Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada Toplef10Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada I22gcj10Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada Toplef10Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada I22gcj10Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada

+4
Scorpio Rising
countrynaturals
ralitaco
l78zgw
8 posters

Go down

Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada Empty Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada

Post  l78zgw 5/11/2019, 9:08 pm

Hello, my name is Laura, I'm a beginner in SFG. Today I made 2 2x8 boxes and one 2x6, trying to plant some vegetables and flowers in my little backyard. Have a lot of questions in my mind and hope to learn a lot here. Wish both my garden and myself will grow healthily Very Happy
l78zgw
l78zgw

Back to top Go down

Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada Empty Re: Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada

Post  ralitaco 5/11/2019, 9:41 pm

Hey Laura,
Welcome from Coastal NC.
This is the friendliest forum on the www.
Use the search box and you will find tons of info.
Ask questions and many folks will chime in and offer their knowledge and advice.
One more thing...we love pictures, so share what you have done so far.
Jim
ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1312

Back to top Go down

Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada Empty Re: Hello from Markham, Ontario, Canada

Post  l78zgw 5/11/2019, 9:47 pm

Thank you so much Jim! I've tried gardening for many years but not much luck. When I was about to give up, I accidentally read an article about SFG. Now I gradually found back my long-lost confidence. Yes, you are 100% right, this indeed is the friendliest forum. I've already started to absorb many people's ideas and suggestions. Will share the progress of my garden some day. Keep my fingers crossed.

Laura
l78zgw
l78zgw

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/11/2019, 9:55 pm

glad you\'re here  from Northern California. I know what you mean about giving up. I had one of those days yesterday, but here I am today, planting yet another batch of seeds. geek
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ralitaco 5/12/2019, 12:00 am

l78zgw wrote:I've tried gardening for many years but not much luck. When I was about to give up, I accidentally read an article about SFG. Now I gradually found back my long-lost confidence.

I was not ever a gardener and my sister told me about SFG...I have been hooked ever since. From my limited experience, the key to successful SFG is the compost. I never did get my 5 sources but I have had significant success with so-so compost. I'm sure you will do great!!

ralitaco
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/12/2019, 12:30 am

Welcome from Ohio!  I am so glad you found us!  You will find a ton of info here as well as help day to day from posting!  You will also benefit from your regional posts, as you share many of the same issues...

I can’t wait to hear more of your journey, 178zgw

Keep tons of notes, year and season after season...I refer to mine all the time.  Every year is different....
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8712

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/12/2019, 12:46 am

Scorpio Rising wrote: Every year is different....
I'm still learning that one the hard way. Embarassed
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 5/12/2019, 5:54 am

Hey Laura. Welcome from Atlanta, GA! I like your wisteria....

It's ALL a learning process, lol!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 5/15/2019, 2:15 am

Hi, Laura, Welcome to the Forum from central California! glad you\'re here I love the sizes of your beds. Most of mine are only 2' wide and so easy to tend. When I stumbled over All New SFG in 2013, I knew that was the way I would try growing veggies in my tiny back yard.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21546

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  l78zgw 5/16/2019, 6:33 pm

AtlantaMarie wrote:Hey Laura.  Welcome from Atlanta, GA!  I like your wisteria....

It's ALL a learning process, lol!
Thank you Marie! The pic of my wisteria was from last year, my first time growing wisteria. I did some pruning a couple of weeks ago, now my wisteria is growing very slow, not sure if this is because of the weather. We are still cold here. If it grows better I will share more photos here. Thanks again for your encouragement!

Laura
l78zgw
l78zgw

Back to top Go down

Post  l78zgw 5/16/2019, 6:38 pm

sanderson wrote:Hi, Laura, Welcome to the Forum from central California! glad you\'re here  I love the sizes of your beds.  Most of mine are only 2' wide and so easy to tend.  When I stumbled over All New SFG in 2013, I knew that was the way I would try growing veggies in my tiny back yard.  

Thank you Sanderson for your positive feedback on the size of my beds. My backyard is tiny, and I tried gardening in ground a few years ago and learnt the best way for me to handle is no more than 2 feet. Oh I so envy the weather you've got in your area. Here in Canada, gardening can be a bit challenging. But I will try my best and keep learning from this wonderful forum.

Laura
l78zgw
l78zgw

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/16/2019, 6:55 pm

Welcome Laura from 400 kilometres down the road in Ottawa. Great to have you on board for this year's SFG journey. This will be my fifth year doing SFG and there are always things to try and things to learn. Looking forward to seeing photos of your garden which I know is going to be fantastic.

:canada:
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  l78zgw 5/16/2019, 9:04 pm

trolleydriver wrote:Welcome Laura from 400 kilometres down the road in Ottawa. Great to have you on board for this year's SFG journey. This will be my fifth year doing SFG and there are always things to try and things to learn. Looking forward to seeing photos of your garden which I know is going to be fantastic.

:canada:

Thank you so much! I just finished reading your detailed feedback on your journey on SFG and got a lot of new ideas. The first is to start my garden journal, so that I can record my success and failure and what I have learnt. Hope we will have a wonderful summer this yearHello from Markham, Ontario, Canada Icon_biggrin!
l78zgw
l78zgw

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/17/2019, 2:25 pm

l78zgw wrote:Hello, my name is Laura, I'm a beginner in SFG. Today I made 2 2x8 boxes and one 2x6, trying to plant some vegetables and flowers in my little backyard. Have a lot of questions in my mind and hope to learn a lot here. Wish both my garden and myself will grow healthily Very Happy

glad you\'re here Laura happy hi 
from Kelejan in British Columbia

:canada: Call in at the Canadian thread and with a bit of luck you will meet some more Canadians, mainly from Ontario.  Very Happy
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down