFG book, you will find how easy it is to have a productive garden with less work and NO WEEDS.

There is no comparison between fresh home grown produce and store bought. Things from the store that you may not like, sometimes will become one of your favorites, once you have grown your own.

Keep us updated on your progress and please share pictures, we love them.

Again, Welcome
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 4/3/2011, 3:18 pm

Hi from Detroit 396615 Hi from Detroit 396615 Hi from Detroit 396615
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/3/2011, 10:28 pm

sasha89 wrote:I am new to gardening period! I anticipate mistakes, but hopefully with advice and suggestions they will be minimal! Maybe once I get the hang of stuff, then I will have helpful advice for others!

Hey there and welcome aboard! Lots of great people await eagerly to answer any question you have. There is a learning curve, but as others have said, the quickest solution is the updated book....All New SFG (to shorten things). You won't be disappointed you made that investment.

I think you will find you want more that just strawberries. This is an obsessive hobby to say the least. And, the system of SFG makes things so easy you will wonder where everybody's been...lol.

Get excited! Stop by the regional subforums for some more locally specific information at times. Things will pick up in there as the season gets into swing. There are also many other subforums to browse and participate in. If nothing else, the more random section of Outside the Box is usually good for a chuckle.

You have just found an incredible community....and one that loves pictures. Glad you're here!

Oh, and since you mentioned you are looking for the book, I assume you found us through other means. Mind if I ask how you found us?
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Post  dixie 4/3/2011, 10:39 pm

Welcome! This is my second year & SFG and the forum are certainly addicting. You will find the friendliest, most helpful people here on the forum, so don't hesitate to ask questions (no question is too dumb - we were all newbies at one time). Be sure to share pictures when you have some.
dixie
dixie

Female Posts : 814

http://www.dixiedazzle.net

Back to top Go down

Post  boog1 4/3/2011, 11:03 pm

Hi from Detroit 396615 Hi from Detroit 396615 the michigan contingent is growin Hi from Detroit 396615 Hi from Detroit 396615

boog
boog1
boog1

Male Posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/3/2011, 11:09 pm

boog1 wrote:Hi from Detroit 396615 Hi from Detroit 396615 the michigan contingent is growin Hi from Detroit 396615 Hi from Detroit 396615

boog

Somehow, though, I don't think most of them are Buckeyes. zing zing! Wink
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  sasha89 4/4/2011, 9:37 am

BackyardBirdGardner wrote:

Hey there and welcome aboard! Lots of great people await eagerly to answer any question you have. There is a learning curve, but as others have said, the quickest solution is the updated book....All New SFG (to shorten things). You won't be disappointed you made that investment.

I think you will find you want more that just strawberries. This is an obsessive hobby to say the least. And, the system of SFG makes things so easy you will wonder where everybody's been...lol.

Get excited! Stop by the regional subforums for some more locally specific information at times. Things will pick up in there as the season gets into swing. There are also many other subforums to browse and participate in. If nothing else, the more random section of Outside the Box is usually good for a chuckle.

You have just found an incredible community....and one that loves pictures. Glad you're here!

Oh, and since you mentioned you are looking for the book, I assume you found us through other means. Mind if I ask how you found us?

I did pick up the book this morning...looking forward to learning!

I was doing a Google search on how to grow strawberries on my porch. One of the sites suggested SFG. That's how I stumbled upon the forum.
sasha89

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/4/2011, 9:54 am

Very cool! Thanks for answering. Catch ya round the forums!
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down