Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Butterfly Junction
by countrynaturals Today at 12:27 pm

» weed plant that has caused some frustration around the yard
by Dan in Ct Today at 8:09 am

» Home Made Christmas Gifts
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 3:18 pm

» A really, really Frugal Gardener
by Kelejan Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Yesterday at 7:53 am

» Gardening Life hack - fixing bucket handles
by Dan in Ct Yesterday at 7:33 am

» BOOKs on growing herbs.
by Dan in Ct Yesterday at 7:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 12/13/2019, 9:04 pm

» All I Want For Christmas....Holiday Garden Wish List!
by recoush 12/12/2019, 9:08 pm

» N&C Midwest: November/December 2019!
by Scorpio Rising 12/12/2019, 5:32 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by countrynaturals 12/12/2019, 11:19 am

» Tomato Tuesday - 2018 & 2019
by countrynaturals 12/11/2019, 8:24 pm

» Update on Marie's mom
by donnainzone5 12/11/2019, 11:38 am

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 12/10/2019, 9:27 pm

» What's your favorite kitchen/garden gadget?
by markqz 12/10/2019, 9:20 pm

» Sanderson - On the Road
by sanderson 12/10/2019, 8:04 pm

» What I learned this year...
by Scorpio Rising 12/10/2019, 6:29 pm

» Serrano Peppers
by countrynaturals 12/9/2019, 11:36 am

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing October to December 2019
by Kelejan 12/9/2019, 7:02 am

» Homemade Christmas
by countrynaturals 12/9/2019, 12:22 am

» Grapefruit
by countrynaturals 12/8/2019, 6:25 pm

» Container Gardening
by countrynaturals 12/8/2019, 10:08 am

» Potato Seeds, not Seed Potatoes
by Dan in Ct 12/8/2019, 6:20 am

» Hydrogen Peroxide
by has55 12/8/2019, 3:50 am

» New England, December, 2019
by sanderson 12/7/2019, 5:07 pm

» Steam canning?
by sanderson 12/7/2019, 4:47 pm

» De Jours 18 Radish
by markqz 12/7/2019, 4:11 pm

» Is this the right place?
by sanderson 12/7/2019, 3:30 pm

» ROOKIE TOPIC XVII Seed Starting Dates
by countrynaturals 12/7/2019, 12:15 am

» TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer
by Scorpio Rising 12/6/2019, 8:37 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  bluelacedredhead on 9/25/2019, 1:08 pm

78F with Blue skies. A low of 60F overnight. The forecast for the next week seems to be similar with rain in the not too far future.
bluelacedredhead
bluelacedredhead

Female Posts : 107
Join date : 2012-06-21
Location : Hamilton, ON Z6A

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  yolos on 9/25/2019, 2:07 pm

High between 91*F and 95*F for the next 9 days.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 3820
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 69
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/25/2019, 2:44 pm

@yolos wrote:High between 91*F and 95*F for the next 9 days.
Plus humidity? YUK! That's even worse than here. What happened to fall? idk
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/27/2019, 10:35 am

I know I've said this 3 time before, but I think summer is finally over. We went from 3 days of triple-digits to nothing but 70s in the 10-day. YEE-HAH! happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  donnainzone5 on 9/27/2019, 12:37 pm

donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2410
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 72
Location : Bend, OR (Zone 5-6)

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/27/2019, 4:20 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING? NO, NO, NO! NO SNOW! It's way too soon. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 671790
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  donnainzone5 on 9/27/2019, 7:59 pm

Suz,  

The Bend Bulletin wrote that snow this early in the year here in Central Oregon is "extremely rare."  Did you see the Weather Channel map and forecast?  Parts of Montana are supposed to have record low temps and up to 4' of snow.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2410
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 72
Location : Bend, OR (Zone 5-6)

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/27/2019, 8:46 pm

Suz,  
@donnainzone5 wrote:
The Bend Bulletin wrote that snow this early in the year here in Central Oregon is "extremely rare."  Did you see the Weather Channel map and forecast?  Parts of Montana are supposed to have record low temps and up to 4' of snow.
hiding Our snowstorm last year did damage we're still fixing and left us without power for 7 days. This is not my favorite subject. very sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/29/2019, 11:00 am

