Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What gardening items did you get for Christmas Toplef10What gardening items did you get for Christmas 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What gardening items did you get for Christmas I22gcj10What gardening items did you get for Christmas 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What gardening items did you get for Christmas Toplef10What gardening items did you get for Christmas 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What gardening items did you get for Christmas I22gcj10What gardening items did you get for Christmas 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by ladyDenna Today at 4:21 am

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Yesterday at 11:23 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:48 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:57 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by ralitaco 4/29/2024, 9:47 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What gardening items did you get for Christmas

+20
HillbillyBob
ModernDayBetty
moswell
WardinWake
littlejo
Tril
sfg4uKim
staf74
llama momma
Patty from Yorktown
CindiLou
madnicmom
Mamachibi
camprn
Lindacol
RoOsTeR
yolos
BackyardBirdGardner
plantoid
walshevak
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Empty What gardening items did you get for Christmas

Post  walshevak 12/25/2011, 6:08 am

Here is a new wrinkle for me. colorful salad and potato grow bags.

http://www.gardeners.com/Grow-Bags/GrowBags_Cat,default,sc.html

Can't wait to fill with MM and try them out.

Also got seeds in my stocking

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Empty Re: What gardening items did you get for Christmas

Post  plantoid 12/25/2011, 6:40 am

Santa left me with a mealworm feeder for the smaller garden birds , at first I thought the separate fantastically packed and decorated present I'd opened earlier was a box of meal worms that meant Alison was trying to tell me something.

Other things I recieved were a Kindle & several classical music CD's to use as as a bird scarers elsewhere in the garden .

And from my mirthful wealthy sister in law a pair of knee high striped socks from " Harrods " ( of all places 0 to dress the scarecrow in ..that must be the case for I'd never be seen dead wearing such garish designed thin socks.

Have a great day . Don't eat too much or wear out your knees if you do that sort of thing to day .

David & family.
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Empty Re: What gardening items did you get for Christmas

Post  walshevak 12/25/2011, 10:00 am

ANSFG book is available for Kindle at USD 9.99.

Just saying.

Kay

Elizabeth City, NC
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 12/25/2011, 10:44 am

I got the squirrel bungee. I can mount that away from the SFG and watch the squirrels ride the spring-loaded corn cobs until the cows come home.

Good times!!
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 12/25/2011, 11:13 am

Compost thermometer and garden boots.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 12/25/2011, 1:52 pm

Kay, I have the Nook Color version (same price by the way)
If anyone has a Nook and would like to check it out, I can loan it to you. I think the loan period is 14 days? Let me know... Very Happy

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindacol 12/25/2011, 2:09 pm

A salad spinner and gift cards for Lowes & Home Depot(I can build the 2 tabletops I have planned).

And I was picking tomatoes in the bright sunshine in in the mid 70s on Christmas day!
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 12/25/2011, 4:39 pm

walshevak wrote:ANSFG book is available for Kindle at USD 9.99.

Just saying.

Kay
By the time I work out how to operate the thing & buy online books it'll be into the third edition Wink

I am puzzled though ..if I buy the kindle book from the USA can I down load it in the UK , will it work on my UK purchased machine ?
I ask because buying USA version is quite a bit cheaper than getting the UK available version.
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 12/25/2011, 5:25 pm

I received nothing exactly garden related, but I did get a $50 gift cert to the beekeeping supply store What gardening items did you get for Christmas Smiley-vault-misc-006

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

What gardening items did you get for Christmas WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  Mamachibi 12/25/2011, 5:37 pm

I got a trowel and a pencil! cheers
Mamachibi
Mamachibi

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 12/25/2011, 5:40 pm

plantoid wrote:

Just saying.

Kay
By the time I work out how to operate the thing & buy online books it'll be into the third edition Wink

I am puzzled though ..if I buy the kindle book from the USA can I down load it in the UK , will it work on my UK purchased machine ?
I ask because buying USA version is quite a bit cheaper than getting the UK available version.
I don't see a Kindle version of the ANSFGB on AmazonUK. I cannot answer the question about international download in the UK. If you download the UK version of the Kindle users guide, the answer may be there. rendeer

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

What gardening items did you get for Christmas WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 12/25/2011, 9:40 pm

A new trowel, pruning shears, Ball canning book and Lowe's and Menards giftcards to help pay for the expansion project next year.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post  CindiLou 12/25/2011, 9:49 pm

I got a new metal watering can lol...

