Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 Toplef10Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 I22gcj10Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 Toplef10Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 I22gcj10Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Drip Irrigation for SFG

+6
steve638
AtlantaMarie
plantoid
Kelejan
sanderson
MariaOlson
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 Empty Re: Drip Irrigation for SFG

Post  sanderson 3/2/2015, 1:24 pm

Seamammal,  I don't know if you were asking me about my drip system????  The 1/4" solid tubes feed off a 1/2" main tube that feeds all 3 sides of the back.  This tubing is connected to the original in-ground sprinkler system at several points so there is no loss of water pressure at any point in the approximate 160 foot length. Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 Drip_s10
Many 1/4" solid tubing are connected to this 1/2" solid tubing. Drip Irrigation for SFG - Page 2 Drip_s11
The L-shaped boxes in the "quote" above:  The 1/4" solid tubing that feed these 2 boxes push the envelope on length, 20 and 30 feet.  Yet they still have enough pressure to feed the 1/4" drippers lines.  I think 25 feet of 1/4" dripper line is the max that can be on a 1/4" solid line.

Everything is on timers.  We can legally water 3 days max during the summer.  The flower beds are set at 8-10 minutes a day.  But they are also watered on the other 4 days.  Very Happy  All the front yard flower beds (same timer) have been converted to these quiet drip lines and are under mulch in case the water police are driving through the neighborhood at 4 am.  I hope this answer helps.

PS: I got PM on squash, beans, cantaloupe even though I use drippers. It is what it is.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  seamammal 3/2/2015, 9:48 pm

boffer wrote:
seamammal wrote:....And how do I remove pics when I am replying to a post. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for asking.  I'm assuming that you mean when you reply to a post using the 'quote' button.

The easiest way is to be in 'code' mode when you write your post.  The button shown in this pic switches between WYSIWYG mode and code mode.  Code mode shows the code in the edit box, and WYSIWYG shows what your post will look like when posted.  You can switch back and forth without losing anything.

If you wanted to quote this post without the pic, get into code mode and delete the picture code, which looks like

I find it easiest to write all my posts in code mode, then use 'Preview' when I'm done to make sure it looks like I want it to, before I post it.

Got it, Thanks.
seamammal
seamammal

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  seamammal 3/2/2015, 9:57 pm

Boffer is a wiz and knows more about this forum and computers than just about anyone.  But if he just confused you, what I do is click on the quote button and then highlight the part of the quote I want to delete and then hit delete.

Thanks. I'm good with the code editing. I just retired from my Job as a Network Admin. I dealt with routers, switches and firewalls and all the other security stuff. Never fooled with the desktop stuff. I have always found that I can spend a couple of hours trying to figure something out, or I can just ask someone who has already banged their head against the wall. I already have too many knots in my head from 40 years of doing battle with computers.

I don't twit or myface.  I worked for a school district and my job was to protect the kids from themselves. they kept winning so I decided it was time to surrender and get a life again. I am trying to divest myself of as many technical stuff and all the unhealthiness that comes with it. Hence my new hobby of growing my own goods.  

Ok I guess a simple thanks would have sufficed but that felt good.

Thank You.
seamammal
seamammal

Back to top Go down

Post  seamammal 3/2/2015, 10:04 pm

sanderson wrote:Seamammal,  I don't know if you were asking me about my drip system????  The 1/4" solid tubes feed off a 1/2" main tube that feeds all 3 sides of the back.  This tubing is connected to the original in-ground sprinkler system at several points so there is no loss of water pressure at any point in the approximate 160 foot length.
Many 1/4" solid tubing are connected to this 1/2" solid tubing.
The L-shaped boxes in the "quote" above:  The 1/4" solid tubing that feed these 2 boxes push the envelope on length, 20 and 30 feet.  Yet they still have enough pressure to feed the 1/4" drippers lines.  I think 25 feet of 1/4" dripper line is the max that can be on a 1/4" solid line.

Everything is on timers.  We can legally water 3 days max during the summer.  The flower beds are set at 8-10 minutes a day.  But they are also watered on the other 4 days.  Very Happy  All the front yard flower beds (same timer) have been converted to these quiet drip lines and are under mulch in case the water police are driving through the neighborhood at 4 am.  I hope this answer helps.

PS:  I got PM on squash, beans, cantaloupe even though I use drippers.  It is what it is.
Are those 1/4 inch lines running thru your beds the type with the drip emitters in the line?

Thanks for the Help.
seamammal
seamammal

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 3/3/2015, 8:06 am

seamammal wrote:

I don't twit or myface.  I worked for a school district and my job was to protect the kids from themselves. they kept winning so I decided it was time to surrender and get a life again. I am trying to divest myself of as many technical stuff and all the unhealthiness that comes with it. Hence my new hobby of growing my own goods.  

Ok I guess a simple thanks would have sufficed but that felt good.

Thank You.

Good for you, Seamammal!  My aunt was a psychologist for the school system for many years.  I know it can be very hard on the teachers & other adults trying to care for kids nowadays.  I know I certainly wouldn't/couldn't do it myself.

And I take it you're a GB fan...? Wink
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/3/2015, 12:18 pm

Seamammal,  I wrote a reply last night but didn't post it.  Embarassed The in-line drippers are spaced every 6".
http://www.dripworks.com/category/one-fourth-inch-soaker-dripline

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content