Got down to 43 this morning. We've been bringing in firewood all week. Had our first fire in the wood stove this morning. WAAAAA! IT'S TOO SOON! I DON'T WANT IT! Crybaby
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  RJARPCGP on 9/29/2019, 1:19 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:Got down to 43 this morning. We've been bringing in firewood all week. Had our first fire in the wood stove this morning. WAAAAA! IT'S TOO SOON! I DON'T WANT IT! Crybaby
This almost reminds me of December, 2017, which was crap!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 318
Join date : 2014-02-10
Age : 39
Location : North Springfield, Vermont

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/29/2019, 3:06 pm

@RJARPCGP wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:Got down to 43 this morning. We've been bringing in firewood all week. Had our first fire in the wood stove this morning. WAAAAA! IT'S TOO SOON! I DON'T WANT IT! Crybaby
This almost reminds me of December, 2017, which was crap!
darn funny  Misery really does love company. lol!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Scorpio Rising on 9/29/2019, 3:41 pm

Weird...was 64* this morning.  I opened the windows and turned the pool on.  

Just rained (?!). Not sure.  Cool and dreary.  OK with me.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7221
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 57
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  plantoid on 9/29/2019, 4:01 pm

It's wet here very very wet.


 Saturday 29 Sept 2019 

We spent hours taking Holly to  friends 18 birthday party at 19.30 hrs.. for a 20.00 hrs.  start … " .Oh Dad it's not far they live just the other side of Llandeilo ( 9 miles away ) It's already raining hard . 
Shows me a google map & aerial picture , we agree to take her .  It's now bucketing down with rain , coming down in stair rods as we leave home at 18 .00 , and rained even harder several times  before we got to Llandeilo . sat nave says go 6 miles to next roundabout .. ..Ok did that.
Now go 3 miles to junction & turn right  on to single track metalled road . Ok done that ..it's 19.00 hrs by now & starting to get dark . Her friend lives in a not spot ..not able to get a cell phone signal ever . No landline either .     Laughing   Semaphore across the valley on a good dry day ? ?

Sat Nav says it's three mile to release point .. whoops barriers across the road /flashing lights .. " Road Closed " ,"  NO  THROUGH ROUTE  POSSIBLE "
Had to reverse almost 1/2 of a mile on this 9 foot wide road to get to a junction where another route was possible  .
 On this new track I start to notice recently felled trees with three foot diameters ,  cut and pushed to the sides of the track , ..1/2 mile to  destination … the track has become small loose flat stones being washed across the stone track  .  Sat Nav .." You have now reached your destination ". 

 We are on a tight hair pin bend to the left is 500 feet of hill so steep even the sheep would have to have four wheel drive  ,to the right is a valley 800 or so feet below us and many miles wide .
 Alison is getting a bit edgy ,  keeps wanting to sit on my knee when there is a big rock or drop on her side of the track ….. HaHa   look a light ..saved ! 

 Go to the farmhouse ask if it is Ellies home .. " Oh no " says the farmer  , " My daughter is at her birthday party tonight it's about 2 miles as the crow flies . turn your car round  drive to the junction down on the metalled road , turn left and when you see the galvanised steel bridge  turn  left about 5 yards past it to the left ..it's a bit tight so take it steady .  If the water is deeper on the bridge than a foot deep …. don't go over it . "

By now Alison is having kittens , on the way back to the road we noticed a lot more small shingle had washed across the road but not to worry we know where we are. 
 Turned left,  drove to the steel bridge ,  can see there is few inches of water on it so over we go.  Had to do a bit of fancy three , four & five point turning to get the car lined up with the track by the bridge .     Onwards & upwards,  a promise is a promise , we'll soon be at the friends place .
This track we have embarked on is little more than a goat track ,  polished smooth by  the wheels of many 4x 4 vehicles ,  every now & then the car wheels lose a bit if traction and fling out a shower of mud & small flat stones , another journey along the valley side ..... it's dark in between squall's of hard rain we can see lights on the other side of the valley and in the distance …………. a light on our side of the valley …"  Hurraaaay ! " 

 Two heavy gate openings & closings in absolutely chucking it down rain , later.... a mile or more along this track we come to the light and find it is an unoccupied  holiday cottage/  barn conversion .

" Ah"   chirps Holly, "  Ellie said we'd find the holiday cottage after the wooden gate, now you need to drive to the right,  nice & slow because it's as though you'll be driving off a cliff edge into the valley below ,   keep close to the big trees on the left hand side . After a while you'll come to the ford . Don't cross if you can't see the top of the white posts and stay to the left as there is a 10 foot drop tot eh right hand side  " . 
 
