Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 Toplef10Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 I22gcj10Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 Toplef10Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 I22gcj10Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:45 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:19 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:43 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Just planning, thinking, waiting.

+17
martha
boffer
FarmerValerie
Old Hippie
elliephant
nancy
miinva
Furbalsmom
Megan
Odd Duck
kiwirose
kimbertangleknot
CindiLou
camprn
quiltbea
ander217
CarolynPhillips
21 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 Empty Re: Just planning, thinking, waiting.

Post  CarolynPhillips Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes sir, by all means do start a heating cable bed thread. I just got through reading a topic that had your heat bed pic in it. Very Very NICE.
Hubby has my first TT box built. 1 down, 3 to go. I will take pics later---for the new thread you start.

brunch is over with , off to help hubby build boxes.
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Female Posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 Empty Re: Just planning, thinking, waiting.

Post  CarolynPhillips Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Hubby knew I was on my way out to help with the boxes.
This is what I walked up to.

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 100_0530
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Poor Boy looks all tuckered out.

(kind of looks like he is taking his final rest)
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Charles worked on the TT sfg all day. The last 3 hours were in sleet and snow. The deck is slippery.
Should have more sleet and snow tonight.

The 4 TTs are 99% complete.

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 100_0535
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

CarolynPhillips wrote:Charles worked on the TT sfg all day. The last 3 hours were in sleet and snow. The deck is slippery.
Should have more sleet and snow tonight.

The 4 TTs are 99% complete.

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 100_0535
cheers rock on Good stuff !!
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Carolyn, What a wonderful guy to continue to work on in such nasty weather. I love you

This will be a great addition to your garden. cheers
I can already see how my new Table Top will make my gardening easier.
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Furbalsmom wrote:Poor Boy looks all tuckered out.

(kind of looks like he is taking his final rest)

Yep, you've got a place for him when the time comes. But by then, he might need a high rise over the mid-section! yahoo

(I can say that cause I might need a double-decker high rise!)
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Boffer rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl funny post

He is my Hero.

Can't wait to stand up and garden instead of bending over killing my back which has arthritis and locks up if I am bent over too long not to mention my knees which is why i had all those concrete block raised beds. I could sit on the side and lean over.

I still haven't decided what and where I am goin to plant in them. I know there will be snow peas.
My snow peas are popping up out of their little peat pellets. I will try to transfer soil to the TT between the rain and snows this week so I can transplant the peas.

So---the snow peas don't need any protection???????at all?????
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh my goodness, that picture is hilarious!!! Was he checking the fit in case you need to hide a body sometime.......? LOL!

What a great guy you have to work so hard building all those for you. Working through hail and sleet and rain and snow.....he must have a halo and wings.

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Female Posts : 1156

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 am

Charles is my hero and my friend and nobody could ever take his place.
I met Charles in High School. We moved away and Charles followed. We dated
for 1 1/2 yrs then married. Our first date was Sept 16 1986. Been together over 24 years (sometimes by the hair of our chin). He is the love of my life.
The poor man falls a lot. Just trips on something and falls. Slips down a ladder. Trips on a stick. Slips on the icy snow and slides under my truck. Trips coming up the steps. Trips going down the steps. Sometimes he falls in the same place several times ... I figured it out. He trips on a ghost. It is a pass time joke around here. He is a big man and if you hear a big booom and dunno where it came from, it was Charles tripping on a ghost in Alabama.
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 am

Charles and I have alot in common, my nick name as a kid was Gracie Ann, I've been known to be just standing there one second, and on the ground the next. I'm paying for it though, I also used to make fun of old men who said it was going to rain, or get cold. As a kid I fell mostly on my behind, my tail bone now predicts the weather.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 am

I have to do a little "flight of the bubble bee" today. Someone will be out today at 4pm to look at the home. (sale) I am nervous. They know where I live and they know about the greenhouse business. The part that makes me nervous is== they are strangers coming into my home. They will get to see how I live and what I have. They will see my bedroom and my bathroom. They will see my good habits and my bad habits. And if they decide they don't want to buy the home, they will know more about me than I wish for strangers to know. I have to make myself block these thoughts out. It's a mental thing and social anxiety. Block it out. Block it out.

I don't know if I have ever shown this picture around here before or not===
but here is a peak at what the home looks like as you come through the front door as it was unfurnished. It is a nice home. But its not HOME.

Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 000_0020
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 am

I have to do a little "flight of the bubble bee" today.

I will be thinking of you!! I completely understand how you feel, you just put it into words for my own things Smile

Thoughts of sunshine and warmth Smile
Spring is around the corner
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:08 am

Carolyn, just to put your mind at ease, most people don't notice the habits of the occupant. I have moved more times than I care to count, and my husband is in construction and does many remodels and has done new homes too. When looking at homes, most are trying to visualize their belongings in the home, and which walls need a new coat of paint to match their furniture. Don't stress out, some people see so many homes, they only remember the floor plan and whether or not their sofa will fit, and the recliner can be placed at a good angle from the TV.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:10 am

CarolynPhillips wrote: ...They will see my bedroom and my bathroom. They will see my good habits and my bad habits....

I know what you mean. Be sure to put the toilet seat down! Seriously!

(Years ago I had a showing agent get more upset about that than my first wife did. Needless to say, neither one lasted very long.)

boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  martha Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:40 pm

1. Photo made me laugh!

2. I love your description of Charles. Having your husband be the love of your life and your best friend is so wonderful! I don't know what it is like to have that for 24 years, but it is wonderful!

3. Someone will walk in and see it as "home".

4. I am so glad that you are coming here for support. Happens all the time on the horse BB I frequent, and I think it is a wonderful resource.

5. Hugs!
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Had several to come out today and look at the home. I am so tired and I even managed to cook dinner. One is very interested and excited but their parents are helping make the purchase which means the parents have to approve also. The parents will come look in the morning. The couple that is very interested has 3 children and they want to move the mobile home on their parents land. Just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, the phone keeps ringing.

Charles worked hard all day repairing minor things like loose trim, caulking and painted a few door casings.

We are moving stuff out of our storage building tomorrow into the garage so we can get it ready to move in the future.

Then I will start on moving the soil out of the concrete raised beds into the new TT SFG so I can move all the blocks out of the way so they(?) can move the mobile home.
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Let's hope the best deal for all wins.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:58 pm

I apologize for not having time to view and correspond with all the nice topics.
I hope I can find the time to visit every now and then.
The Home is Sold. Shocked Shocked

I will be very busy transferring soil to TT and moving , moving , moving.

Thanks to everyone who brightened up my cloudy days.
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Well at least that part of the waiting is over. Now you can move on to the next project. Check in when you can, holler when you need to, vent/rant when ever you feel like it. Tackle moving those boxes, like you were making a better home for your gardens, talk to the dirt and plants if you feel like it, trust me it does help-it makes you feel better, and keeps the undesirables at bay. Very Happy
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm

The good thing is that you now have a fairly definite time frame instead of everything being so up in the air. Good luck and keep in touch when you can.

Tackle your projects one at a time and "breathe"
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 pm

The mobile home mover came out today to let us know exactly what had to be moved to get this mobile home out of here when time comes.

My new seedling greenhouse (12x24)does not have to be moved.
My raised cinder block grow beds with Arched Trellis does not have to be moved.
I am so glad that I don't have to move these.
good job!

I DO have to move the three raised cinder block beds closest to the home.
4x9, 4x9, 4x5 (two blocks high)
I do NOT have to move the strawberry cinder block pyramid.
Just planning, thinking, waiting. - Page 5 E14820

We moved two TTs into the yard near the sfgs with Arch that is safe.
Two TTs will stay on the deck. I have drilled all my drain holes. I lined one
bed with greenhouse 6 mil poly and filled it with soil from my lettuce bed and transplanted my snow peas along the outside edge. Anxious to plant more.
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 pm

First, that is fantastic that you sold the house. Right?? Now you can get on with the business of getting the HOME you want and need. Fantastic that you don't have to move the greenhouse, etc.

Hang in there! Bit by bit you will get it done. We are all here rooting for you!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Female Posts : 1156

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 pm

I am pretty sure it is sold. The man buying it owns a mobile home park. He is buying the home with a loan from the bank. My husband had to take our mobile home title to the bank on Monday so they could copy it. According to the buyer--he is approved. Now its all up to the bank on title search and red tape paper work and making sure it is a clear title, etc............
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 am

Little by little, step by step, project by project, this too shall pass. At least you don't have to move as much as you first thought! I hope all goes smoothly for you now.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next