Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! Toplef10Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! I22gcj10Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! Toplef10Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! I22gcj10Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Check this out!!! great PVC ideas!

+6
Judge Kemp
3 ladybugs
Retired Member 1
ColoradoNatureGirl
shocks20
new2this
10 posters

Go down

Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! Empty Check this out!!! great PVC ideas!

Post  new2this 5/5/2010, 1:25 pm

This is the COOLEST cucumber trellis idea!

http://www.pvcplans.com/trellis.htm

imagine instead of those 5 gall buckets, a nice long box filled with Mel's mix. You could even make beds for cool crops and put in underneath!!
Oh, this is too cool....
new2this

Female Posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! Empty Re: Check this out!!! great PVC ideas!

Post  new2this 5/5/2010, 1:28 pm

Get Out!!! Look at this.... oh I'm giddy..........

http://www.pvcplans.com/pipe-garden.htm

Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! Icon_eek
new2this

Back to top Go down

Check this out!!!  great PVC ideas! Empty Re: Check this out!!! great PVC ideas!

Post  shocks20 5/5/2010, 2:03 pm

Awesome!! I printed out the free instructions on how to build a cold frame...I want one of those for this fall!!
shocks20
shocks20

http://www.jtrbaby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColoradoNatureGirl 5/5/2010, 2:05 pm

That is AWESOME! Could you do peas on it during the spring and then beans and cucumbers over the summer?
ColoradoNatureGirl
ColoradoNatureGirl

Female Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  Retired Member 1 5/5/2010, 2:24 pm

Excellent! I wished they had plans for the cuke trellis -- It is fabulous.
Retired Member 1

Female Posts : 904

Back to top Go down

Post  new2this 5/5/2010, 5:03 pm

belfrybat....you can click on the guy's (I am assuming he's the builder/designer?) name at the bottom of the page and e-mail him directly. I have no idea how old the photo is or anything, but it's worth a try.

COnaturegirl....heck yah - you could probably trellis about anything on there! It'd be nice for peas and beans. The pods would hang down so you could easily pick them. of course you may have to be 6' tall but, hey it's still cool!!
new2this

Back to top Go down

Post  3 ladybugs 5/5/2010, 6:12 pm

That is cool but we would need a building permit for it and it would have to be complete with arch drawings. Can you imagine what those would look like. :Laughing:
3 ladybugs

Female Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Kemp 5/5/2010, 6:26 pm

As a non-permanent structure built without a foundation I don't think you'd need a permit in most locales.
Judge Kemp

Male Posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyldflower 5/5/2010, 6:58 pm

Hi Ladybugs!

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can build this type of structure, even in the most strict New Jersey Township, as long as it's not PERMANENTLY fastened to the ground. You'd want to fasten it in some way, but I think tent spikes or something of that nature would suffice.... in fact, why not drill a hole about two inches from the bottom of the poles that touch the ground, and spike right through the hole into the ground.

(Yes, NJ has some crazy building laws, though, so check with the township before you start... just say you want to put up a TEMPORARY tent-like structure for your garden... ... at least in NJ, you OWN the water that falls on your roof, unlike here in Colorado)

~Wyld... a former Jersey Girl
Wyldflower
Wyldflower

Female Posts : 530

Back to top Go down

Post  lisaphoto 5/5/2010, 9:11 pm

I want this http://www.pvcplans.com/Greenhouse.htm
lisaphoto
lisaphoto

Female Posts : 361

http://www.MomentsToRememberPhotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toastie 5/5/2010, 10:34 pm

Wyldflower wrote:Hi Ladybugs!

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can build this type of structure, even in the most strict New Jersey Township, as long as it's not PERMANENTLY fastened to the ground. You'd want to fasten it in some way, but I think tent spikes or something of that nature would suffice.... in fact, why not drill a hole about two inches from the bottom of the poles that touch the ground, and spike right through the hole into the ground.

(Yes, NJ has some crazy building laws, though, so check with the township before you start... just say you want to put up a TEMPORARY tent-like structure for your garden... ... at least in NJ, you OWN the water that falls on your roof, unlike here in Colorado)

~Wyld... a former Jersey Girl

Wait you are telling me you can not even build a garden without getting a building permit

Anyone else ever wonder if you cut pvc pipe to different sizes can you make a pan flute wind chime out of it
Toastie

Back to top Go down

Post  new2this 5/6/2010, 7:40 am

Lisaphoto - I must've missed that one. I love that - and those nice-looking shelves; very nice and neat!

I dont' have room in my yard for any of those plans, but it's fun to dream.
new2this

Back to top Go down

Post  3 ladybugs 5/6/2010, 7:53 am

Toastie,

Depending on how big it is, here in NJ you would need a permit to build the structure that goes overhead. For my SFG I didn't need a permit. We are planning on replacing our shed soon and that I will need a permit for but it will not need a building permit unless it is over 100 sq feet. Last spring we needed a permit to have our driveway replaced. When our driveway was replaced part of our fence was removed. Our fence was only 4 feet tall but we needed a permit to put in a replacement fence.
I recently inquired about putting a small deck off my back door to replace the sinking concrete stoop that we currently have. The guy at the township asked if I was planning on doing it myself and I said yes, then he handed me a 30 page letter paper size booklet and said "well you may not want to anymore after you read that." Ummm, YEAH!! I was shocked!
I should also add that when you sell your house you need to get a certificate of occupancy for the new owner and during this process they review that you did get your permits for everything so you either pay for it at the time or risk paying more later. :rolleyes:
3 ladybugs

Female Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  milaneyjane 5/9/2010, 8:54 pm

I really want to try this!!! Instead of having the buckets on the bench I would build little 1x1 wood squares. Completely portable to a different area in the garden the next year when I rotate the row corn etc.... Hmmmm...now I am thinking.
milaneyjane
milaneyjane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down