By now I can sense Alison's fingers are crushing her rings & her  voice is getting a bit panicky.

 Well , Ellie was right about the sensation of driving over the edge of a cliff .....even my bum nearly started squeaking . we drove down a very steep incline , 600 yards on, Hmm I see what she meant about the ford but thankfully ther is only a foot of water  over it and the white posts are a good three foot tall .  Through the ford then another half mile and we are at the party place , 
 A bevy of half dressed party going 18 & nearly 18 year old young ladies come pouring out of the massive converted barn /  enormous dwelling in the slashing rain to cheer us and see Holly gets inside  .


More classy five point turn exercises to avoid a 20 foot drop off a small cliff into the valley & the car is facing back the way we came .. I got sneaky & asked Al to put this location on the Sat Nav Favourites as " Ellie the Ford " 

At the gate Alison get's out into a puddle that almost  topped her bootees .( Holly had her wellies on when she was playing gate keepers )..naughty language followed once she got back inside the car  Embarassed
 We had to stop and assess the ford ….the water was over a foot deep …. our car is a big heavy 2.2 ton SsangYong Turismo diesel automatic with diff lock to the rear axle , so no problem .
One more gate , through it , Alison is closing it ..... then ….  splish splash,  bang,  bang ,  noise , splish,  bang ..a shouting noise . I turn the engine off and open the left hand side windows.
 Above the noise of the wind in the trees & rain I understand Alison cannot get across  a slippery muddy section by the gate to get in the car .  " Drive forward slowly,  I'll hang on the car door till your clear " are my instructions . ( windows quickly closed ,  engine restarted & I edge forwards 15 foot  so my beloved can get in the car ). 
 Al is laughing like a drain , gives a few choice to describe her games with the gates .
  

Were back by the holiday cottage & , " Drive off the cliff " place  & the car is sending out a shower of small stones & water behind us as we  shimmy up the steep incline & over the top ,  like we are on one crazy roller coaster in the dark . Suddenly we no longer see treetops and see tree trunks & ground once again.
 Compared to that little event the rest of the run down to the metalled road was a non event  including Alison being on the valley side of the steep drops .  ( It's now pitch black  & still bucketing it down so she didn't know we'd driven past them  Laughing )
 

 Took a look a the metal bridge , there is a good foot of water flowing over it .    Ha ha , Sat Nav sparks up, " Now Turn Left " not right over the bridge .  The Sat Nav took us along another four or so miles of very narrow metaled road ,  with grass often  growing through the middle of the road & plant life in high earthen  banks slapping at the wing mirrors . It was like this we got back onto a 15 foot wide road  which eventually took us to a 30 foot wide road with a while line down the centre , civilisation & roads we know to get us back home .
 
About a mile from home it stopped raining , time now 21.45 hrs . 
 Then as we were 100 yards for home it absolutely chucked it down by the bath full , after 15 min of being sat in the car waiting for it to abate … we decided to make a dash for the front door ... me & my crutches got absolutely soaking wet Sad ….Alison had stolen my fabulous storm coat . Laughing
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 3898
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/29/2019, 5:10 pm

T
@plantoid wrote:It's wet here very very wet.


 Saturday 29 Sept 2019 

We spent hours taking Holly to  friends 18 birthday party at 19.30 hrs.. for a 20.00 hrs.  start … " .Oh Dad it's not far they live just the other side of Llandeilo ( 9 miles away ) It's already raining hard . 
Shows me a google map & aerial picture , we agree to take her .  It's now bucketing down with rain , coming down in stair rods as we leave home at 18 .00 , and rained even harder several times  before we got to Llandeilo . sat nave says go 6 miles to next roundabout .. ..Ok did that.
Now go 3 miles to junction & turn right  on to single track metalled road . Ok done that ..it's 19.00 hrs by now & starting to get dark . Her friend lives in a not spot ..not able to get a cell phone signal ever . No landline either .     Laughing   Semaphore across the valley on a good dry day ? ?

Sat Nav says it's three mile to release point .. whoops barriers across the road /flashing lights .. " Road Closed " ,"  NO  THROUGH ROUTE  POSSIBLE "
Had to reverse almost 1/2 of a mile on this 9 foot wide road to get to a junction where another route was possible  .
 On this new track I start to notice recently felled trees with three foot diameters ,  cut and pushed to the sides of the track , ..1/2 mile to  destination … the track has become small loose flat stones being washed across the stone track  .  Sat Nav .." You have now reached your destination ". 