Hubby said he was tired of seeing the old plastic one with the ducktaped spout rofl..
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  Patty from Yorktown 12/26/2011, 7:19 am

Hi,
I did not get much for the garden at first glace, however Santa has a funny sense of humor and got me 24 dutch iris bulbs to plant (that is after planting 3,000 bulbs in 4 days.) The birds got a bird seed bell and I got 2 living social gift certificates to the local hardware store. So a good Christmas was had by all.

Patty in Yorktown
Patty from Yorktown
Patty from Yorktown

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 12/26/2011, 10:18 am

One butterfly house, 2 Bird Guardian tubes to protect sweet little bluebirds from predatory bluejays and raccoons. Compost thermometer. Storey's Guide to raising chickens. DH thought he picked up Mels cookbook but it was another ANSFG book. Back to B's and Noble. Overall, A+ happy2
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  staf74 12/26/2011, 10:35 am

The large OXO salad spinner that my wife received from me which was really a gift for both of us Embarassed .....she was a little surprised when she opened it and gave me that look that she knew what i was up to....we picked fresh lettuce, spinach, kale from the garden and used it right away. She now loves it....I figured as much.

Also got the farmers 2012 almanac which I guess I consider a garden item. I love that every year !!
staf74
staf74

Male Posts : 554

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 12/26/2011, 12:03 pm

I got (2) 18" x 10' polythene grow tunnels.

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Img_0211

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

What gardening items did you get for Christmas WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 12/26/2011, 12:56 pm

plantoid wrote:

Just saying.

Kay

Depends on what country your Kindle is registered in. I have 2 kindles, both registered in the US but one lives in the Philippines. BUT, I HAVE A USA REGISTERED CREDIT CARD. The one in the Philippines is the international version and I can just order anything and request it be loaded to my Kindle2. When I travel with my Kindle1, I have the order marked "download to computer" I then use the USB cord to upload to the Kindle. I also have the free Kindle for PC on my laptop. When in the States, I can also download straight to Kindle for PC2. I gave my old laptop to my granddaughter and she get anything that is marked download to Kindle for PC1. Makes is easy to send her books for special occasions.

My guess is you will have to use the UK site because that is where the Kindle is registered and where your credit card is registered.

Some books cannot be loaded in certain countries. I tried to download the missing first book in a series that I have, and it cannot be sent to a US registered Kindle.

Kay

Elizabeth City, NC
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 12/26/2011, 3:27 pm

Thanks Kay , I kind ot thought that might be the case.

Now I've got on line with it & set things up I am allowed up to £40 ( USD $ 50 ish ) to spend on SFG gardening literature .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 12/26/2011, 7:17 pm

A friend of mine and I tried to start our own sweet potato slips last year with dismal results. Neither one of us planted any because our slips just didn't grow until about July. Far too late in our region to expect any harvest. She just gave me a certificate that she bought slips and they will be arriving in May. cheers

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  Tril 12/26/2011, 9:27 pm

Hmmm... I didn't get anything garden related. But I GAVE garden stuff! LOL
Tril
Tril

Female Posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejo 12/26/2011, 9:48 pm

plantoid wrote:

Just saying.

Kay

There is a special tax? don't remember what it is called, that gets applied to digital purchases made for over there. We don't have that tax yet!! I tried to buy the older version of the SFG, just to have, and they wouldn't let me buy it for over here. Jo
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 12/26/2011, 10:19 pm

I also got 2 SFG Hoodies and 2 SFG t-shirts - Christmas presents for myself!

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

What gardening items did you get for Christmas WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Empty Chain Saw Nogin Protector

Post  WardinWake 12/27/2011, 10:19 am

Howdy Folks:

My dear Mary got me a new Chainsaw Nogin' Protector. Hard hat, ear protectors and face shield combo.

So What's dat got to do with SFG? Hee, Hee, Why just get out the safety boots, hard hat, chainsaw, tractor, trailer, gas and oil and cut 4 foot lengths of hurricane downed oak tress and build a new SFG.

Not in Mel's book, but, SFG'ers are nothing if not resourceful.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
WardinWake
WardinWake

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 935

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 12/27/2011, 10:37 am

WardinWake wrote:Howdy Folks:

My dear Mary got me a new Chainsaw Nogin' Protector. Hard hat, ear protectors and face shield combo.

So What's dat got to do with SFG? Hee, Hee, Why just get out the safety boots, hard hat, chainsaw, tractor, trailer, gas and oil and cut 4 foot lengths of hurricane downed oak tress and build a new SFG.

Not in Mel's book, but, SFG'ers are nothing if not resourceful.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.

Hopefully I am not alone in saying:

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Useless

It should be written, that there shall be no speak of such Personal Protective Equipment without pictures of said member proudly displaying PPE on their body Razz Razz

What gardening items did you get for Christmas Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next