Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 Toplef10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 I22gcj10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 Toplef10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 I22gcj10TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer

+16
yolos
LilBittyBean
Yardslave
bluelacedredhead
RJARPCGP
Kelejan
mollyhespra
Scorpio Rising
Judy McConnell
donnainzone5
countrynaturals
CapeCoddess
OhioGardener
AtlantaMarie
sanderson
trolleydriver
20 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 Empty Re: TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer

Post  Kelejan 11/26/2019, 1:05 pm

When you get signed off for this in a couple of years, you are going to be one healthy person. Just keep it up, TD. Do not surrender.  I give up!

BIG hug
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer - Page 7 Empty Re: TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer

Post  trolleydriver 12/5/2019, 3:11 pm

I received some very difficult news yesterday.  My recovery from the side effects of radiation treatment is going well.  Following that treatment I was given an abdominal CT scan. The results of that scan are that I most likely have kidney cancer in addition to the prostate cancer. I have to meet with a urologist to find out more about the diagnosis and possible treatment.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/5/2019, 3:21 pm

Oh, no! This is heart-breaking.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21487

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 12/5/2019, 3:24 pm

Yes, heartbreaking TD. You are in our hearts,  thoughts and prayers.  I love you
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/5/2019, 3:39 pm

Oh, TD, I am so sorry for what you're going through. Hoping for the best possible outcome when you see the urologist. I love you BIG hug
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 12/5/2019, 4:18 pm

TD,

Please take heart!

I have a female cousin who is battling kidney cancer, and so far successfully.  A I understand it, she's been getting injections of TB bacteria periodically.  She's still working, too.  I think those treatments are quite uncomfortable, but it's better than the alternative.

My next-door neighbor had a similar situation, and for a while there, things looked grim.  Although I don't have any details of his treatment, he's much improved, gets around, drives, etc.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 12/6/2019, 6:49 am

Know I'm sending healing thoughts your way...
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/6/2019, 2:57 pm

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I am in need of encouragement.  Taking it one day at a time.  Can't believe that just over three months ago I felt that I was in excellent health then boom.  Sometimes wonder if it would have been better not to know and avoid the treatments and their side effects. Thankfully so far the side effect have been manageable. 

On a positive note, Mrs TD and I had a bake off this morning. I made plant based fudgy brownies and she made traditional brownies.  Mine ended up being the winner (albeit she made a mistake in her recipe).
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 12/6/2019, 8:37 pm

TD, I am super solid about your situation.  I am a huge supporter.  Keep doing what you’re doing.  Stay the course, that is what you can do!  

I love you
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8682

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/19/2019, 8:36 pm

Any more updates, TD? I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/20/2019, 7:54 am

countrynaturals wrote:Any more updates, TD? I love you
Still waiting to see a urologist about the kidney cancer. Don't expect that to happen until the new year. On a positive note the short term side effects of radiation treatment appear to be over. Now I am dealing with the side effects of hormone therapy, visibly mild hot flashes but who knows what is happening to muscle and bone loss. I will get another  3 month painful injection of hormone therapy on January 2 (good way to start the new year).  I continue to stay active, do cardio exercise daily and strength exercises about three times per week. Thankful for my faith, my loving wife, praying and supportive family and friends
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/20/2019, 10:05 am

Thanks for the update, TD. Sounds manageable, at least. They must not be too worried about the kidneys, if they're putting it off that long. okay

Love your avatar. santa
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/20/2019, 8:50 pm

I love you

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 12/20/2019, 9:04 pm

CN,

Please don't forget that TD is in Canada, where health care issues are given different priorities and time frames.  Not to mention the holidays.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/21/2019, 6:33 am

donnainzone5 wrote:CN,

Please don't forget that TD is in Canada, where health care issues are given different priorities and time frames.  Not to mention the holidays.
The system in Canada can move quickly. I started radiation treatment less than six weeks after being diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. That time was taken up by meetings with urologist and radiation oncologist, bone scan, CT scan, start of hormone therapy and my own indecision on whether to have surgery or radiation treatment.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/13/2020, 5:35 pm

I had my second Androgen Deprivation Therapy (hormone therapy) injection on January 2nd. It was nowhere near as painful as the first one. Different nurse this time.

I have a meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, Jan. 21st, with a urologist to discuss my kidney cancer situation.  I checked the online patient reviews for this doctor and he gets 5 out 5 across the board. He is part of a team of urologists at the teaching and research hospital (hopefully I will not become an experiment  Very Happy ).  He specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery.  Praying for some good news at this meeting.

I had a blood test last week. I am now mildly anemic from the radiation and hormone therapy.  On a positive note all of my triglycerides and cholesterol readings are now in the normal range. For example my LDL Cholesterol (bad cholesterol) has improved by 42% since July of last year. I attribute the improvement to the Whole Food Plant Based eating (started in September) and the exercise.  Speaking of exercise I walk most weekdays at the the nearby indoor sportsdome.  As well, Mrs TD and I attend a Seniors Strength and Balance course twice per week.

Last edited by trolleydriver on 1/13/2020, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/13/2020, 7:12 pm

good job!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/14/2020, 1:55 am

trolleydriver wrote:I had my second Androgen Deprivation Therapy (hormone therapy) injection on January 2nd. It was nowhere near as painful as the first one. Different nurse this time.
No nurse Rachett this time?

. . . this doctor . . .  gets 5 out 5 across the board. He is part of a team of urologists at the teaching and research hospital (hopefully I will not become an experiment  Very Happy ).  He specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery.  Praying for some good news at this meeting.
Good

I had a blood test last week. I am now mildly anemic from the radiation and hormone therapy.  On a positive note all of my triglycerides and cholesterol readings are now in the normal range. For example my LDL Cholesterol (bad cholesterol) has improved by 42% since July of last year. I attribute the improvement to the Whole Food Plant Based eating (started in September) and the exercise.  Speaking of exercise I walk most weekdays at the the nearby indoor sportsdome.  As well, Mrs TD and I attend a Seniors Strength and Balance course twice per week.
excellent

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/16/2020, 9:18 am

Yesterday I walked 5 kilometres (3 miles) in 47 minutes at our indoor superdome. I was only doing 3+ km before so this is a nice step forward.  I'll set my next goal as 6 km in 60 minutes.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan in Ct 1/16/2020, 10:07 am

TD, Keep the good news coming but on the speed walking, I will need a 2 km head start.
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Male Posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Post  bluelacedredhead 1/16/2020, 11:13 am

TrolleyDriver, 

I missed most of your recent posts. I'm sorry to hear that you have yet more to deal with. 

Glad that you have such a Supportive Spouse and Health Care Team. 

And for someone who has gone through so much of late, you certainly are putting the rest of us to shame with your exercise regimen! 

Sending Healing Thoughts and Prayers for Your Full Recovery. 

Wendy
bluelacedredhead
bluelacedredhead

Female Posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/18/2020, 5:50 pm

I have a BIG medical appointment coming up on the afternoon of Tuesday Jan 21.  At that time I meet with a urologist for a consultation concerning my "likely" renal cell carcinoma (a 2 cm tumor on my left kidney) plus some other troubling areas on both my kidneys.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bluelacedredhead 1/18/2020, 5:56 pm

Best of Luck on Tuesday. Praying that your Doctors have a Positive Plan for Recovery.
bluelacedredhead
bluelacedredhead

Female Posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 1/20/2020, 7:05 am

Sending good vibes....!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5600

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardslave 1/20/2020, 12:03 pm

My thoughts and prayers, TD, You stay strong- you got to catch a break!
Yardslave
Yardslave

Male Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next