 We are on a tight hair pin bend to the left is 500 feet of hill so steep even the sheep would have to have four wheel drive  ,to the right is a valley 800 or so feet below us and many miles wide .
 Alison is getting a bit edgy ,  keeps wanting to sit on my knee when there is a big rock or drop on her side of the track ….. HaHa   look a light ..saved ! 

 Go to the farmhouse ask if it is Ellies home .. " Oh no " says the farmer  , " My daughter is at her birthday party tonight it's about 2 miles as the crow flies . turn your car round  drive to the junction down on the metalled road , turn left and when you see the galvanised steel bridge  turn  left about 5 yards past it to the left ..it's a bit tight so take it steady .  If the water is deeper on the bridge than a foot deep …. don't go over it . "

By now Alison is having kittens , on the way back to the road we noticed a lot more small shingle had washed across the road but not to worry we know where we are. 
 Turned left,  drove to the steel bridge ,  can see there is few inches of water on it so over we go.  Had to do a bit of fancy three , four & five point turning to get the car lined up with the track by the bridge .     Onwards & upwards,  a promise is a promise , we'll soon be at the friends place .
This track we have embarked on is little more than a goat track ,  polished smooth by  the wheels of many 4x 4 vehicles ,  every now & then the car wheels lose a bit if traction and fling out a shower of mud & small flat stones , another journey along the valley side ..... it's dark in between squall's of hard rain we can see lights on the other side of the valley and in the distance …………. a light on our side of the valley …"  Hurraaaay ! " 

 Two heavy gate openings & closings in absolutely chucking it down rain , later.... a mile or more along this track we come to the light and find it is an unoccupied  holiday cottage/  barn conversion .

" Ah"   chirps Holly, "  Ellie said we'd find the holiday cottage after the wooden gate, now you need to drive to the right,  nice & slow because it's as though you'll be driving off a cliff edge into the valley below ,   keep close to the big trees on the left hand side . After a while you'll come to the ford . Don't cross if you can't see the top of the white posts and stay to the left as there is a 10 foot drop tot eh right hand side  " . 
 
By now I can sense Alison's fingers are crushing her rings & her  voice is getting a bit panicky.

 Well , Ellie was right about the sensation of driving over the edge of a cliff .....even my bum nearly started squeaking . we drove down a very steep incline , 600 yards on, Hmm I see what she meant about the ford but thankfully ther is only a foot of water  over it and the white posts are a good three foot tall .  Through the ford then another half mile and we are at the party place , 
 A bevy of half dressed party going 18 & nearly 18 year old young ladies come pouring out of the massive converted barn /  enormous dwelling in the slashing rain to cheer us and see Holly gets inside  .


More classy five point turn exercises to avoid a 20 foot drop off a small cliff into the valley & the car is facing back the way we came .. I got sneaky & asked Al to put this location on the Sat Nav Favourites as " Ellie the Ford " 

At the gate Alison get's out into a puddle that almost  topped her bootees .( Holly had her wellies on when she was playing gate keepers )..naughty language followed once she got back inside the car  Embarassed
 We had to stop and assess the ford ….the water was over a foot deep …. our car is a big heavy 2.2 ton SsangYong Turismo diesel automatic with diff lock to the rear axle , so no problem .
One more gate , through it , Alison is closing it ..... then ….  splish splash,  bang,  bang ,  noise , splish,  bang ..a shouting noise . I turn the engine off and open the left hand side windows.
 Above the noise of the wind in the trees & rain I understand Alison cannot get across  a slippery muddy section by the gate to get in the car .  " Drive forward slowly,  I'll hang on the car door till your clear " are my instructions . ( windows quickly closed ,  engine restarted & I edge forwards 15 foot  so my beloved can get in the car ). 
 Al is laughing like a drain , gives a few choice to describe her games with the gates .
  

Were back by the holiday cottage & , " Drive off the cliff " place  & the car is sending out a shower of small stones & water behind us as we  shimmy up the steep incline & over the top ,  like we are on one crazy roller coaster in the dark . Suddenly we no longer see treetops and see tree trunks & ground once again.
 Compared to that little event the rest of the run down to the metalled road was a non event  including Alison being on the valley side of the steep drops .  ( It's now pitch black  & still bucketing it down so she didn't know we'd driven past them  Laughing )
 

 Took a look a the metal bridge , there is a good foot of water flowing over it .    Ha ha , Sat Nav sparks up, " Now Turn Left " not right over the bridge .  The Sat Nav took us along another four or so miles of very narrow metaled road ,  with grass often  growing through the middle of the road & plant life in high earthen  banks slapping at the wing mirrors . It was like this we got back onto a 15 foot wide road  which eventually took us to a 30 foot wide road with a while line down the centre , civilisation & roads we know to get us back home .
 
About a mile from home it stopped raining , time now 21.45 hrs . 
 Then as we were 100 yards for home it absolutely chucked it down by the bath full , after 15 min of being sat in the car waiting for it to abate … we decided to make a dash for the front door ... me & my crutches got absolutely soaking wet Sad ….Alison had stolen my fabulous storm coat . Laughing
OMG! affraid That's the scariest thing I've ever read, here.  hiding
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  donnainzone5 on 9/29/2019, 5:31 pm

A true deluge!  But you survived.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2410
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 72
Location : Bend, OR (Zone 5-6)

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  AtlantaMarie on 9/30/2019, 8:22 am

Oh, good heavens, Plantoid.... That would be a "sorry you missing the party" for me!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5196
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 56
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  AtlantaMarie on 9/30/2019, 8:24 am

Donnainzone5 - did you get any snow? I saw Spokane, WA, ID, & especially MT got a bunch!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5196
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 56
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  donnainzone5 on 9/30/2019, 11:14 am

Marie,

We had some wet flurries on Friday.  Some of the flakes were rather large.

There was light snow overnight, with accumulations less than 1/2", here at home.  Still, it's only September!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2410
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 72
Location : Bend, OR (Zone 5-6)

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  LilBittyBean on 9/30/2019, 1:02 pm

Plantoid, your post had me sweating. Glad y'all made it safely to the shindig and back again.

Another reason for my sweating, is this dang ol' heat! We are roasting out down here. No rain for several weeks now.  No
LilBittyBean
LilBittyBean

Female Posts : 48
Join date : 2019-08-08
Age : 46
Location : New Orleans, LA

http://www.southernplanteater.com/

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  yolos on 9/30/2019, 2:36 pm

Hot.  Highs between 93 and 96 degrees until Saturday,.  Then drops down into low 80's of Saturday.  Almost no rain for months.  My water bill last month was just over $200.  But I do have a pool where the water evaporates rapidly in this heat and I have to continually raise the level of the water above the filters.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 3820
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 69
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Scorpio Rising on 9/30/2019, 6:38 pm

Plantoid!  That is terrifying!  Glad it all worked out in the end!

Here it is dry and HOT!  The Jet Stream is in a summer pattern and stuck for now...
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7221
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 57
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 9/30/2019, 7:21 pm

This is ridiculous! All you folks who should be cold are sweating, when we -- who should be sweating -- are having highs in the 60s and lows in the 40 -- heat on and fires in the wood stove, already. crazy!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Scorpio Rising on 9/30/2019, 9:25 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:This is ridiculous! All you folks who should be cold are sweating, when we -- who should be sweating -- are having highs in the 60s and lows in the 40 -- heat on and fires in the wood stove, already. crazy!
Yes.  Something is VERY wrong...we are screwing this big blue ball up.   Sad
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 7221
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 57
Location : Ada, Ohio

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 10/1/2019, 9:08 am

Back to normal for the next 10 days -- highs in the high 70s, low in the low 50s. Should be able to do some fun fall gardening. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5030
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  RJARPCGP on 10/1/2019, 9:19 am

@yolos wrote:Hot.  Highs between 93 and 96 degrees until Saturday,.  Then drops down into low 80's of Saturday.  Almost no rain for months.  My water bill last month was just over $200.  But I do have a pool where the water evaporates rapidly in this heat and I have to continually raise the level of the water above the filters.

And even though I'm in the northeast US, the contrast between there and here, seems to be excessive, with southern Vermont and southern New Hampshire looking as if I'm in northeast Vermont! It's possible that in some days, we are going to be like International Falls, Minnesota! pale
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 318
Join date : 2014-02-10
Age : 39
Location : North Springfield, Vermont

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 25 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum