Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 Toplef10Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 I22gcj10Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 Toplef10Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 I22gcj10Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse

+15
Khrishna
boffer
FarmerValerie
dizzygardener
shannon1
jazzymaddy
Josh
sherryeo
Lavender Debs
BackyardBirdGardner
fiddleman
missmarie
Miss M
sfg4uKim
donnainzone5
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 Empty Re: Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse

Post  sfg4uKim Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 pm

After having lived in Italy & Germany for several years each, I am VERY tolerant of grammar & spelling & speaking errors because of all the mistakes I've made.

When I would walk in for an appointment I used to boldly announce in perfectly accented German, "Ich bin froh." I would get a strange look and then realize that I had said, "I am happy," instead of "I am early (fruh).

With all this humility who am I to criticize?

Embarassed

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 Empty Re: Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse

Post  dizzygardener Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:33 pm

dizzygardener wrote:

Now HERE is the question: what the heck do we do with SFGing, SFGers, etc? (SFG'ing? SFG-ing? SFG ing?...) :scratch:

Seriously... can anyone help with this?
dizzygardener
dizzygardener

Female Posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post  boog1 Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 pm

thinks he needs to hire a "secratry" to type, edit, and proofread all hes posts.
boog1
boog1

Male Posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm

dizzygardener wrote:
dizzygardener wrote:

Now HERE is the question: what the heck do we do with SFGing, SFGers, etc? (SFG'ing? SFG-ing? SFG ing?...) :scratch:

DING DING DING! LOSE 10 POINTS FOR QUOTING ONESELF! rofl

Uh, I don't have a clue.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:53 pm

boffer wrote:
dizzygardener wrote:
dizzygardener wrote:

DING DING DING! LOSE 10 POINTS FOR QUOTING ONESELF! Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 930802

Uh, I don't have a clue.
It's Forum speak, the old rules are more like guidelines... 🐱
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 pm

LOL Dizzy....

I tried really hard to avoid this thread. LOL

"Proper English" was one thing 200 years ago, another 100 years ago, still another 50 years ago, and since it is a language and is a human property will continue to change with humans from now until the end of humans.

Defining it is futile in my opinion because in 10 years it will have shifted again. Change happens. And as technology progresses, regardless whether we like it or not, the requirements will change, and at a rate that is exponentially faster than it has in the past.

I went through school as a child totally behind socially because I could read. I could read on a 12th grade level in the 3rd grade. So you know what the brilliant teachers in my school decided? I could READ at a 12th grade level so surely they should move me up a grade so I could be challenged more appropriately. There was a program called GATE for accelerated students. So they skipped me forward a grade and stuck me in the GATE program. So here I am 8 years old, in the 5th grade with a bunch of accelerated kids. Never mind that I wasn't accelerated in any other area.

I skipped the grade we learned fractions in and the grade we learned to cursive write in and the grade we learned to tell time in.

I was 13 before I figured out how to read a clock that wasn't digital, I was in 10th grade before I stopped struggling in math from that missing year, and I never learned to cursive write. And I NEVER fit in socially again until I was out of school completely.

My grandmother, born 1941, was a Catholic private school graduate at 16 years old. She had the most beautiful handwriting in the world and she could correct my poor grammar and spelling all day long...and she was a house wife and home maker with agoraphobia that never left her home. A lot of good it did her.

There are more important things, IMO, than knowing all the book smarts school has the opportunity of teaching you. Some things are important...like knowing how to balance a checkbook and knowing how to teach yourself or learn something you desire to learn. Where to go to find the answers you seek. An invaluable ability in life, IMO.

Only a person with poor grammar and spelling (like me) would think that grammar rules and the proper-ness of it all was made up to separate and categorize people. Thing is, every one of us can compile a list an arm length long of all the educated derelicts we know in this world. And I know every one of us knows an "uneducated" person we think is as wise and smart as they come.

I don't know....I guess we all have our pet peeves. Mine is people who are sticklers about grammar. flower

donnainzone10 wrote:I hope no one is offended by this post.

I hope the same about this post.
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm

I cordially request that this thread be locked A.S.A.P. before I start complaining about the current political efforts in play to dumb down my country. Thank you.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Way, Way OT-- The Apostrolypse - Page 2 262465

Ok boff...probably a good idea. LOL
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum